BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

BPM

05-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #221
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

rank1 diamond atm.. 3 of my losses on TvT. just started playing T about <1week ago so i'm still learning the matchup. lost to 1 zerg which was my mistake and 1 protoss (that is rank 1 and a top foreign player.. his record is about 48-8, losing only to huk and other top players). unfortunately i don't have top level practice partners so i have to learn as i ladder

doesn't really say much with b.net in its current state of shit. constant freezing and lack of real players
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #222
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Congratz on the Diamond Rank 1 Chengy. Btw how can we add each other since the new friend system is with email?

And what the heck is going on with the lag. I've never lagged out of a game, EVER. Now post-patch and every game I'm in I lag out asap. The hell.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #223
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Congratulations on #1! I haven't been able to play a single game since Patch #13.

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 13 (version 0.15.0.15449)

General
•Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.
•Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.
•3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.
•Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:
•Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.
•Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.
•No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.
•Matchmaking system logic updated.
•UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.
•Numerous performance and stability improvements.

Balance Changes
PROTOSS
Sentry
•Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.
Void Ray
•Range decreased from 7 to 6.
Warp Gate
•Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.

TERRAN
Marine
•Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
•Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

ZERG
Infestor
•Infested Terran spell removed.
•Frenzy spell added:
•Costs 25 energy.
•Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.
Overseer
•Contaminate spell added:
•Costs 75 energy.
•Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.
•Infested Terran spell added:
•Costs 125 energy.
•Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.
Ultralisk
•Life decreased from 600 to 450.
•Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).
•Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.

Hotkey Changes (English Only):
•Zerg Set Worker Rally Point changed from R to G.
•Zerg Spore Crawler changed from W to A to avoid conflict with the Select All Warp Gates hotkey.

Battle.net Interface
•Revamped summary pages for player Profiles and Leagues & Ladders.
•Added a Help system with tech trees and other tips and tricks.
•Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.
•Updated the Battle.net user interface to consistently use a nested menu system.
•Added in-game blocking and player muting.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #224
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

I got a few (laggy) 4 v 4 games in before the servers all went to hell.

MUCH more fun than 2 v 2, at least if you not are playing 2+ protoss.

I really don't care what some of you guys say, Void Rays are still OP'd for their cost and time to build. They are almost without fail the unit of choice for toss players. And looking at the gameplay forums I am not alone in my opinion. Once in a blue moon some go sentries, I think out of boredom LOL. The really bored toss players go Templars.

Been playing random here. I have gotten some good results with Zerg in a few games, but my once fave unit the Roach got nerf'd to holy hell with the increase in food needed. They are really fun units though, bye bye opponents' economy if you can get them in. Muta/Hydra masses can be a terror if you can get an expo or two going. Infestors could be such a fun unit, but they are such monsters (in size) the opponents just FF on them instantly.

About the only Terran unit that is worth a shit is the Siege Tank, that's if you fight a bored toss (see above). Tanks leave Zerg smears all over the map, it's so easy it's not even fun. I take that back, Banshee's can be fun harrasment units too. Yeh sure MMM is effective but geebus, I can't take cookie cutter strats. Nukes are fun, but meh, emp is fun but the radii is too small, sniper = just stupid. I think the sniper is only in for those rotten ass single player missions when you don't get to build anything, god I hate those.

Still a fun game, but the balance is still a disappointment. Toss = Rays * Zerg = Muta/Hydra if they live long enough * Terran = MMM.

The saving grace for me may be 4 v 4 because there is enough variability with 8 players that you get to do some different stuff sometimes. 1 v 1 you basically have to do the safe strat or you die, same with 2 v 2. No 3 v 3 games in yet...servers crashed.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #225
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
I got a few (laggy) 4 v 4 games in before the servers all went to hell.

MUCH more fun than 2 v 2, at least if you not are playing 2+ protoss.

I really don't care what some of you guys say, Void Rays are still OP'd for their cost and time to build. They are almost without fail the unit of choice for toss players. And looking at the gameplay forums I am not alone in my opinion. Once in a blue moon some go sentries, I think out of boredom LOL. The really bored toss players go Templars.

Been playing random here. I have gotten some good results with Zerg in a few games, but my once fave unit the Roach got nerf'd to holy hell with the increase in food needed. They are really fun units though, bye bye opponents' economy if you can get them in. Muta/Hydra masses can be a terror if you can get an expo or two going. Infestors could be such a fun unit, but they are such monsters (in size) the opponents just FF on them instantly.

About the only Terran unit that is worth a shit is the Siege Tank, that's if you fight a bored toss (see above). Tanks leave Zerg smears all over the map, it's so easy it's not even fun. I take that back, Banshee's can be fun harrasment units too. Yeh sure MMM is effective but geebus, I can't take cookie cutter strats. Nukes are fun, but meh, emp is fun but the radii is too small, sniper = just stupid. I think the sniper is only in for those rotten ass single player missions when you don't get to build anything, god I hate those.

Still a fun game, but the balance is still a disappointment. Toss = Rays * Zerg = Muta/Hydra if they live long enough * Terran = MMM.

The saving grace for me may be 4 v 4 because there is enough variability with 8 players that you get to do some different stuff sometimes. 1 v 1 you basically have to do the safe strat or you die, same with 2 v 2. No 3 v 3 games in yet...servers crashed.
Just have to disagree here, but which league are you playing in? Because it really sounds like you're getting heavily cheesed by Void Ray rushes, Banshee harasses, and Siege tanks (all of which, imo, are pretty easy to handle).

Void Ray Counter: Scout early. If toss player is fortifying his choke with cannons you can sure as hell bet he's going late-tech (i.e. Void Ray). Once you get this early scout you either 1) build your ground army and smash his front before he gets void rays, or, 2) you fortify your mineral line with Anti-air and adjust your army composition. Terran = Viking or BC counter, even marines. Toss = Cannons, stalker + Blink, or Void rays. Zerg = Hydra or corruptors.

Muta counter: Mutas are so weak they are considered purely a harassment unit (along with reapers). Seldom do I see players go for mass-muta, especially since most zerg go for Mass-Hydra, toss go for stalker-heavy armies, and terran go for MMM or Vikings.

Hydra Counter: Toss = Colossus, Zealots + charge, Sentry + shield and forcefields. Terran = Siege Tanks, Mauraders + concussive, BC (if you get there). Zerg = Banellings.

MMM Counter: Straight up, this is pretty easy to counter. Early scouting will tell you what terran is going for, and it's 99.9% MMM unless he's doing Banshee harass. Zerg = Baneling/Hydra. Toss = Colosus (this hard counters the MMM SO BAD). Terran = Siege.

Siege: Just run straight into them since Siege can't hit close range. I usually don't have a problem with Siege tanks since opponents get 3-4 at most.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #226
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

voidray is easy to counter if scouted.. especially if its not a proxy stargate. as stated before, what league are you playing? i'm currently rank 1 in my diamond division and i hardly ever lose to voidrays unless they come completely unexpected (which hardly ever happens with correct scouting)
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 02:07 AM   #227
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

This just in:

BETA WILL BE SHUTDOWN ON MAY 31ST, 2010. It will be reopened, I believe, about 2 weeks prior to the July 27th launch.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 07:27 AM   #228
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep

I am in 4 v 4 platinum. I haven't done anything else since the last reset.

Prevention is NOT a counter, that is a strategy. True enough, what you have stated in all your counter-strats that you have suggested will work, I defineatly agree.

Other than a 1 for one Void Ray counter though, they are OP'd. There just isn't a unit(s) that can take them out at the same point in the game they can be massed, say 4-6 Void Rays. If you get a couple cannons up and have your 1 for 1 VR's built, then if he comes in you are golden. Maybe even have a set up for a victorious counter! Especially if your team is up to speed. Then you can go back with your 1-3 surviving VR's and wreak havoc on that toss player.

If someone doesn't stagger their tank set up they deserve to get wiped. You MUST keep a few back to protect the others in seige mode.

Grats on #1 Diamond F'g A!!!!!

Beta shutdown is a disappointment for sure. I think they need more tweaking in balance from live (non-employee) players.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #229
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I just got placed in Diamond League 1v1. I've tried 3v3 and 4v4 and it's a different game. I prefer micro-managing to macro-managing, so will stick to 1v1 and 2v2 only with Arranged Team (hard to do with the new way they're working out friends).
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #230
John
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

I been playing it to, my username is OPD. if anyone wants to hit me up and play

E90post Project 325i

www.creativeautoworks.com
James@creativeautoworks.com
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #231
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

so glad the beta is extended til june 7!

if you guys want to play, my user name is "ndizz"
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #232
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
How are you guys adding friends since they've changed it to require that you've played with the person before (right click add friend), or know their email or facebook?

#63 in Diamond League, going 8-2!

Anyway, if anyone knows how to add without facebook/email, or just randomly playing with me, please add me! Be good to have some Arranged Team games!

Last edited by Mega Man; 06-03-2010 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #233
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
I am in 4 v 4 platinum. I haven't done anything else since the last reset.

Prevention is NOT a counter, that is a strategy. True enough, what you have stated in all your counter-strats that you have suggested will work, I defineatly agree.

Other than a 1 for one Void Ray counter though, they are OP'd. There just isn't a unit(s) that can take them out at the same point in the game they can be massed, say 4-6 Void Rays. If you get a couple cannons up and have your 1 for 1 VR's built, then if he comes in you are golden. Maybe even have a set up for a victorious counter! Especially if your team is up to speed. Then you can go back with your 1-3 surviving VR's and wreak havoc on that toss player.

If someone doesn't stagger their tank set up they deserve to get wiped. You MUST keep a few back to protect the others in seige mode.

Grats on #1 Diamond F'g A!!!!!

Beta shutdown is a disappointment for sure. I think they need more tweaking in balance from live (non-employee) players.
In 4v4, or 3v3, it's definitely not a preventable strategy! 1v1, if you're giving them the opportunity to tech Voidrays, that's your fault. Void Rays are very preventable in 1v1.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #234
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
After playing Random forever, I think I'm settling in on Zerg as my preferred race. I just feel like I have more control over the map as Zerg. My favorite Zerg unit is the Infestor, however, I feel it's over-priced. It only has 90HP; compared to the other races' specialized units: Ghost 100HP and High Templar.

The cost:
High Templar: 50 min/150 gas
Ghost: 100 min/150 gas
Infestor: 150 min/150 gas

So, we have a caster unit with less HP and easier to spot for more resource cost. It no longer has Infested Terran, but Frenzy is a useful ability (use it on your Hydras behind your front line units for amazing damage). I haven't played much team games, but if you can Frenzy an ally's units, imagine Frenzied Collossus or Siege Tanks!

The Infestor sticks out like a sore thumb. It's a pretty large unit, and its belly can be brightly colored (depending on your color).

Still, it's great having a range advantage (if you upgraded Hydralisk range), coming to any group of units that you outrange, and using Fungal Growth as they just stand their while you kill them. They're also a great alternative to Overseers in terms of detecting cloaked Banshees in your base: Fungal Growth can reveal cloaked, and make it so they can't move (just know that they can still shoot).

On at least two occassions, I was able to win by using Changeling and seeing a turtled Terran mass Battlecruisers. You can use Neural Parasite to make those Battlecruisers your own (termporarily; long enough to destroy a lot of stuff/the Battlecruisers themselves). So, sometimes, Mass Infestors can be a feasible strategy.

Be very wary of sending them to the front line though. They have a slightly faster than your Hydralisk move speed off creep. They may end up on your front line if you're not careful, and their large size and bright color make them easy to focus on.

They can however, move while burrowed. If your opponent isn't careful, you can burrow a few Roaches and a couple of Infestors, pop up in your enemies supply line, and freeze their gatherers with Fungal Growth (which Damages Over Time), while your Roaches clean up. Burrow your Infestors (retreat them, or keep them hidden). Let your Roaches get killed. Sometimes, they don't notice the Fungal Growth, and think it was just the Roaches. Disrupt them again with your Infestors when they leave.

Other things for your Infestors to watch out for: High Templar (Feedback), Ghost (Snipe; 2 shots kills an Infestor). BTW, Snipe is a useful skill. I defended a ramp making use of Snipe barely making it through. If I wasn't sniping units, I'm sure I wouldn't have made it through at all. I would later go on to win by Nuking his supply line, which he didn't see.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 10:55 PM   #235
Koroush
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
How are you guys adding friends since they've changed it to require that you've played with the person before (right click add friend), or know their email or facebook?

#63 in Diamond League, going 8-2!

Anyway, if anyone knows how to add without facebook/email, or just randomly playing with me, please add me! Be good to have some Arranged Team games!
How are you gold in 2v2 when you are in 1v1 diamond?

Beta doesn't work anymore :\
      06-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #236
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroush View Post
How are you gold in 2v2 when you are in 1v1 diamond?
You can choose your car, but you can't always choose your team!

They have to reopen beta, it's killing me.

A couple days ago I read a strategy about using banelings as mines at expo's and went to try it out...noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Phase 1 beta is closed.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #237
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

beta will be back sometime between june 28-july 12
i know thats a large gap but thats the best ETA i got for now
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #238
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Can someone please fill me in with this gold, diamond, silver, etc business? I didn't get the beta, i decided to wait for the game to come out. Are those rankings, i assume?

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #239
macapagal
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
257 MB of 1.64 GB Downloaded...about 50 minutes remaining on Blizzard Downloader...

Updated First Post to Show Screenshot of download...
Thanks Dude for the update.... Free Movies
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #240
Koroush
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makushr1 View Post
Can someone please fill me in with this gold, diamond, silver, etc business? I didn't get the beta, i decided to wait for the game to come out. Are those rankings, i assume?
Bronze = noobs/worst league

Silver = Average Players

Gold = Slightly better players

Platinum = Very good players

Diamond = Pros/best league
      06-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #241
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroush View Post
Bronze = noobs/worst league

Silver = Average Players

Gold = Slightly better players

Platinum = Very good players

Diamond = Pros/best league
Does everyone start out in Bronze, then after winning, move up to silver and so fortth?

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #242
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makushr1 View Post
Does everyone start out in Bronze, then after winning, move up to silver and so fortth?
you get 5 placements matches that determine your league placement.

5-0 = Diamond
4-1 =Platinum
3-2 = Gold
2-3 = Silver
1-4 = Bronze. In Bronze to Lower Gold league you can try just about any strategy and still squeeze out a win haha
Appreciate 0