BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

01-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #23
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Results

Does the tach read true at the top of the rpm range, meaning the needle will actually go to 8,600? I thought I had read that in stock form, 8,400 rpm read as 8,250; the redline on the dial itself.

It's been far too cold to get out and fully enjoy my BPMSport tune and check myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Here it is.. going to be more aggressive when I try next time, or maybe I will change the LC RPM to 3,800 - 4,000. Pretty damn good launch though.. usually I get wheel hop which drives me nuts. Probably could have done better if I wasn't video taping my own launch and shifting too! lol

Here's a vid one of our customers sent us that we tuned a couple days ago.. You can see how much traction he has
First video you have perfect traction. And second video the guy does a shitty launch and half dumps clutch and ripping a shot - nothing that cant be done on an otherwise stock car. Of course you will spin tires depending on how you launch the car, that has nothing to do with your tune - its simply drivers skill. Hate to break it to you but nothing dramatic is occurring because of the "massive torque increase midrange" your're claiming. Take both cars in those videos onto the highway and hit it from a 40, those tires wont spin whatsoever.

Quote:
I'm considering getting a 4.10 but I already have serious traction issues in 1st and 2nd..
And FWIW, when you say you have "serious" traction issues in second, I was assuming you were experiencing something along the lines of what I experience in this video:

Seeing as how you exaggerate your traction issues, I cant help but feel you exaggerate the gains from your tune as well

Last edited by erm324; 01-18-2013 at 09:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #25
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Once I finish tuning these cars in Germany this morning, I'm going to go downstairs, hop in my m3 which has massive torque increases, and make a video on the way to the coffee shop.

The video I posted of me launching is one of the few times I've had good traction in first. If I punch it in first at anytime above 3K it will spin for sure.

I've driven well over 100 M3's stock and tuned so I think I know the difference. Glad you're proud of being able to spin with a blower Stay 'tuned'.

The amount of haterade on this forum is unmatched. But I get it, people get upset when you take their market share with excellent products and support.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 01-18-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Once I finish tuning these cars in Germany this morning, I'm going to go downstairs, hop in my m3 which has massive torque increases, and make a video on the way to the coffee shop.

The video I posted of me launching is one of the few times I've had good traction in first. If I punch it in first at anytime above 3K it will spin for sure.

I've driven well over 100 M3's stock and tuned so I think I know the difference. Glad you're proud of being able to spin with a blower Stay 'tuned'.
I'm not proud of it, actually I was saying how the PSS are such good tires that I have perfect traction even with a blower from a 40. Lately I usually sit back and have a high tolerance to stupidity, but when people post asinine comments such as "I have SERIOUS traction issues with my new BPM tune....omg....massive increases in torque.....completely different car....." which are completely misleading I cant help but laugh. I'd rather read a 335 vs M3 thread or a "which is better DCT or 6MT" than read exaggerated bs about 10whp (at the most) gains. Do you have a dynosheet you could show me of these drastic increases?

Funny how your tone in this post is completely different than that PM you just sent me. Next time don't PM me complaining, I'm very open with my opinions and I am open to being proven wrong given you have dynographs, race videos, times (vbox/track), or anything that proves the efficacy of the tune. As of now, I'll chalk it up to a placebo effect.

Last edited by erm324; 01-18-2013 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #27
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erm324 View Post
I'm not proud of it, actually I was saying how the PSS are such good tires that I have perfect traction even with a blower from a 40.
Guess that depends on temperature and other conditions right? Surprising you have traction since I don't. We all know that these blowers really show their true colors on top and down low the gain is pretty minimal. Maybe you need me to tune it.

Quote:
Lately I usually sit back and have a high tolerance to stupidity, but when people post asinine comments such as "I have SERIOUS traction issues with my new BPM tune....omg....massive increases in torque.....completely different car....." which are completely misleading I cant help but laugh.
Sit back in your ESS fanboy couch and chair and laugh... but the jokes on you! I love it how you're commenting on something you don't even have. I do have SERIOUS traction issues in first if I punch it. In second, not all the time but sometimes. There is a massive increase in torque, and it does feel like a completely different car. Ask anyone that has it and they will tell you. You can run around here with your skeptism but at the end of the day you're commenting on something you don't have. How intelligent is that?

Quote:
I'd rather read a 335 vs M3 thread or a "which is better DCT or 6MT" than read exaggerated bs about 10whp (at the most) gains. Do you have a dynosheet you could show me of these drastic increases?
Sure - see the torque curve? Yeah.. ~20 wheel torque is pretty noticable.. In fact, when I flash my car back to stock the car feels completely anemic. But again, you're commenting on something you never had just because you are a hater. But that's cool, there are ALWAYS people who hate when someone has something remarkable.

Quote:
Funny how your tone in this post is completely different than that PM you just sent me. Next time don't PM me complaining, I'm very open with my opinions and I am open to being proven wrong given you have dynographs, race videos, times (vbox/track), or anything that proves the efficacy of the tune. As of now, I'll chalk it up to a placebo effect.
The PM I sent you said to remove the stick from your rear end. From your attitude you clearly have an axe to grind, but I'm used to people like you who have nothing positive to contribute. Many of my customers have had seconds shaved off of their lap times with the software. I have nothing to prove to you, the software speaks for itself. You don't like it, don't buy it. There are well over 100 cars out there with the software, if it wasn't what everyone says it is then I think we'd know by now.

Oh... and you mentioned that an N/A M3 won't lose traction in second gear ... here's a couple videos I took just for you:

1st gear:

And since you said punching it in second wouldn't cause a loss (I even had to let off and get back on to stop from going sideways since it's hard to take a video and drive at the same time):

You'll notice it loses traction right around the peak gain in wheel torque from the dyno

Before the tune it would have likely not lost traction there. Temps are 61F outside also. Now go enjoy your car and I'll enjoy mine. Your mother should have taught you that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything. I will always put my money where my mouth is.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.. PS: Do you still have the ESS Blower on your car now?

Looks like you sold it.... http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746608 Why? Becuase you had problems? Bet you didn't know I'm aware of what happened

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 01-18-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #28
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #29
passing
hey
Tanzania
Rep
Drives: caprice wagon

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #30
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Epic.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #31
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by passing View Post
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #32
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Guess that depends on temperature and other conditions right? Surprising you have traction since I don't. We all know that these blowers really show their true colors on top and down low the gain is pretty minimal. Maybe you need me to tune it.

Has nothing to do with having a blower or not, has to do with the fact that you are exaggerating the gains of the tune by claiming you have serious traction issues because of your "major increases in torque". This is pure bullshit and has nothing to do with your tune whatsoever, a measely 15wtq is not going to cause THAT major difference in the performance of this car whatsoever.

Sit back in your ESS fanboy couch and chair and laugh... but the jokes on you! I love it how you're commenting on something you don't even have. I do have SERIOUS traction issues in first if I punch it. In second, not all the time but sometimes. There is a massive increase in torque, and it does feel like a completely different car. Ask anyone that has it and they will tell you. You can run around here with your skeptism but at the end of the day you're commenting on something you don't have. How intelligent is that?

Prior to my blower I had an OETune on my car. Was I excited after I got it and thought I felt a little difference? Sure. Was it monumental? Did the car feel like a different car? Were there massive torque gains? No. Your tune isn't doing anything special that any other tuner has accomplished in the past 3 years, if it is good enough your tune will show gains on average of what other tuners are putting out. Is 15wtq-25wtq a huge torque gain? No. Not in my book whatsoever, at least not enough for the car to feel drastically different by any means.

Sure - see the torque curve? Yeah.. ~20 wheel torque is pretty noticable.. In fact, when I flash my car back to stock the car feels completely anemic. But again, you're commenting on something you never had just because you are a hater. But that's cool, there are ALWAYS people who hate when someone has something remarkable.

Nothing remarkable here, we obviously have different definitions of "massive torque gains". If you consider 20wtq massive then good for you, it isnt by any means anything significant in my book so we will end it at that.

The PM I sent you said to remove the stick from your rear end. From your attitude you clearly have an axe to grind, but I'm used to people like you who have nothing positive to contribute. Many of my customers have had seconds shaved off of their lap times with the software. I have nothing to prove to you, the software speaks for itself. You don't like it, don't buy it. There are well over 100 cars out there with the software, if it wasn't what everyone says it is then I think we'd know by now.

Oh... and you mentioned that an N/A M3 won't lose traction in second gear ... here's a couple videos I took just for you:

1st gear:

And since you said punching it in second wouldn't cause a loss (I even had to let off and get back on to stop from going sideways since it's hard to take a video and drive at the same time):

You'll notice it loses traction right around the peak gain in wheel torque from the dyno

Before the tune it would have likely not lost traction there. Temps are 61F outside also. Now go enjoy your car and I'll enjoy mine. Your mother should have taught you that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything. I will always put my money where my mouth is.

Lmao! Sure, your tune is what made the car break traction. You got me there. 100% it was the 15wtq from your tune that is the deal breaker between hooking up and spinning ever so slightly in second

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.. PS: Do you still have the ESS Blower on your car now?

Looks like you sold it.... http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746608 Why? Becuase you had problems? Bet you didn't know I'm aware of what happened
Blower is sold, as well as everything else. Car is also getting traded in Bet you dont know what happened? It was PUBLICLY written on PUBLIC forums what happened. I made numerous threads about it, whose acting like anything is hidden lmao? I had a ticking noise come from what I thought was the bottom of my motor. Went through numerous oil samples that all came back 100% clean, tried diagnosing the sound for 2 months and couldnt find anything (car ran fine not a hiccup), so I decided to part out the car because I'm moving onto a better platform for big power. You talk I acutally had something to hide, but great find there Mikey you caught me f

BOLDED
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #33
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
No worries erm... I think everyone gets the picture now.

But thanks for chiming in. Better luck next time. I don't really expect much more from 22 year old kids though.

Last edited by BPMSport; 01-18-2013 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #34
erm324
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No worries erm... I think everyone gets the picture now.

But thanks for chiming in. Better luck next time.
Everyone does get the picture. If your tune adds what you're claiming show vbox runs, slips, or ANYTHING that prove it. So far all I got out of you was a novel of a post filled with bullshit and a tiny picture of a small portion of a dynograph. Vbox your car without the tune 60-130, then vbox it with a tune and show a significant difference (signficant enough that we can rule out that its slope, etc...), get the idea? Odds are you'll stick to taking videos of your car "spinning" out of the hole to prove how great your tune is Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #35
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
I'm over it ERM. Not going to waste another single brain cell on you. First you say that it won't spin in second gear, and I proved you wrong with the video I posted. You're just another 22 year old hater/skeptic with too much money and not enough sense. When customers that track their cars 15-20 times a year tell me that they have shaved time off their lap times, that's just one piece of proof right there.

Let us know when you have a new m3 since the last one didn't go so well. My 2008 that I've had for 5 years and almost 50K miles is still running fantastic with no abnormal sounds. The torque also feels amazing compared to a stock car.

Cheers

PS: Don't forget I'm on lovely 91 octane

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #36
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Talking about losing traction ... I had completely forgotten that it existed. Recently coming through a corner it lights up and it was the first time in many moons it kicked in. And guess what this is after I've sourced the BPM Sport tune. May be I don't drive the car as hard as many on this forum and Mike do. But on a serious note, yes I broke traction, I don't know after how long with the tune. It's not all the time ... but it has happened!
      01-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #37
atermechi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 MR

I'm in for some before and after Vbox numbers
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #38
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Have to say this is one of the more epic are we even talking about the raised redline anymore? Looks like the group needs to take their meds
      01-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #39
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Have to say this is one of the more epic are we even talking about the raised redline anymore? Looks like the group needs to take their meds
Absolutely! You go with the flow not even thinking what the original thread was about. We're all guilty of the same crime. Thanks for pointing out
      01-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #40
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Talking about losing traction ... I had completely forgotten that it existed. Recently coming through a corner it lights up and it was the first time in many moons it kicked in. And guess what this is after I've sourced the BPM Sport tune. May be I don't drive the car as hard as many on this forum and Mike do. But on a serious note, yes I broke traction, I don't know after how long with the tune. It's not all the time ... but it has happened!
You got wheel spin going through a corner......WOW that's amazing
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #41
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

I'll tell you what's Massive ....
My cannoli is massive , my milk shake brings all the girls to the yard .... Damn right It's more
Massive then yours ...., damn right .... more massive then yours !

Now enough of this weak sauce talk ...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #42
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Another advantage is on the track when you're full throttle and need that extra couple hundred RPM. Happens to me sometimes when an up-shift isn't really feasible and you don't want to sit at the limiter when you could have a little more room there without shifting.
Granted, I am a slow track noob but I was hitting redline in 4th at the very end of the front straight at Big Willow. As I got faster, I would have to brake earlier, because I would hit redline earlier but a shift to fifth wasn't feasible.

Hopefully, I'll get fast enough that I will have to shift but at least for now, a couple hundred RPMs extra would be nice.
      01-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #43
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
You got wheel spin going through a corner......WOW that's amazing
Did I ever mention wheel spin?
      01-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #44