BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Darth335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3 ZCP

Poly's Clear-Tech Detailing Fluid - No Water Car Wash - Detailer's Chime in

As the title says, I am courious if anyone has heard about this or if they have used it. I have spoken to a local detailer, and he say's it is "brand new" and just as good, if not better, then conventinal water/soap hand car wash.

He says this about it:

As I explained to you I am geared up to operate my service in an eco firendly fashion, in which using a rinseless process no water hits the ground. This industry has evolved and new "Polymer" products have hit the market which allow this type of service to be provided with out using conventional soaps. These products applied to the vehicle via a rinseless system, allow the product to emulsify the dirt and by wiping the vehicle off you are left with a finish that is fabulous..........

Here is a video showing how the process works, no pressure washers, no waste water discharge, and a very bright and shiny finish for the customer...

Detailing Caddy is a low pressure, low voltage rinseless system, the vehicle gets an atomization of our "Poly's" Clear-Tech Detailing Fluid and then wiped of panel by panel using the same solution in our bucket. The towels are wrung out in the solution and all the dirt gets suspended in the formula, leaving a perfect finish.

http://www.detailingcaddy.com/?page_id=90

My question is to you, expert detailer's out there, do his claims have any merit, or is it just marketing hype?

Has anyone used this service or type of product on their car for an extended period of time? Does it do anything to the paint/finish over time?

I am a bit cautions because it does not make too much since to me that you would wipe/rub dirt off your car, and it not create swirls or scuffs, although I am a novice.

Please enlighten!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Hawk Lax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 AW Coupe

Never heard of that product but there are other no rinse wash formulas that work like ONR optimum no rinse.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
Darth335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Lax View Post
Never heard of that product but there are other no rinse wash formulas that work like ONR optimum no rinse.
Do you have any experience with that product, both short and long term? When you say that it works, would you say just as good as a conventional wash?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I just started using ONR myself. Works surprisingly well. Haven't tried it on a heavily soiled car, but works nicely on mild to moderate dirt. Tons to read about it on the detailing forums. Here's a good place to start.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ve-thread.html

Sounds like the product you're looking at is similar in nature and composition. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

I just went over to his place and got to try everything out...the caddy, the process, the poly's...

its more of a gel type formula compared to ONR. its more concentrated to where you use a 1oz to 3 gallons of water (1/3 oz polys: 1 gal water), mix it up in a spray bottle and have at washing the car. It works like a QD on steroids.

I used the caddy briefly and its just like a pump sprayer, but electric and is on demand. pretty sweet little setup!

I sprayed it on the panel and wiped it with a clean MF towel. I really didnt notice any different effects on the paint compared to ONR. The finish was glossy, but maybe a bit darker. there was nearly zero water on the ground in the end.

After a few washes with it, I will be doing a review on poly's myself.

as for the detail caddy, get it!

I have been using ONR for a long time....about 10 gallons so far (thats a lot of cars). I cant say I will switch over, but if the poly's and the caddy get me done faster, I will be using it in the future with a different business venture other than the current one

Last edited by Envious Eric; 01-18-2011 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
DetailingInc
Registered
Rep
Drives: silverado

Thumbs up POLY'S Clear-Tech Detailing Fluid

Hey Guys, my name is Jason from Detailing, Inc. out of New York and Florida, and I just wanted to add to the thread what my experiences with he Poly's product has been along my endeavors in detailing auto-aircraft and marine applications.....
I have tested time and time again the product and have not found a better multi-use/multi-task product such as this. I have posted a video on you-tube called DETAILING, INC. and POLYS which you can see an amateur demo in which I test it on a salted up truck that had just endured the blizzard of 2010 a trip from NY to FL and it performed phenomenal...The salt was no challenge for the Poly's and it worked well on the windows, vinyl, interiors, aluminum and more....I would highly recommend giving this product a try and while your at it merge the combination of Polys and Innovative Detailing's own "Detailing Caddy" to create an Unrivaled System of Eco-Friendly, Eco-Nomical and E-Volutionary product lines that are available to us today......Looking forward to some good feedback when you guys try it out......Jason-DETAILING, INC.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
Darth335
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the info. It sounds like this is a good product, that prob will not hurt or scratch up the paint. So I suppose that everyone would use this over a conventional wash? I am still wondering why then people would wash their car conventionally, and not invest in a setup like this?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailingInc View Post

Hey Guys, my name is Jason from Detailing, Inc. out of New York and Florida, and I just wanted to add to the thread what my experiences with he Poly's product has been along my endeavors in detailing auto-aircraft and marine applications.....
I have tested time and time again the product and have not found a better multi-use/multi-task product such as this. I have posted a video on you-tube called DETAILING, INC. and POLYS which you can see an amateur demo in which I test it on a salted up truck that had just endured the blizzard of 2010 a trip from NY to FL and it performed phenomenal...The salt was no challenge for the Poly's and it worked well on the windows, vinyl, interiors, aluminum and more....I would highly recommend giving this product a try and while your at it merge the combination of Polys and Innovative Detailing's own "Detailing Caddy" to create an Unrivaled System of Eco-Friendly, Eco-Nomical and E-Volutionary product lines that are available to us today......Looking forward to some good feedback when you guys try it out......Jason-DETAILING, INC.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
detailingsuccess
Plane Crazy & Car Nuts!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 740i

Hey all,

Just over a year ago, a friend sent me Poly's to try and with me not being very big on waterless washing (but have been forced to do waterless on aircraft for 20 years) I was reluctant to try it.

Needless to say I did try the Poly's and within a few weeks of challenging the product in a host of ways, the product became a daily part of my efforts within my luxury based services. Since then I have added this product and the Caddy to my menu as this "Detailing Fluid" has more then just one simple use.

I am from So Cal but work worldwide on some pretty amazing vehicles that are owned by some pretty amazing people and I am not only hooked on the system, I have many of my fellow high end detailers addicted and many of my clients hooked also...for those open minded to a new line of thinking within products, the stuff is like crack!

Not everyone will like it...preference plays a huge part in every product selection that we perfectionist go with but I can tell you it's a very real system and I applaud the founder of Poly's Greg and the builder of the Detailing Caddy Dave for thinking out of the box...it's items like this that keep my client's coming back and my abilities at there best!

If anyone needs some input on how to use the system...drop me a note and I would be happy to share with you how and what I am doing with it...pretty amazing stuff!

Cheers,

Renny
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
GotPolysCTS
Registered
Rep
Drives: Chester

POLY'S CTS 16 oz concentrate = 30 Quarts DETAILER SPRAY!

Hi everyone! My name is Nathan, from Texas Shine Auto Detailing out of Austin, TX. I truly love seeing that we are starting to catch on! Poly's is a very versatile detailing fluid concentrate, with enough uses to span more than just the auto industry, more on that later...

To clear up a minor RATIO ERROR for DETAIL SPRAY WASH, the proper dilution for Poly's product with bottle code 072510 (date) or newer:

1 cap of Poly's = 1/3 ounce

For Wash Bucket Solution, 1 cap per gallon of wash water (this is the dilution mentioned in a previous thread)

For Detail Spray Solution, 1 cap per QUART of PURE water (this is the proper DRYWASH dilution)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
I just went over to his place and got to try everything out...the caddy, the process, the poly's...

its more of a gel type formula compared to ONR. its more concentrated to where you use a 1oz to 3 gallons of water (1/3 oz polys: 1 gal water), mix it up in a spray bottle and have at washing the car. It works like a QD on steroids.
Beyond that, I have been using Poly's for 3 years with absolutely incredible results. From power washer tank additive to final touch detailer and EVERYTHING in between. In extended tests of the feasibility of 100% waterless carwashing for a 1 year period, the only time I used conventional methods was more to remove heavy caked on mud or when the rims and wells need a thorough blasting (which is more often than not in Texas).

A benefit of weekly use of Poly's is nearly eliminating the Clay Bar step. As performed on a weekly basis, after 52 weeks, the clear coat is as smooth as the day we initially polished and protected it. Also, wich each successive use, you are layering the Micro-Gel Polymers which are unique to Poly's CTS. This is unlike quick wax or instant detail shines, because Poly's is actually delivering cleaning and protecting power at the polymer lever, without yellowing, having, or any buildup typically associated with waxes or silicone detailers.

Note: REALIZE THAT MANY NOVICE LUXURY VEHICLE OWNERS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA THE DAMAGE WHICH OCCURS TO A CLEAR COAT FROM TYPICALLY THOUGHT "SAFE METHODS" OF WASHING. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO FULL SERVICE, DRIVE THRU W/ OR W/O MITTERS, SELF SERVE WITH 'THE BRUSH', FLY BY NIGHT DETAILERS, AND UNFORTUNATELY EVEN SOME 'PROFESSIONAL' DETAILERS. Poly's gives you peace of mind that you are using the least invasive method of cleaning to remove such a small amount of soiling. Car washes can be overkill! POLY INSTEAD! Save TIME and $$.

As Poly's has ever so slyly worked itself into the main product I use and recommend, every client, friend, or family member has only had the most positive reaction to the ease of use, result, time used, and overall versatility.

Thanks for reading through the post. Poly's will be the professional's preferred replacement for ONR, Freedom, and Croftgate products. It is time to catch a new wave of cleaning 'fluid.' If anybody at all is even the slightest bit curious of what Poly's is all about, leave a reply stating that, and I will personally get in touch with you, send you a sample, and make sure you are receiving full benefit of the most concentrated detailing fluid fresh to the market.

Thank you !
Nathan Alhades
Texas Shine Auto Detailing www.texasshine.com
Got Poly's Wash Solution www.gotpolys.com
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #10
Eliminator XP
Specializing in Fine Automobiles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3, 10 Jetta, 10 Mazda 3

This system and technique performs awesome, it is very reliable and the results are incredible!

This is not the answer for everyone, but in certain situations where waste water restrictions apply this unit is "Legit"

1) County and City Ordinances...
2) Zero tolerance for detailiers who discharge waste water on private property.
3) Lack of water supply exists, apartment and condo owners especially.

I have found that by using this system it offers results better than that of conventional washing or prep, leaving them more brilliant and cleaner than soap and water. No water is wasted, no mats or vacuboom required to contain your waste water either. In the professional world, this has opened many doors for me as a welcoming mat into certain situations where other mobile detailers are not allowed on the commercial property....

Definitely not recommended for the extremely muddy or severly soiled vehicle, but ideal for maintaining vehicles on a regular basis.

Last edited by Eliminator XP; 01-21-2011 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Great info, but getting somewhat commercial here...

Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotPolysCTS View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Nathan, from Texas Shine Auto Detailing out of Austin, TX. I truly love seeing that we are starting to catch on! Poly's is a very versatile detailing fluid concentrate, with enough uses to span more than just the auto industry, more on that later...

To clear up a minor RATIO ERROR for DETAIL SPRAY WASH, the proper dilution for Poly's product with bottle code 072510 (date) or newer:

1 cap of Poly's = 1/3 ounce

For Wash Bucket Solution, 1 cap per gallon of wash water (this is the dilution mentioned in a previous thread)

For Detail Spray Solution, 1 cap per QUART of PURE water (this is the proper DRYWASH dilution)

Beyond that, I have been using Poly's for 3 years with absolutely incredible results. From power washer tank additive to final touch detailer and EVERYTHING in between. In extended tests of the feasibility of 100% waterless carwashing for a 1 year period, the only time I used conventional methods was more to remove heavy caked on mud or when the rims and wells need a thorough blasting (which is more often than not in Texas).

A benefit of weekly use of Poly's is nearly eliminating the Clay Bar step. As performed on a weekly basis, after 52 weeks, the clear coat is as smooth as the day we initially polished and protected it. Also, wich each successive use, you are layering the Micro-Gel Polymers which are unique to Poly's CTS. This is unlike quick wax or instant detail shines, because Poly's is actually delivering cleaning and protecting power at the polymer lever, without yellowing, having, or any buildup typically associated with waxes or silicone detailers.

Note: REALIZE THAT MANY NOVICE LUXURY VEHICLE OWNERS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA THE DAMAGE WHICH OCCURS TO A CLEAR COAT FROM TYPICALLY THOUGHT "SAFE METHODS" OF WASHING. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO FULL SERVICE, DRIVE THRU W/ OR W/O MITTERS, SELF SERVE WITH 'THE BRUSH', FLY BY NIGHT DETAILERS, AND UNFORTUNATELY EVEN SOME 'PROFESSIONAL' DETAILERS. Poly's gives you peace of mind that you are using the least invasive method of cleaning to remove such a small amount of soiling. Car washes can be overkill! POLY INSTEAD! Save TIME and $$.

As Poly's has ever so slyly worked itself into the main product I use and recommend, every client, friend, or family member has only had the most positive reaction to the ease of use, result, time used, and overall versatility.

Thanks for reading through the post. Poly's will be the professional's preferred replacement for ONR, Freedom, and Croftgate products. It is time to catch a new wave of cleaning 'fluid.' If anybody at all is even the slightest bit curious of what Poly's is all about, leave a reply stating that, and I will personally get in touch with you, send you a sample, and make sure you are receiving full benefit of the most concentrated detailing fluid fresh to the market.

Thank you !
Nathan Alhades
Texas Shine Auto Detailing www.texasshine.com
Got Poly's Wash Solution www.gotpolys.com
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #12
J BONE
The Boss
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 F15 X6

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
Great info, but getting somewhat commercial here...

Mods?
This.
2011 E92 M3- Retired
2011 E90 335- Retired
2008 E92 335- Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #13
J BONE
The Boss
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 F15 X6

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [9.00]
ONR FTW! Been using it weekly for over four years. Not to say that there are not other products out there that can work but ONR has done me well. I will be sticking with it
2011 E92 M3- Retired
2011 E90 335- Retired
2008 E92 335- Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #14
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^ I have used ONR in the past as well. It was very easy to use and was actually a super fast way to wash your car! I used it when i lived in a complex that wouldn't let you wash your car (wierd i know) and i am super anal and would ONR my car every three days never had any issues with swirls or scratches. Highly recommend it.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 12:29 AM   #15
Darth335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
^^ I have used ONR in the past as well. It was very easy to use and was actually a super fast way to wash your car! I used it when i lived in a complex that wouldn't let you wash your car (wierd i know) and i am super anal and would ONR my car every three days never had any issues with swirls or scratches. Highly recommend it.
Thanks Golffrr -

That is what I am looking for, some end user long term experience. I did not mean for this thread to become a commercial post or anything, just courious if this product worked long term and did not damage the paint. Sounds like everyone who uses it has good feedback from it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #16
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

yea no problem I used it on let me see.. at the time I believe I had the same black 335 as you have, you can see it in my profile. (mine was jet black) I had great results with the product. The only reason i even started to use it was bc like i said we were not allowed to wash our cars in the complex so i had to find something. This product rocked. highly recommend it.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0