BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

06-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Jeff_DML
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 996TT

disable traffic reroute messages on dvd i-drive

I have the dvd nav in my 08 M3. When there is traffic it keeps prompting me to request to reroute? anyway to disable this, I thinking I am running quickest route so I might need to change that?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

yeah you can disable in the idrive

its an icon I believe
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

The good news is yes, there's a way to disable that. The bad news I don't know where the hell you do that . I remember seeing it when I was messing with nav on my way home from the dealer, but it's been over a year man. I read the manual too, but this thing being so counterintuitive, if you don't play with it often, you just forget where things are. Nothing 15 minutes of your time can't fix though .

While on the subject of 'obscure' features, I still can't figure out how the hell to bring the main map (left side) without actually setting a destination. Checked the manual, and tried every possible option without luck. Ended up recording a destination on one of the 6 memories, then cancelling it to do the trick. Must be a direct way, no? Tips welcome .
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
mocsman
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3

press "NAV" then scroll down to "MAP"? is this what you're asking for?? i'm sure this isn't it...
Appreciate 0