BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
pro-tect mobile
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusherM3 View Post
Thanks for the info.

I have found other problems now that I have had more time to look it over. I found a bubble with what looks like some sort of liquid in it on the sharp edge around the left headlight. Bout 1.5" long and very narrow right down the edge. You can run your finger over it and the liquid and little air bubbles move all around.I am taking it back to the dealer Saturday to complain. I'm pretty sure the bubble should not be there. Maybe that will be enough to get them to take it off and give me my money back.
Since film is installed wet that is simply a water bubble that didnt get pulled. It would take 2 seconds to pull the water out with a needle... so I wouldnt plan on getting your money back because of that. Plus if left alone most of the time it will dry out and be gone. Sorry you didnt have a good experience with it. Its a great product if you want to keep the front of your car chip free, but it sounds like you would have been happier with a full hood and full fender installation so there were no seem lines.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #46
chock
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerx8 View Post
you should of vinyl wrap your car instead. it changes color + protects the paint + same price or even cheaper compare to full clear bra.
Is your's vinyl wrapped, how much of a colour change are you suggesting?

My Red M3 will be here in a few weeks and I'm not sure on either vinyl or treatment
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #47
DesertEagle50
Admiral General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 FB

Garage List
2013 BMW M5 F10  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
OP if you're going to keep it my advice is to try and keep it as clean as possible. The dustier the hood is the more noticeable the clear bra is.

I've got the same clear bra area on my JB and it looks ok when cleaned and has a shine.
Appreciate 0