BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

04-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
G.R
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E93 M3

Issue with car pulling to the left

I have had this issue when driving that when I let go of the steering wheel the car pulls to the left dangerously to a point where it will drift over 2 lanes in 2 seconds.

So I brought it into BMW service to have a look at it a few days ago and left it there for the day. They said they would give it a wheel alignment and it should be alright.

I picked the car up later that day and drove out of there and the problem was still the same. They suggested to bring it back in on Saturday and they will have another look at it.

So I was back there today. the head service guy said they would give it another wheel alignment and he printed out the data and did minor adjustments to toe, camber etc and then tested it on the road but still no improvement.

Suggested to bring it back on Wednesday and they will go over the car to try and work out what the issue it.

Do any of you guys have any ideas of whats happened here?
      04-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Did you get new tires recently? I had this same exact situation on my e92 328. But it was after I had new tires installed. Same brand and spec as the outgoing set. They even swapped them for another of the same. Still had the problem. So I borrowed some stock wheels and tires from a friend. NO Pull.

Went back to the tire shop, switched to a different brand tire, and everything went back to normal.

Still no eplanation other than that it was a bad run of tires or something.

Oh well. Good luck.

D
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
G.R
Private First Class
Rep

They are the same tires that came with the car and I have only done 8000kms.
      04-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

swap the tires side to side...see what happens
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Did you hit a pothole or something? The weird thing is if you had any suspension damage, car wouldn't align properly. What was the thrust angle on your alignment? It should be '0.0'. Since you have the same tires, carefully checked them (removed) for bulges or other damage. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
G.R
Private First Class
Rep

I have not been in any accidents or hit any potholes.
They printed out a copy of the wheel alignment stats and they are happy with all the numbers ( I don't have it with me right now)
So I left it with them for two days and they gave it back yesterday and no improvement with this problem. They suggested we put new michelin tires on them as the old ones (continentals) were a bit worn. So new tired from a different brand didn't make a difference either.

They don't know what else this could be and I don't either. Not sure whether I should take this up with someone higher up in bmw as I get the feeling it could be a warranty issue.