BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

12-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #23
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
Update!

So AAA has offered to pay $4200 minus my $500.00 deductible. I feel completely ripped off. Seeing as how my godfathers 96 civic was stolen and wrecked. It has 280,000 miles on it, oxidized paint, dents everywhere, and they gave him 5k. I hope to fight this, because I can't get a decent car for 3700 bucks!

$4200 sounds like a reasonable offer for that car to me. It would have required at least $1k in repairs before you could have sold it, and I could pick them up all day long for under $5k.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1230239070321
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #24
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

There is a crash on this overpass about once a month. Last crash before mine was a mini jcw that flipped 5 times.

And to answer your question I don't ever drink and drive. I always make sure there is a DD.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #25
imported_erick
normally aspirated
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
So the moral of the story before I even begin is that yes Heinzftw was involved in a car accident.

Alright here it goes:
So I start off a friday night with a friends birthday party. After such festivities we left around 10pm. On the way home I took an exit off of an expressway. It was an S turn overpassing the otherside of the expressway. Took the turn going the speed limit. Took the turn left initially, right front tire hit a divit in the road, car headed towards the cement embankment, countersteered too hard and went into a cement barrier. Car was sitting on the two left wheels. The right side of the car was on the cement barrier. Airbags did not deploy due the "Airbag" light being on. (Which means they were broken)
Two ambulances were called, my friend and I were brought the ER suffering bruised ribs, whiplash, and elevated heart rate. Moral of the story, if you don't know the road that well look out. I will be seeking professional advice later this week, in a possible lawsuit towards the city due to poorly maintained roads.
Only thing I can add to this is to not prolong the situation. Your post admits error by overcompensating which evidently worsened the situation. Focus on recovery rather than a city lawsuit.

Anyways, get better.
      12-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #26
corpsman
130 kmh, yeah right.
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Montego,6MT,

Quote:
The quote was 1000 to get a new "airbag system" to fix the airbag light. I was aware that they were broken. Car was only worth around 5k so that's why parents didn't want to go through with the repairs. I am now paying for with bruised ribs and lots of coughing!

I am going to say this. I am excited to get a car with ABS. If my accord had it I probably would of not even had the accident. My front tires locked up very promptly and easily when the incident occurred.
So you knew the airbags were not going to deploy, and you still want to sue. Just a reminder what airbags do..they protect in case of an accident. If you had them, you're chest would not be hurting right now.
      12-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #27
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
It's their fault that you were driving too fast for the conditions and wiped yourself out on a stretch of road that hundreds of cars pass through without a problem every day? God bless America.
It's entirely possible the city was negligent of the roadway and that he was the unlucky person. Just because other people have been lucky and not crashed their car does not remove blame if it's there. It's not likely but Im sure it's happened.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 05:51 AM   #28
Heinzftw
Major
Rep

Update!
So I have endlessly been searching for cars.
Cars driven and tested so far:
2000 Audi A4 2.8 5MT
1991 Crx Si / Integra GSR motor
1994 Del Sol / Integra Type-R DOHC
1999 Acura CL 3.0
2001 Honda Accord V6 Coupe'
1997 Honda Accord Ex Coupe'
1998 Integra Ls
1998 Chevy Silverado with: 10inch lift, 38 inch tires, 2 12's in the back. (I wanted it soo bad, but very impractical)

Still want to try and find:
1989 Bmw 325i coupe
1996 Acura Legend 5MT / Type 2 Engine
If anyone has any suggestions on what to get for around 4-5k let me know! Thanks!

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 09:03 AM   #29
Midgad
Free Skier
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe, 6MT, M-Sports

Only way you will win a law suit if someone else had notified the city of the hazardous situation and the city didnt do anything to rectify the problem within a reasonable period, and you can prove it!
If you are the first one to notify the city of the possible hazard, you may be out of luck.
but good luck neway.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
Heinzftw
Major
Rep

This past weekend after over a month of searching for a new car I picked up a 2000 civic ex coupe 5 speed. Let me say that deep down I am a bmw guy but until I can afford such luxury and performance I will be driving my "ricer" around. (yes it has a watermelon launcher in the back) Will post pics soon.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0