BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

EXXEL Distributions

08-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Best detailers?

Hi guys,

Want to take the swirls out of my car and give it a good detail + wax. Who are the go-to guys in Melb? I live inner Eastern, and the only name I have is Final Inspection.

Anyone I should be looking at? I want to get it schmicked up before my Gintani exhaust arrives in the next couple of weeks.
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Hi guys,

Want to take the swirls out of my car and give it a good detail + wax. Who are the go-to guys in Melb? I live inner Eastern, and the only name I have is Final Inspection.

Anyone I should be looking at? I want to get it schmicked up before my Gintani exhaust arrives in the next couple of weeks.
Just take it to Damian @ FI.

I might come down to Melbourne from time to time, but not in the next 2 weeks...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Hi guys,

One of Brisbane's best Detailiers (Dulvari Prestige) is coming to track day tomorrow as a photographer,Ill ask him if he has contacts in Melbourne and get baclk to you
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
Tomislav
Panty Schtuffer
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW X6M  [0.00]
1997 BMW 323i  [0.00]
1994 BMW M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

I might come down to Melbourne from time to time, but not in the next 2 weeks...
I have at least 5 cars guarantee'd for you to do.
.: 1994 E36 M3 3.0 - 19" BBS LM Reps, Bilsteins :.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Quote:

Ok, how about 4? Seriously you would have at least another 2 cars from me.
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
ole85
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/ Ferrari360

another 1 here
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
TWD
Australia
Rep

Sounds good!

Unfortunately I have a 360 CS for the Ferrari Concourse in September and a few other cars that been booked for months in advance. Sydney is pretty busy as it is!

Maybe I should set up a trip end of the year? PM me if interested (if you can wait that long!!)

In the mean time, check out:

Damian @ Final Inspection
Mario @ EuroGloss Prestige
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
One of Brisbane's best Detailiers (Dulvari Prestige) is coming to track day tomorrow as a photographer,Ill ask him if he has contacts in Melbourne and get baclk to you
Thanks buddy. Hope you're tearing it up!

Quote:
Sounds good!

Unfortunately I have a 360 CS for the Ferrari Concourse in September and a few other cars that been booked for months in advance. Sydney is pretty busy as it is!

Maybe I should set up a trip end of the year? PM me if interested (if you can wait that long!!)

In the mean time, check out:

Damian @ Final Inspection
Mario @ EuroGloss Prestige
Thanks mate wil check em out.
Is it a good idea to go through a full detail for a car that is so young? I've heard too much polishing is bad as it will remove percentages of clear coat etc. Pardon my ignorance.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
M308
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

I've personally had a bit of work done by Mario on mine, and his results are nothing short of amazing

http://www.euroglossprestige.com.au/

Tell him Scott in Adelaide recommended him
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
rayz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 323

Worth checking out Mitch at immaculate reflections too.

Both Mario and Mitch are experienced in applying opticoat, which is a ceramic clear coat sealent.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Thanks guys i'll give them both a buzz.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #12
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Car booked in with Mario for next week. I'll post up the resultant photos
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #13
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Car booked in with Mario for next week. I'll post up the resultant photos
Look forward to seeing the pics
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Look forward to seeing the pics
Although Dave knowing me, don't hold your breathe haha
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mate wil check em out.
Is it a good idea to go through a full detail for a car that is so young? I've heard too much polishing is bad as it will remove percentages of clear coat etc. Pardon my ignorance.
Sorry for the late response, didn't see your reply until now.

See what Mario recommends and go from there. He has enough experience to tell you what needs to be done. I've seen new cars that look worst than 10 year old cars. Every car is a different case, but a quick polish is perfect to clean and correct the paintwork before applying a sealant/wax.

On another note....I'm coming down to Melbourne this weekend, but for holidays!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #16
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Sorry for the late response, didn't see your reply until now.

See what Mario recommends and go from there. He has enough experience to tell you what needs to be done. I've seen new cars that look worst than 10 year old cars. Every car is a different case, but a quick polish is perfect to clean and correct the paintwork before applying a sealant/wax.

On another note....I'm coming down to Melbourne this weekend, but for holidays!
Thanks buddy. Mario is at my house now actually doing Day 1 of 2. Can't wait to see end result and certainly a great xmas present from myself. He went with an XO coat in the end (Out of Opticoat any one other) - I just left it to him he has more experience than I can on the call.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #17
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Mario is at my house now actually doing Day 1 of 2. Can't wait to see end result and certainly a great xmas present from myself. He went with an XO coat in the end (Out of Opticoat any one other) - I just left it to him he has more experience than I can on the call.
Looking forward to seeing it
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep

Well as usual by the time I get around to taking decent shots it rains. Well what can I say but the coat Mario applied ( I forgot the name) beaded the rain straight off and my car is virtually as if just washed again.

I also bought a Concours PA Foam Lance to go on my Karcher and some of the blizzard snow to give a wash on Sunday. Tapping dry with microfibre means little to no contact with paint.

See attacehd quick iPhone pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0