BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

09-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #177
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post

The type 101, 251 and 252 were produced throughout the 50s into the 60s.
Those were prototypes or models that no more than 7-8 chassis were made and were suppose to be part of the Bugatti comeback that never happened until VW group bought the brand. That car in the 90s was a far cry from legendary or even memorable for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #178
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Not going to lie, not many cars can even dream about a 7 second pass.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #179
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
Is this on a stock block with a stock transmission?
      09-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #180
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Here you can see more >>>http://gtr.alphaperformance.com/

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #181
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Doubt it. Just amazes me how much potential this car has. 7 secs is mind blowing, 0-60 under 2 seconds. Talk about crazy
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #182
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Here's a direct quote from the GTR Life forum.....

" decided to re-upholster the built-to-a price vinyl rear seats in good quality leather. It took me a while to source a grain of leather most closely resembling the stock leather at the front of the GT-R's interior.
Eventually I went with German Wollsdorf automotive leather as used in other fast vehicles....the Airbus A380 no less!

At the same time, I sound- and heat-insulated the rear seat compartment and console to get rid of all clunking noises from the transaxle,
thumping of the rear suspension over pot holes and rear tire roar.
I can now enjoy the sound of the engine, the soon to be installed Challenge Y-pipe and my BOSE sound system without any background noises.

The best part is that the rear console and seats don't get boiling hot any more from sitting directly on top of a practically uninsulated transmission which heats up continually, as long as the car is moving.

Here is a shot of the new seats, which have not slowed the GT-R one bit, and would have cost Nissan $100 if they were done on an assembly line.
This car is still just as fast and a huge bargain compared to a Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini...but with a little more refinement than before.

I apologise in advance to all the purists who enjoy their racing machines loud and raw, inside and out -these mods are not for you"

The GTR, to me, is an unfinished car. They gave it all the performance, then nothing more. It would take about $50k in purely cosmetic mods for me to make a GTR into what I want, the interior design notwithstanding, which looks like a bunch of random pods glued together, rather than a nicely integrated design.
      09-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #183
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:

" decided to re-upholster the built-to-a price vinyl rear seats in good quality leather. It took me a while to source a grain of leather most closely resembling the stock leather at the front of the GT-R's interior.
Eventually I went with German Wollsdorf automotive leather as used in other fast vehicles....the Airbus A380 no less!

At the same time, I sound- and heat-insulated the rear seat compartment and console to get rid of all clunking noises from the transaxle,
I can now enjoy the sound of the engine, the soon to be installed Challenge Y-pipe and my BOSE sound system without any background noises.

The best part is that the rear console and seats don't get boiling hot any more from sitting directly on top of a practically uninsulated transmission which heats up continually, as long as the car is moving.

Here is a shot of the new seats, which have not slowed the GT-R one bit, and would have cost Nissan $100 if they were done on an assembly line.
This car is still just as fast and a huge bargain compared to a Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini...but with a little more refinement than before.

I apologise in advance to all the purists who enjoy their racing machines loud and raw, inside and out -these mods are not for you"

The GTR, to me, is an unfinished car. They gave it all the performance, then nothing more. It would take about $50k in purely cosmetic mods for me to make a GTR into what I want, the interior design notwithstanding, which looks like a bunch of random pods glued together, rather than a nicely integrated design.
Agree
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #184
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR

Quote:
there really isnt anything stock about this car at this point.

it has an AMS 4 liter crate motor and shep full transmission build.

theres probably 50k into the gearbox alone
8.97@164 - 206.99 half mile - 1401whp 1095tq Road Race Prepped Monster Killed on Hellbender 28
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #185
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

you should be happy with your M then. Less performance and a more refined interior.

the GTR is and never was about the interior. It is a performance monster and nothing else matters to it. It was built to go fast and that it does very very well

As for the quoted GTR life post, sounds like they should have bought an M to me
8.97@164 - 206.99 half mile - 1401whp 1095tq Road Race Prepped Monster Killed on Hellbender 28
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #186
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
you should be happy with your M then. Less performance and a more refined interior.

the GTR is and never was about the interior. It is a performance monster and nothing else matters to it. It was built to go fast and that it does very very well

+1. The guy definitely didn't know what he was getting in to. That said, the GTR is a fine DD with tons more practicality than a 911, Cayman or Boxster.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #187
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Quote:

In my opinion, the reason this "comfort" debate always comes up is the pricing for the GTR. When you're paying north of $90K for a vehicle, new, your car buying base tends to be one that is more "refined". GM hit the nail on the head in pricing the base Corvette for finding the maximum price people will pay for a sports car and not really care a lot about the interior quality.

The GTR is priced with the likes of the 911, R8, etc. That buying base is used to nice interiors to go along with "go fast" power. So even though the GTR is following the same "theme" as the Corvette (exotic car speeds under exotic car pricing) its pricing encroaches into the upper luxury sports car market, and those folks like the finer things in life...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #188
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq diesel View Post
In my opinion, the reason this "comfort" debate always comes up is the pricing for the GTR. When you're paying north of $90K for a vehicle, new, your car buying base tends to be one that is more "refined". GM hit the nail on the head in pricing the base Corvette for finding the maximum price people will pay for a sports car and not really care a lot about the interior quality.

The GTR is priced with the likes of the 911, R8, etc. That buying base is used to nice interiors to go along with "go fast" power. So even though the GTR is following the same "theme" as the Corvette (exotic car speeds under exotic car pricing) its pricing encroaches into the upper luxury sports car market, and those folks like the finer things in life...
To counter...there are many people still willing to buy the car. So Nissan kind of hit the nail on the head because they can get a lot more money than GM did for something based on raw performance. Now if the car wasn't selling, than this discussion would be different. Until then, you can't generalize everybody because it is clear there is a market the the GTR pertains to.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #189
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #190
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I drove a 911turbo, R8v10, 430 scuderia, 458 italia and a GTR when I was in the market and bought the GTR specifically because it wasnt posh like the others. Money didnt matter, ive put 6 figures plus into my gtr in aftermarket parts. In a car like that I dont care what the interior is like nor did I want something like that. I wanted raw performance, the rest just didnt really matter to me.

the only thing i really didnt like about the GTR was the front seats so I swapped them out for a set of recaro sportsters and sold my stock seats for even money.

the guy in the orginal GTR life post was bitching about the leather in the back seats, all i could think about was wow we really bought the car for different reasons. He cares about how the the back seats feel on someones butt and i put a cage in mine. different strokes for different folks I guess

Last edited by UnaBomber; 09-10-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #191
davcrz5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport 2011, ISF 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92livin View Post
This video is hilarious was laughing out loud when I saw, but still get point across regarding all criticism GTR receives great find one of my fav

Last edited by davcrz5; 09-10-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #192
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
To counter...there are many people still willing to buy the car. So Nissan kind of hit the nail on the head because they can get a lot more money than GM did for something based on raw performance. Now if the car wasn't selling, than this discussion would be different. Until then, you can't generalize everybody because it is clear there is a market the the GTR pertains to.
Well my statement wasn't a reflection on sales of the GTR. It was about the debate about the interior that always pops up in a GTR thread.

If Nissan sold the car for $20K less (hovering in Z06 pricing territory) then everyone bitching about the interior would get the automatic counter "its the same price as the Z06 and has an equal if not better interior!"

But I'd wager a large majority of GTR owners most likely owned (or could have owned) a 911, Ferrari, Lambo, R8, etc. And while some of them don't care as much about the specing of the interior, some of them do. Hence my comment about why there are so many complaints about the interior. Because some of the buying demographic has had better or for that price they want better.

As a comparison, I would be willing to wager that any GTR owner that came from a 350/370 or Corvette probably has minimal complaints about the interior of the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #193
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Well my statement wasn't a reflection on sales of the GTR. It was about the debate about the interior that always pops up in a GTR thread.

If Nissan sold the car for $20K less (hovering in Z06 pricing territory) then everyone bitching about the interior would get the automatic counter "its the same price as the Z06 and has an equal if not better interior!"

But I'd wager a large majority of GTR owners most likely owned (or could have owned) a 911, Ferrari, Lambo, R8, etc. And while some of them don't care as much about the specing of the interior, some of them do. Hence my comment about why there are so many complaints about the interior. Because some of the buying demographic has had better or for that price they want better.

As a comparison, I would be willing to wager that any GTR owner that came from a 350/370 or Corvette probably has minimal complaints about the interior of the car.

If people complain their interior is terrible and they own that car...maybe they had their priorities wrong...obviously another factor was more important.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #194
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

If you're bitching about the interior of a GTR, then don't buy it!
If you bought it and hate the interior, well then sell it because you bought the wrong car!
If you bought the GTR because you want a stock car to go from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and doesn't cost 7-figures, then you bought the right car!
From $90-$120k there's a lot of choice in both the new and used market, with at least 10 cars coming to mind and most of them are very different personalities. The GTR gets the most hate because it's Japanese and has a sub-par interior yet outperforms any car on the market and is reasonably priced.

Last edited by F1Venom; 09-11-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #195
davcrz5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport 2011, ISF 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
If you're bitching about then interior of a GTR, then don't buy it!
If you bought it and hate the interior, well then sell it because you bought the wrong car!
If you bought the GTR because you want a stock car to go from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, then you bought the right car!
From $90-$120k there's a lot of choice in both the new and used market, with at least 10 cars coming to mind and most of them are very different personalities. The GTR gets the most hate because it's Japanese and has a sub-par interior yet outperforms any car on the market yet is reasonably priced.
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #196
Lexura
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Jahre Edition

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Jahre  [9.50]
2022 BMW X5M   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
If you're bitching about then interior of a GTR, then don't buy it!
If you bought the GTR because you want a stock car to go from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, then you bought the right car!
From $90-$120k there's a lot of choice in both the new and used market, with at least 10 cars coming to mind and most of them are very different personalities. The GTR gets the most hate because it's Japanese and has a sub-par interior yet outperforms any car on the market yet is reasonably priced.
Yeah, if the GT-R was made by a European manufacturer, the hate would turn into a love fest.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #197
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I certainly am happy with my M. I test drove a GTR 3 times before choosing my M3 over it. I disagree on your statement about the interior, however. Have you seen the Egoist interior on the Japanese GTR? Quite up to par, actually. They just don't offer it in the US.
      09-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #198
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

I've done 0-127 mph in 4 seconds on Kingda Ka at Six Flags.. I need that kinda acceleration on the streets.
Appreciate 0