BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #45
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

A day at the office

Here's a photo of a typical C63 owner at the office on a typical workday.

Actually, it's a photo of Commander Rich Augenstein, USN, running through a mountain valley not far from Yosemite, at somewhere in the mach .90s, inverted.

He likes his C63, too.

I was going to add a smartass photo depicting less heroic M3 owners so as to bait the faithful, but this file is already big enough.

The truth of the matter is, he says that if he were back living in Reno, he would've picked the M3, but in Fort Worth, it's C63 all the way.

Bruce
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #46
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Damn, so he was the guy who broke my eardrums when I was out having a leisurely snow shoe hike thru the mountains.....
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #47
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Damn, so he was the guy who broke my eardrums when I was out having a leisurely snow shoe hike thru the mountains.....
I'd apologize on his behalf, but I believe it's Navy policy that there simply aren't any peaceful valleys when they're around.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #48
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Check this out guys. EDO Competition C63. I'm intrigued. 555HP and 501 Torque all NA. Wow this motor is tunable.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/01/e...-benz-c63-amg/
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #49
vitamink
Rep
Drives: 330I

I just test drove C63 yesterday.It's a nice car with great handling as well, plus the sound of exhausts..And dealer really push hard and want to sell the car. Now I need work on more to decide which car I like the most..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #50
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamink View Post
I just test drove C63 yesterday.It's a nice car with great handling as well, plus the sound of exhausts..And dealer really push hard and want to sell the car. Now I need work on more to decide which car I like the most..
Are they offering any low financing like BMW? 2.9, etc? That plus the discount would make it a killer deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #51
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Here's a photo of a typical C63 owner at the office on a typical workday.

Actually, it's a photo of Commander Rich Augenstein, USN, running through a mountain valley not far from Yosemite, at somewhere in the mach .90s, inverted.

He likes his C63, too.

I was going to add a smartass photo depicting less heroic M3 owners so as to bait the faithful, but this file is already big enough.

The truth of the matter is, he says that if he were back living in Reno, he would've picked the M3, but in Fort Worth, it's C63 all the way.

Bruce
I would have loved to add my own photo of a RAF pilot doing something similar but alas security prohibits me from doing such a thing. Nothing as facy as a C63 as yet in his stable but I reckon a sporty something isn't too far off radar.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #52
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I would have loved to add my own photo of a RAF pilot doing something similar but alas security prohibits me from doing such a thing. Nothing as facy as a C63 as yet in his stable but I reckon a sporty something isn't too far off radar.
OT: Is that the new S4 in your sig, footie? Have you driven it yet? If so, how does it compare to the M3?
      08-03-2009, 01:16 AM   #53
vitamink
Rep

I know. I can get 3.9% and it will be a good deal.. But M3... man..hard to decide. People always say you won't go wrong with either one. That's why it's so hard to decide.. painful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
Are they offering any low financing like BMW? 2.9, etc? That plus the discount would make it a killer deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 01:58 AM   #54
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamink View Post
I know. I can get 3.9% and it will be a good deal.. But M3... man..hard to decide. People always say you won't go wrong with either one. That's why it's so hard to decide.. painful....
MB is offering 3.9 + 10K off MSRP? Or are you going with a third party financier?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #55
vitamink
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
MB is offering 3.9 + 10K off MSRP? Or are you going with a third party financier?
They didn’t offer 3.9% but you can get the rate from the third party and they might match it. Actually someone posted here for 3.9% interest. Yes, as far as I know, MB offers 7500 below invoice for 09 model now. It’s about 12k or more depends on the dealer. But as I said, I do get great deal for 2010 E92 M3. So it’s really tough decision.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #56
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
OT: Is that the new S4 in your sig, footie? Have you driven it yet? If so, how does it compare to the M3?
Yeah it's the new S4 and yes it does compare favourably with the M3, though not in outright performance as you would expect. It's handling is impeccable and the grip it finds is truly impressive, it's DSG works perfectly (thank god) and fit & finish is top notch as one would expect from an Audi.

Though I still am undecided as to whether I should pick the S4 or go all grandad and buy the XF3.0dS or XFR. The XFR is even more money than the M3 was, where as the XF3.0dS and the S4 when specced evenly are very close on price. I suppose it's a question whether I want to keep driving like a nutter or finally grow up into the business man that I am, either one are great driving cars, where as the Audi definitely feels the sportier it's the Jag that feels the more special to drive. Will make my decision next week unless BMW come back with an offer to keep me put.

P.S.
Given the year's experience with an M3 that I have had I now know that for me at least the better car would be an S4 or S5 with DSG and Sportdiff, but that's just me someone else may feel different. I have found the M3 great in small doses but a little too raw and unpolished compared to a sporty Audi or Merc.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #57
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

If you think the M3 is too raw, sports cars just aren't your cup of tea lol
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #58
Arthur3E92
Private First Class
Armenia
Rep
Drives: C63

I had the same dilemma as the OP. I chose the C63, and I hvent looked back for one second. All the torq is just way too much fun and the stock exhaust sounds so great that changing it at all has never crossed my mind. As for the handling, I actually went on a canyon run with beamers the other day and it handled like a beauty. And where it didnt all the power made up for it x 2. All in all I had a very unbiased view coming from a E92 myself and i still think the E9X m3s are beautiful and great cars, but once I got used to all this power I knew i made the right choice!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #59
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Yeah it's the new S4 and yes it does compare favourably with the M3, though not in outright performance as you would expect. It's handling is impeccable and the grip it finds is truly impressive, it's DSG works perfectly (thank god) and fit & finish is top notch as one would expect from an Audi.

Though I still am undecided as to whether I should pick the S4 or go all grandad and buy the XF3.0dS or XFR. The XFR is even more money than the M3 was, where as the XF3.0dS and the S4 when specced evenly are very close on price. I suppose it's a question whether I want to keep driving like a nutter or finally grow up into the business man that I am, either one are great driving cars, where as the Audi definitely feels the sportier it's the Jag that feels the more special to drive. Will make my decision next week unless BMW come back with an offer to keep me put.

P.S.
Given the year's experience with an M3 that I have had I now know that for me at least the better car would be an S4 or S5 with DSG and Sportdiff, but that's just me someone else may feel different. I have found the M3 great in small doses but a little too raw and unpolished compared to a sporty Audi or Merc.
Go for the S4.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with BMW, that's a shame. I'm sure the S4's AWD will benefit you more where you live too.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #60
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
If you think the M3 is too raw, sports cars just aren't your cup of tea lol
I've had numerous so called sportscars throughtout the years and have no problem owning a true sportscar again if I were after one. But to me at least an M3 isn't a true sportscar, what it is is BMW's best effort yet at producing a sporty car based on a normal car, but in my opinion Audi's S and especially RS models compromise a little less on the creature comforts while still maintaining a decent level of sportiness and that is why I personally think their are better, or should I say better suited to me.

I reckon the M3 was my mid-life crises car and now I'm over that I am looking for something a little less sporty yet still plenty quick enough to full the void of the M3's performance up to a point.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #61
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Yeah it's the new S4 [...]
Good writeup. Thanks for taking the time to share.
      08-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #62
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
Good writeup. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Oh to hell with it. I've being thinking most of today about my situation and I've decided that regardless if BMW reply to me or not I am pissed off enough that I will definitely be selling the M3.

I think I've been patient enough waiting almost a year to get it fixed and for BMW to dismiss my concerns about the problem is insulting and not the sort of thing I would have expected from a quality brand that should really care about what it's customer's think.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #63
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Oh to hell with it. I've being thinking most of today about my situation and I've decided that regardless if BMW reply to me or not I am pissed off enough that I will definitely be selling the M3.

I think I've been patient enough waiting almost a year to get it fixed and for BMW to dismiss my concerns about the problem is insulting and not the sort of thing I would have expected from a quality brand that should really care about what it's customer's think.
Sounds like a dealership-related issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #64
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Sounds like a dealership-related issue.
No. I write to Customer Service department of BMW UK and it's them who I had the complaint with, my dealer I think very highly of but their hands are tied because BMW UK control what downloads are available.

And if they don't reply to customer's problems and concerns then why should I stick by them.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #65
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:
I've had numerous so called sportscars throughtout the years and have no problem owning a true sportscar again if I were after one. But to me at least an M3 isn't a true sportscar, what it is is BMW's best effort yet at producing a sporty car based on a normal car, but in my opinion Audi's S and especially RS models compromise a little less on the creature comforts while still maintaining a decent level of sportiness and that is why I personally think their are better, or should I say better suited to me.

I reckon the M3 was my mid-life crises car and now I'm over that I am looking for something a little less sporty yet still plenty quick enough to full the void of the M3's performance up to a point.
Completely understandable!
I agree the M3 isn't a true sports car as well, even it is too refined.

I'm just young and in-love with all the "hardcore" stuff. I'm sure I'll grow out of it too.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #66
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:

There are plenty of good cars to choose from. And no one car is the 'ultimate' of all cars, including BMW. That car just doesn't exist. It will always be a compromise of some kind.
Appreciate 0