BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #23
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3 edition AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vise View Post
Not surprised to be honest, I've heard almost overwhelmingly negative reviews of T&C. Based on what I've read/heard over the years I'd never give them my business.

My suggestion is Parkview! Nothing but great service there the past 5+ years and it's not that far from Richmond Hill. I actually live 1min from BMW Toronto and still prefer Parkview... its not far out of the way on my route to work so it's become habit. Def recommended although as usual I'm sure they treat you best wherever you bought the car from.
Parkview is definitely closer than BMW Toronto for me, so I'll check out them for sure. Thanks for chipping in.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #24
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
I've had my car serviced at Autohaus, Parkview, Toronto, Budds, Maranello, and Endras.

By far the best service so far has been at Endras. They really seem to care about my business, and their technicians seem to know their stuff. The service manager is also very accommodating and nice.

Second best service is at Budds in Oakville. Service people as not as accomodating, but the service has always been done correctly by them.

Third is BMW Toronto / Parkview.. they are owned by the same people. However the service manager at Parkview is a dick so I don't go there anymore just because of him. George was the previous manager and was great, but he went to their MINI dealership.

Maranello was OK to me and fixed some issues on my previous BMW which other dealers made excuses about.

Autohaus, STAY AWAY... bad experiences there. I've never been to T&C but heard bad things, therefore never even tried them.

Give Endras a try, only about 20 minute drive on the 401 if there is no traffic. I usually wait for my service, they are quick if they know you are waiting. One time they gave me a 325 as a loaner too for free, some other dealerships are now charging for loaners I think...
Very good to know... Thanks for the synopsis!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #25
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
I would contact the regional service manager and tell him/her how you were treated.

I personally find all the dealers in the GTA somewhat poor and completely hit and miss on the day you have your car in for service.
Other than Endras, which I've heard nothing negative yet, all the other dealers seem to fall neatly into this ridiculous phenomenon.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #26
s1000daddy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e90 silverstone grey

Endras in Ajax is the place to go...they are passionate gearheads and actually LOVE the product they sell... great service dept. great sales dept. nuf daid
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
nitro
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

i live in markham and always make the drive out to ajax to get the m3 serviced at endras. it's not convenient, but it's my baby.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #28
cornutodeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: The Deux

I do not own a BMW, I have an Audi as a DD and soon to be replaced, but after reading some of these posts, I thought I was on the Corvette Forum. If the wheel isn't broken don't fix it.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #29
ALM3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 gone, 2021 M4, 2021 X2

Just to add my 2 cents. Endras BMW are OUTSTANDING! Never an issue and everyone at the dealership will genuinely help you. As they say..... "it's worth the drive to Acton".. in this case Ajax.
      09-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #30
CrunchTime
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi e90 / 535xi F10

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...80#post9223580

Be careful and ask for "no wash" especially when servicing at Endras.
And hopefully they don't put those orange numbered cones on the roof of your M3s. Mine is just a 335xi. Those things make deep scratches which are not fully removable by polishing. The service itself was fine though.

Retired: 535i xDrive (F10) | 335i xDrive (E90) | X5 4.4i (E53) Sport Type87 20" | 540i (E39) ACS Type III's |M3 (E36) Dakar yellow Hamann PG1 | 325is (E36) ACS kit & Type II's
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #31
kristobias
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Not surprised with your experience unfortunately. They should do a better job of servicing those who are enthusiastic about the brand, but they don't.
      09-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #32
iksenna
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 SINGAPORE GREY

Quote:
Originally Posted by col.faith View Post
Parkview is definitely closer than BMW Toronto for me, so I'll check out them for sure. Thanks for chipping in.

I actually prefer BMW Toronto. I think it was previously owned by BMW corporate. I got a couple of issues fixed at BMW Toronto that I was told could not be fixed at Pview. I think their technical knowledge seems to be superior to Pview.....$0.02
Based on some of the other comments, I'm definitely going to give Endras a look.
      09-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #33
Simma
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Just out of curiosity ... kind of off topic but why do people avoid getting their cars washed at the dealership when their car is in for service?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #34
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simma View Post
Just out of curiosity ... kind of off topic but why do people avoid getting their cars washed at the dealership when their car is in for service?
I take my car for service at Maranello, they've been really good to me so far (always get a BMW loaner, no issues getting oil topped up), but I guess that's because I bought my car from them. I'm probably also known as the crazy dude who insists on having his car serviced by the window where I can watch the car like a hawk.

I ask them not to wash my car because they have a car wash system with rails which could scratch my wheels and it's touch/cloth, so it causes swirls like mad.

Last edited by sawzall; 09-29-2011 at 10:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #35
MisterM3
not so newbie
Rep
Drives: VTEC to V6 to V8

same thing just happened to me at Autohaus. Went for a oil change yesterday. when i got home i noticed a 4" gash on my rear bumper. i went back in today, but their service is closed till monday. i hope they have cameras to see what happened casue i aint paying for this crap. facking bs!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #36
MisterM3
not so newbie
Rep
Drives: VTEC to V6 to V8

an update on my situation. they are gonna fix it no questionsa asked. they also gave me a 323 as a loner. not quite like the M, but it will do for now.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #37
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM3 View Post
an update on my situation. they are gonna fix it no questionsa asked. they also gave me a 323 as a loner. not quite like the M, but it will do for now.
That's what you call adequate client service. I didn't even drive my car home, and T&C still insist that they didn't do it
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #38
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
There is no reason to not have them was the car, unless someone drives your car to a car wash. Then I would request not to have it done. At the BMW dealership where I get my car serviced they hand wash the car in the same way I do so it's okay.

Bottom line ... check how they wash the cars at your point of service then make the call

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 10-06-2011 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: changed was to wash ... light touch on the "h" :)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #39
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
There is no reason to not have them was the car, unless someone drives your car to a car wash. Then I would request not to have it done. At the BMW dealership where I get my car serviced they hand wash the car in the same way I do so it's okay.

Bottom line ... check how they was the cars at your point of service then make the call
Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

Some dealerships have a car wash (not hand wash). So best to ask and unless you have a drive thru at home. This is a personal preference. There is no chance they will wash my car the same as I do at home. Cant be done in 5-10 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #40
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

Some dealerships have a car wash (not hand wash). So best to ask and unless you have a drive thru at home. This is a personal preference. There is no chance they will wash my car the same as I do at home. Cant be done in 5-10 minutes.
I don't really know what you are trying to tell me I know the part about self washing and I do agree with you there ... why not let the dealer hand wash your car if that is what they do? A hand wash is better then no wash or? I never ever had a bad hand wash at my dealership in the past 4 years here.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #41
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I don't really know what you are trying to tell me I know the part about self washing and I do agree with you there ... why not let the dealer hand wash your car if that is what they do? A hand wash is better then no wash or? I never ever had a bad hand wash at my dealership in the past 4 years here.
I will spell it out for you.

A lot of dealerships DO NOT hand wash your car - they have a rail system.
Even ones that do hand wash your car do not change the water in the buckets all that often. (READ: the source of swirl marks on your car).
They clean quite a number of cars in a day and are not going to pay attention to detail.

Like I said - its a personal choice. Next time I will dumb it down for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #42
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Quote:
My dealer gives you a flyer when you bring the car in. They have options for No wash, free wash, and then pay washes of various costs. Makes it easy.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #43
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
I will spell it out for you.

A lot of dealerships DO NOT hand wash your car - they have a rail system.
Even ones that do hand wash your car do not change the water in the buckets all that often. (READ: the source of swirl marks on your car).
They clean quite a number of cars in a day and are not going to pay attention to detail.

Like I said - its a personal choice. Next time I will dumb it down for you.
+1, it's like that at a lot of the dealers I've been to, regardless of the make.
Not only is the water dirty, but the cloths are reused multiple times. There's so much crap(i.e. sand) caught in those cloth, they leave very fine scratches.

My theory is, the less they do, the less there's a chance for damage.
      10-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #44
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
+1, it's like that at a lot of the dealers I've been to, regardless of the make.
Not only is the water dirty, but the cloths are reused multiple times. There's so much crap(i.e. sand) caught in those cloth, they leave very fine scratches.

My theory is, the less they do, the less there's a chance for damage.
+2

They always do a halfassed job of cleaning wheels & exhaust tips that the car looks worse than when it was dirty when it went in.They sure do not touch our cars when they are in for service.How could they clean the cars properly when they was wash all the cars that are in for service?
Appreciate 0