BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

good thing it all turned out okay for you. I think the key in not getting into accidents is anticipating what other drivers may do. Lots of loons out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #24
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Glad it all ended up alright!
      05-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #25
sameh
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche 911S

Keeping both hands on the steering wheel is over rated
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Maybe you could hire her to ride shotgun for you
Attached Images

Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #27
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Rolf, I am glad you are ok.
Unfortunately, people will find a way around "disabling text messages while driving". There are companies, as we speak, and some are on this forum, who sell aftermarket items to disable this or that program. One i can think of is DVD in motion.
You can't win it. People will always succumb to their stupidity.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #28
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
Rolf, I am glad you are ok.
Unfortunately, people will find a way around "disabling text messages while driving". There are companies, as we speak, and some are on this forum, who sell aftermarket items to disable this or that program. One i can think of is DVD in motion.
You can't win it. People will always succumb to their stupidity.
"You can not make anything foolproof.
Fools are very resourceful."

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #29
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Yikes. Hang up and drive, people! Or pull over and text.

Okay, and another thing, can we please do something about those reclining seats in airliners?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #30
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Glad you se okay. I would be fine if they banned all cell phone use for everybody in the car. Yes, that statekent is a little overboard, but we have been driving cars for 60+ years and most of them we didn't have cell phones. We survived just fine. Counter argument? Yep, motor accident deaths have been on the decline lately. No good solution, people will be pissed which ever way society goes with this topic. Needless to say, drive defensively and like Rolf said, two hands on the steering wheel! Against, glad you were payig attention and that you can be here to contribute to the form.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #31
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Thank you, for being you.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #32
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
Its "bit" not "bid" the dust
lol... You're an ass. He's practically run off the road, and all you do is correct is spelling? Get a life.

Rolf, glad you're OK. Hate to see things like this. From time to time things in my car or truck will slide on to the floor. Sometimes my hat slides off the dash or something. It can always wait until I get to my destination, there's no need to fish for it while I'm driving. Some people are just bad...
      05-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #33
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Thank you again with all your positive comments.

My only intention for posting something like I did in the first post here was to remind my friends here on this forum to be on the lookout for drivers of this sort. Yes I agree it is not necessarily the two hands on the wheel that saves one from certain impact in such a situation. In my case it sure got me out off the mess (try driving with two wheels on gravel and the other two on the pavement ending up on the gravel completely without ending up around one of the trees lining the road). Let me tell you it sure was frightening.

Perhaps I am more concerned then the next fellow. You see I lost a good friend in October 2010. Michael (Mike) was a 29 year responsible fellow he organized BMW track meets and was an excellent driver. The local BMW dealership holds a Track Day every year in his honer.

This years track details -----> Just in case any of you near here like to attend

You may have seen my thread from 2010 ---> Here is the Link to the Thread As you all well know it only takes a split second.

(PS. Above post was posted in the M3 forum I was driving at the time my Z4, I posted it in the M3 forum since I drove a e46 before my Z4 at the time).

So when I post something like this I just like to remind myself and my friends to remember it is not always the way we drive that gets us into a bad situation watch out and keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel (be it one or two) and be ready for any situation.

Have a great summer!

Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 05-25-2012 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: added track schedule
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #34
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
Thank you again with all your positive comments.

My only intention for posting something like I did in the first post here was to remind my friends here on this forum to be on the lookout for drivers of this sort. Yes I agree it is not necessarily the two hands on the wheel that saves one from certain impact in such a situation. In my case it sure got me out off the mess (try driving with two wheels on gravel and the other two on the pavement ending up on the gravel completely without ending up around one of the trees lining the road). Let me tell you it sure was frightening.

Perhaps I am more concerned then the next fellow. You see I lost a good friend in October 2010. Michael (Mike) was a 29 year responsible fellow he organized BMW track meets and was an excellent driver. The local BMW dealership holds a Track Day every year in his honer.

You may have seen my thread from 2010 ---> Here is the Link to the Thread As you all well know it only takes a split second.

(PS. Above post was posted in the M3 forum I was driving at the time my Z4, I posted it in the M3 forum since I drove a e46 before my Z4 at the time).

So when I post something like this I just like to remind myself and my friends to remember it is not always the way we drive that gets us into a bad situation watch out and keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel (be it one or two) and be ready for any situation.

Have a great summer!

Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

are you living in London, Windsor or leamington?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #35
Garrett.
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Not to steal your thunder, but at least you arent me.

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/arti...opstory2.8.txt
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #36
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett. View Post
Not to steal your thunder, but at least you arent me.

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/arti...opstory2.8.txt
Wow.

So, when I read something like this, such as "2:30 am" + "wrong direction on a one-way road" it makes me think the driver was intoxicated. But that's speculation that Krysten Hicks, 29, was drunk.

She was coming the other way and hit you head-on? That must have been quite a jolt to see a car's headlights right in front of you in the center lane.

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #37
Scotch M3
BMW Virgin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Honda Accord

Glad you are ok. That's why when I get into my car my phone stays in my pocket. I only answer my calls via bluetooth no sms, fb or checking emails.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #38
Garrett.
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Wow.

So, when I read something like this, such as "2:30 am" + "wrong direction on a one-way road" it makes me think the driver was intoxicated. But that's speculation that Krysten Hicks, 29, was drunk.

She was coming the other way and hit you head-on? That must have been quite a jolt to see a car's headlights right in front of you in the center lane.

She was drunk/high and hit me head on at 80+, the semi In front of me pulled to the right lane which exposed my car to her path. All i remember were the headlights like 2 inches from my front end and then sitting on the side of the road. At that point i was convinced a car would t bone me and id be dead. I will soon be the owner of a brand spankin' new '13 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #39
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
Its "bit" not "bid" the dust
I suspect simple typo, or a confusion with the phrase "bid adieu" for those with multiple languages.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #40
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
good thing it all turned out okay for you. I think the key in not getting into accidents is anticipating what other drivers may do. Lots of loons out there.
This is the key to survival when driving, however the real issue is that those of us who are SANE have a difficult time predicting exactly what the INSANE drivers are going to do.

They have us at a disadvantage.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett. View Post
She was drunk/high and hit me head on at 80+, the semi In front of me pulled to the right lane which exposed my car to her path. All i remember were the headlights like 2 inches from my front end and then sitting on the side of the road. At that point i was convinced a car would t bone me and id be dead. I will soon be the owner of a brand spankin' new '13 M3
"Hicks' car rotated counterclockwise, struck a metal guardrail, traveled another 152 feet and came to rest on the east edge of Interstate 95..."

She hit you, THEN rotated counterclockwise, struck a metal guardrail THEN traveled another 152 feet...

Just how fast was the estimate on her speed? Was there any attempt to hit the brakes? If she ever drives again, it will be too soon. I'm glad to hear that both the OP and you are both ok.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #42
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

Glad to see you're ok buddy. I'm an American, but I'll admit that we have some terrible drivers out there.
This is the main reason why I love driving in Germany.
Stay alert!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #43
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

This must not happen much to you for you to post it on here. Drive in NJ at rush hour, you'll be able to write a book. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #44
mosx
The mod bug has bitten.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Instead of rendering phones in-operable they should just make hands-free bluetooth a requirement in cars. You could also do text-to-speech and speech-to-text for text messaging.
Appreciate 0