BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

10-25-2013, 03:38 AM   #1
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

CAR Settings wipe off memory along with no DSC MDM

So I took my 2013 m3 to a carwash, after I pick it up I noticed my seat memories were not working and all my radio stations for XM were erased as if nothing was stored on them. So I hit my M mode button to see if those settings were deleted also, sure enough that was also wipe out and changed. But was weird, the DSC options were not available for M mode driving settings, so basically there was no M dynamic mode available. So I turn off my car on and off to see if it fix the problem, still same result. Then I had got back to my work office, had the car off for about an hour and everything was fine and back to normal with the DSC options back along with M dynamic mode avalible for M drive.

I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem before or knows what is wrong with the car, as I am bit worried it could be something wrong with THE ECU or something electrical with the fuses where the abs is control and all that stuff.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
paddy335
Major
Rep
Drives: M140i;X5 40d

There is another guy on another thread complaining about damaged functions after getting water in the boot from a carwash
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
socalm3lover
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Arabshahi View Post
So I took my 2013 m3 to a carwash, after I pick it up I noticed my seat memories were not working and all my radio stations for XM were erased as if nothing was stored on them. So I hit my M mode button to see if those settings were deleted also, sure enough that was also wipe out and changed. But was weird, the DSC options were not available for M mode driving settings, so basically there was no M dynamic mode available. So I turn off my car on and off to see if it fix the problem, still same result. Then I had got back to my work office, had the car off for about an hour and everything was fine and back to normal with the DSC options back along with M dynamic mode avalible for M drive.

I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem before or knows what is wrong with the car, as I am bit worried it could be something wrong with THE ECU or something electrical with the fuses where the abs is control and all that stuff.

Thanks.
Are you carrying both keys (comfort access option)? Was your wife with you and carrying her key? This happened to me when traveling with my wife. After a gas/head stop, she returned to the car first and it picked up her key first, which had no settings on it.

It took months to figure out what was occasionally happening and the dealer was no help.

Individual settings are saved in each key fob.

John

Last edited by socalm3lover; 10-25-2013 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: clarificaiton
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
to///m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 CX

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 CX  [9.50]
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
2018 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalm3lover View Post
Are you carrying both keys (comfort access option)? Was your wife with you and carrying her key? This happened to me when traveling with my wife. After a gas/head stop, she returned to the car first and it picked up her key first, which had no settings on it.

It took months to figure out what was occasionally happening and the dealer was no help.

John
Thats the first thing i thought

2023 BG G80 ///M3 COMP XDRIVE
Dinan CF Intake | Valvetronic SS Full Exhaust | AST Adjustable Springs | UNIT 17 Front Splitter | UNIT 17 Sideskirts | BC Forged HSC21 Wheels 20x10 et12 / 20x11 et12
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
X2Board
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: I'm back, bitches! '13 E92 ZCP

Which is why I set everything on my wife's key to the same as mine, with the exception of seats and side mirrors
2011 Sapphire Black/Black E70 X5 M - Gone.
2010 Jerez Black/Black E90 M3 DCT -Gone-
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
Dougeefresh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by X2Board View Post
Which is why I set everything on my wife's key to the same as mine, with the exception of seats and side mirrors
Gtfo! The key fob memorizes the side mirror settings?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalm3lover View Post

John
I would think that would happen if I had both keys with me but I did not have my other set of keys, I do have comfort access on it though. Thanks for the help though
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by to///m View Post
Thats the first thing i thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by X2Board View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougeefresh View Post
Gtfo! The key fob memorizes the side mirror settings?
YeAH I HATE WHEN I cant find my other key I have to use my spare and all the settings are not there lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #9
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

Happened twice to me since the car was new. Doesn't happen anymore. If it becomes persistent that I worry about it. Just like my new iphone can act weird and glitchy and crash, I would expect a car to do the same once in a while. Because it happens once or even twice doesn't mean something's going to be consistently wrong with it. I wouldn't worry too much.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Happened twice to me since the car was new. Doesn't happen anymore. If it becomes persistent that I worry about it. Just like my new iphone can act weird and glitchy and crash, I would expect a car to do the same once in a while. Because it happens once or even twice doesn't mean something's going to be consistently wrong with it. I wouldn't worry too much.
Thanks for help. I took it to a dealer they check my key. They said because I left my in the ignition while it was getting washed on battery, it could of lower my battery to dead or low that caused it to malfunction. My volts were low so he said that's what happens.

Thanks
Appreciate 0