BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

12-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #45
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Wait, you were forced to drive something for FREE that was not a BMW? The horror.....

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #46
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Wait, you were forced to drive something for FREE that was not a BMW? The horror.....

Cheers,
e46e92
Driving a pickup truck was beneath both his wife and daughter apparently.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #47
shksman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 3.5i,2008 e92 M3

I see what people saying~
well since I have pick up truck, I am going to pick up some Christmas tree and some 4x4 wood for my garage
my wife took my m3 to store hope she doesn't go crazy it haha
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #48
blackfunk
Rep
Drives: Space Gray

To the OP, I hope that these guys are just busting your chops, because if not I'd seriously questions their sincerity. The point in buying a lUXURY vehicle is that in the event that something does go wrong the experience is EXPECTED to be different. If not then go buy a Honda or Toyota.
It is one of the most important parts of owning a luxury car, the service that follows AFTER purchase. I won’t belabor the point here but if my new car breaks down then I EXPECT a SIMILAR REPLACEMENT to the one that I purchased. No excuses. However, I will say this in defense of the dealership, if your wife did not complain and you have not given them an opportunity to rectify the situation then that is your fault, but if you have voiced your displeasure at the having to use the pickup they should attempt to make amends. Don’t believe me ask a Lexus or Infiniti dealership, I have no experiences with MB but Audi is known for their crappy service/loaner policies as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #49
cmk227
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goal: Another ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shksman View Post
I see what people saying~
well since I have pick up truck, I am going to pick up some Christmas tree and some 4x4 wood for my garage
my wife took my m3 to store hope she doesn't go crazy it haha

I do miss having a pickup around. Did they tell you what wrong with the X5?

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #50
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Most dealerships if not all require a advance notice when a loaner car is required. That my friends is a given. So don't expect a car to be ready for you to drive away (if you need one for the period that your car is being attended to).

No dealership is required to have a bunch of cars standing by for people that do not have the curtesy of providing the dealer with advance notice that a car will be needed for the period the car is being serviced. What would be so difficult to make a simple request "I will need a car for the period you are serving my car" at the time you book an appointment?

If this is done at least you have the option to rent a car if you really need one. I've done this many times when I had only one private car and one company car. 90% of the time the dealer provided a car for my wife since my car was needed for company business.

I think the OP was treated fair under the circumstances. I don't really see the point for this thread and to call it "very disappointed with BMW service...." is not really appropriate in this case.

An example of "very disappointed with BMW service...." would be ...

You are on a vacation trip far away from home in your brand new BMW Z4 having about 1800 KM on the odometer (1,118 miles). You have a flat. You investigate the flat and find out that it is due to a crack in your wheel. You pull into a tire shop. The people there treat you with respect and tell you why you have a flat. You need a new wheel, the tire shop Manager tells you there is a BMW dealer in this little town. Your hopes go up and you drive to the BMW dealer and are treated as follows ...

1) You are told that being from Canada your warranty is no good in the USA.
2) You only have two options a) Get towed to the nearest Canadian dealership (in my case this was 1000 KM north) or b) Order a new wheel pay for it and resolve warranty issues when you are back home.

As was proved to me later was that both points 1 & 2 above are not correct. Warranty for our cars is the same all over North America.

Anyway, I believed what I was told ordered a new wheel paid close to $700.00 for it after paying for it I was told ....

3) Sorry we don't change wheels or tires at our dealership we use a tire shop for this.
4) Of to the tire shop I was directed, there 2 men went to work on my wheel with the crack using 2 tire irons and bending the wheel in the process. I know this since once back home I found deep tire iron markings on the outside rim of my wheel.
5) While I was at the tire shop I ask for all my wheels to be checked (something the BMW dealership should have done). They found my other rear wheel also had cracks. The cracks were only hairline cracks so since the tire pressure was still okay I decided to drive back to Canada (some 3000 KM east) very carefully.

End of story ... Once back home the wheel with 2 hairline cracks was changed under warranty without question. The wheel with the open crack resulting in the original flat that was mishandled by a BMW sub contractor (tire shop) was declared BEND.

A long back and forth with Both US and CD BMW Customer Relations followed ... the miss-handling of my wheel at the tire shop was totally ignored.

Bottom line ... I ended up with a $700.00 garden hose retainer in my garage ===>CLICK to see a picture of the wheel

This is what I call being disappointed with BMW Service

The one good thing about all of this is I said bye bye to the Z4 and got back int a nice reliable M3 without RFT and inferior wheels (more Z4 drivers btw ended up with cracked wheels of the Style 296 Wheel that I had on my Z4 35i).

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 12-13-2011 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: made minor addition
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #51
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

1...... But you do realize that BMW USA is different from BMW Canada, so it's no surprise they would charge you, i don't they couldn't submit the claim if they wanted to. But I'm not 100% sure.

Cheers,
e46e92

[QUOTE=Rolf-Dieter;10970644]Most dealerships if not all require a advance notice when a loaner car is required. That my friends is a given. So don't expect a car to be ready for you to drive away (if you need one for the period that your car is being attended to).

No dealership is required to have a bunch of cars standing by for people that do not have the curtesy of providing the dealer with advance notice that a car will be needed for the period the car is being serviced. What would be so difficult to make a simple request "I will need a car for the period you are serving my car" at the time you book an appointment?

If this is done at least you have the option to rent a car if you really need one. I've done this many times when I had only one private car and one company car. 90% of the time the dealer provided a car for my wife since my car was needed for company business.

I think the OP was treated fair under the circumstances. I don't really see the point for this thread and to call it "very disappointed with BMW service...." is not really appropriate in this case.

An example of "very disappointed with BMW service...." would be ...

You are on a vacation trip far away from home in your brand new BMW Z4 having about 1800 KM on the odometer (1,118 miles). You have a flat. You investigate the flat and find out that it is due to a crack in your wheel. You pull into a tire shop. The people there treat you with respect and tell you why you have a flat. You need a new wheel, the tire shop Manager tells you there is a BMW dealer in this little town. Your hopes go up and you drive to the BMW dealer and are treated as follows ...

1) You are told that being from Canada your warranty is no good in the USA.
2) You only have two options a) Get towed to the nearest Canadian dealership (in my case this was 1000 KM north) or b) Order a new wheel pay for it and resolve warranty issues when you are back home.

As was proved to me later was that both points 1

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #52
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
1...... But you do realize that BMW USA is different from BMW Canada, so it's no surprise they would charge you, i don't they couldn't submit the claim if they wanted to. But I'm not 100% sure.

Cheers,
e46e92
Please don't take this the wrong way, however, it's not about money, it's about service and how BMW in the US lied to me also how the entire situation was handled. Perhaps you did not read my post.

The only difference between BMW in the US and Canada is the location. Every BMW dealership must address warranty issues no matter where in the world you drive your BMW.

I truly hope that no American is treated like I was in treated in the USA.

Also note that I sited my experience in comparison to the OP to point out what the meaning of "disappointment" really amounts to.

I certainly hope that you never come across incompetence in way of people at BMW like I did when I visited your wonderful; country!

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #53
FVM3
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

what does it have to do with m3?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #54
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
what does it have to do with m3?
nothing to do with M3 ... the OP posted about being ....

"Very disappointed with BMW Service"

I simply replied to the "service and disappointment" side of it.

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #55
Krozi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White

Hahahaha get a hold of yourself

2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White//Fox Red//6MT//
Florida Bimmer - Join us on FaceBook!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #56
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3

I hope you don't go complaining to actual people (in real life) that the BMW dealer gave you a "shitty pickup truck loaner". Unfortunately, you probably did, very loud on your cell phone - most likely in a public place. I bet you started doing exactly that in the waiting area, while they were bringing your pickup around. You must be really high maintenance folks if having to drive around in a pickup truck causes you such distress. I don't mean to come across as rude or hostile, but I mean come on...seriously????

In general, I have observed that the higher volume dealers suck when it comes to customer service. I am lucky that I was able to purchase my car with a small town dealer who is closeby enough that I can justify going out of town for servicing. It's the town that I grew up in and my parents still live there. Whenever the car is due for service, they pick it up from my parents house, leave a loaner, and then bring it back when it is done - they usually have no problem with me coming the following day (if it gets too late) to pick up my car and return their loaner. I am a little nervous about taking it to the high volume dealer here in Orlando (Fields) should anything go wrong, since customer service seems to be pretty much non-existent there. However, the service manager at my dealership told me that *technically* service centers are supposed to provide a loaner (regardless of whether you purchased the car through them or not) if the car was brought in for warranty work.

It's unfortunate that your BMW experience has been unpleasant. Is there more than one dealer in your area - perhaps customer service is lacking at that particular location? If you really feel wronged, let them know, and if they don't make it right, contact BMWNA about your disappointment with service standards and consistency across the brand.

If I got a pickup as my loaner, I'd soothe my disappointment with not getting a 328i loaner by going for some off-roading and dirty driving in the mud!

2012 M3 E92 SS-II
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #57
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, however, it's not about money, it's about service and how BMW in the US lied to me also how the entire situation was handled. Perhaps you did not read my post.

The only difference between BMW in the US and Canada is the location. Every BMW dealership must address warranty issues no matter where in the world you drive your BMW.

I truly hope that no American is treated like I was in treated in the USA.

Also note that I sited my experience in comparison to the OP to point out what the meaning of "disappointment" really amounts to.

I certainly hope that you never come across incompetence in way of people at BMW like I did when I visited your wonderful; country!
The problem is your Canadian..........j/k.......

I hear ya, I re-read your post and I was just trying to point out that BMW is fractured from one country to the next, they are like separate entities. That, and I'm realizing most dealers suck. Its a fact I used to argue against, but have lost. BMW service as a whole seems to suck at many dealers. Makes me appreciate my dealer that much more.

Cheers,
e46e92

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #58
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Freeeek! View Post
I hope you don't go complaining to actual people (in real life) that the BMW dealer gave you a "shitty pickup truck loaner". Unfortunately, you probably did, very loud on your cell phone - most likely in a public place. I bet you started doing exactly that in the waiting area, while they were bringing your pickup around. You must be really high maintenance folks if having to drive around in a pickup truck causes you such distress. I don't mean to come across as rude or hostile, but I mean come on...seriously????

In general, I have observed that the higher volume dealers suck when it comes to customer service. I am lucky that I was able to purchase my car with a small town dealer who is closeby enough that I can justify going out of town for servicing. It's the town that I grew up in and my parents still live there. Whenever the car is due for service, they pick it up from my parents house, leave a loaner, and then bring it back when it is done - they usually have no problem with me coming the following day (if it gets too late) to pick up my car and return their loaner. I am a little nervous about taking it to the high volume dealer here in Orlando (Fields) should anything go wrong, since customer service seems to be pretty much non-existent there. However, the service manager at my dealership told me that *technically* service centers are supposed to provide a loaner (regardless of whether you purchased the car through them or not) if the car was brought in for warranty work.

It's unfortunate that your BMW experience has been unpleasant. Is there more than one dealer in your area - perhaps customer service is lacking at that particular location? If you really feel wronged, let them know, and if they don't make it right, contact BMWNA about your disappointment with service standards and consistency across the brand.

If I got a pickup as my loaner, I'd soothe my disappointment with not getting a 328i loaner by going for some off-roading and dirty driving in the mud!
I NEVER let them drive my car!!! Although I have always got amazing service from my dealership.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #59
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

It just seems that everyone wants to bitch about something these days, and it has nothing to directly do with there vehicles. Loads of cases poping up lol.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #60
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Dealers are privately owned and there is absolutely NO obligation to provide a loaner to anyone actually. Often they do not provide if you did not buy from them, unless you are from out of state and obviously had no choice to buy from them etc. A lot of them do anyway, but do not think this is some obligation by them. Its still a courtesy
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #61
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

I got a pickup truck one time as a loaner. It was a real piece of shit and driving it made me sad. Its tires also yelled at me whenever I tried to make them go around corners.

Personally, because my appointment was setup far in advance, I thought it sucked. Should have received one of their loaner fleet, or at least a decent rental - a camry would do.

Now if I have an emergency, I don't really expect to get a loaner on short notice.

Huge variance dealer to dealer as far as loaner fleet, etc. goes.
Appreciate 0