BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

04-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

Anyone ever have appendicitis?

What were your symptoms? Im having a slight pain right under my right rib cage when I breath in deeply, its not really a bad pain just more of an annoyance. Don't have time to go to the doctors today
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

just fap, it'll go away
      04-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Had that pain after I worked out and had the same thought. I just strained something and it went away after a couple days.

From what I hear appendicitis is more severe
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
just fap, it'll go away
tried that 13 times yesterday
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
What were your symptoms? Im having a slight pain right under my right rib cage when I breath in deeply, its not really a bad pain just more of an annoyance. Don't have time to go to the doctors today
it would not be a "slight" pain.

my summer job after high school was to lay brick at a high-rise construction. worked all day lifting heavy shit... somewhere around 3pm or so got shit really sharp pain in my side. it was unbearable. finished my day, got to my house in a public transportation and passed out right as i walked though the door. no one was home, so i laid there on a floor for a couple of hours.

my mom gets home from work and sends me to the emergency room. by the time i got there i was all shades of green and blue. they looked at me and sent me into the surgery right away. apparently my appendix had raptured and i would've died within and hour or two if i did not have a surgery ASAP.

basically they had to pull all my guts out, wash them in a pan and shove them back in. not a pleasant experience. to add insult to injury, they infected me with Hep. B (not the scary Hep. C), so i had to spend 3 weeks in a hospital for that shit too.
      04-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
tried that 13 times yesterday
      04-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post

my summer job after high school was to lay brick at a high-rise construction. worked all day lifting heavy shit... somewhere around 3pm or so got shit really sharp pain in my side. it was unbearable. finished my day, got to my house in a public transportation and passed out right as i walked though the door. no one was home, so i laid there on a floor for a couple of hours.

my mom gets home from work and sends me to the emergency room. by the time i got there i was all shades of green and blue. they looked at me and sent me into the surgery right away. apparently my appendix had raptured and i would've died within and hour or two if i did not have a surgery ASAP.

basically they had to pull all my guts out, wash them in a pan and shove them back in. not a pleasant experience. to add insult to injury, they infected me with Hep. B (not the scary Hep. C), so i had to spend 3 weeks in a hospital for that shit too.
That sounds very unpleasant. Yeah its really not unbearable just hurts when I breath in also, was your pain consistent?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #8
NBRider88
I gave her my heart, she gave me crabs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

Quote:
That sounds very unpleasant. Yeah its really not unbearable just hurts when I breath in also, was your pain consistent?
I have had it before, and had it removed. It was an incredible amount of pain that was constant and lasted what seemed like forever. If you are just having slight pains, and it's sporadic, I would think it's something else..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
E92Snake
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i/ Jet Black / Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post

Holy shit! Glad your mom showed up.
I had a friend who had the same thing happen to him during some training we were doing lifting heavy stuff. He was my buddy during this training and was starting to fall behind. I thought he was just being weak until he started to cry and then passed out! He said it felt like he was being stabbed repeatedly.

To the OP... it seems like you would know right away if something was up.
Never hurts to see the doc though!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #10
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

It will become horribly unbearable and you will basically be curled up in a ball on the ground about to cry. If that occurs, I suggest heading to the ER.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
js2000
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW m3

right beneath your right rib cage is your liver and gallbladder. sounds like you may have cholecystitis (inflammed gallbladder) from your description. it can go away on its own, but if it recurs, go to the hospital.

(getting my MD in 24 days!)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #12
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
i had it when i was younger, def not a slight pain, it hurts pretty bad
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Depends how it malfunctions. If it bursts, you will feel it and as others have pointed out, it's gonna hurt like a motherfucker.

Mine didn't burst. It perforated and slowly leaked all throughout my abdominal cavity or whatever. For ten days, I had bearable pain and started to get fevers which grew worse every day and were worse at night. By the tenth day, I was straight delirious by the time the sun went down and the pain was too much for me to go out snowboarding that day so we finally decided to go to the hospital. On New Years Eve no less. We were up by Verbier in the Alps and it was a long drive to Sion, so that's why we put it off so long.

Anyway, they ran some tests and the next morning a mannish nurse walked in with a razor saying my appendix had ruptured and I was going to need surgery. I woke up to the worst pain in my life and was quarantined to my own room, apparently because the infection had spread all over the place throughout my abdomen and stuff.... The incision was 10 inches long and I had a drain sticking out. I couldn't walk for 7 days afterwards and was laid up for 10 before being released. The doctor told me I was lucky and the extent of the infection was what he would have considered an extreme case for sure and I probably would have died if I had waited longer.

And I missed NYE, we were going to hang out with some hot ass Swiss chicks. Fucking sucked.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #14
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

u guys who had to get cut open...fuckin gross
      04-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #15
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by js2000 View Post
right beneath your right rib cage is your liver and gallbladder. sounds like you may have cholecystitis (inflammed gallbladder) from your description. it can go away on its own, but if it recurs, go to the hospital.

(getting my MD in 24 days!)
+1. Had my gallbladder taken out about 13 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Well it went away Thank god. Fuck surgery.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #17
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

You should have it check out just in case. I had slight pains, kinda like you describe, for months. At some point it became actually shitty, had it removed next day in fear of rupture. Look at it this way: Without complications, removal of the appendix is a mundane procedure that will take only a few days to recover from. In case it ruptures, you do start facing some real chances of not making it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Well it went away Thank god. Fuck surgery.
My pain went away also, until I had some Mexican food, and then the pain came back. The pain then didn't go away, and I wound up having surgery that same night, and released the next morning.

God Luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #19
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Yeah if it happens again I will for sure check it out, but its completely gone now and id rather not waste time being a hypochondriac.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
had kidney stones when i was 18, thought it was appendicitis, went to the ER gave me pain pills, pissed stone out week later... problem was solved.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #21
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Yeah, don't sweat it. You'll know.

Had mine removed in upper Michigan while on vacation. Got a nice 6" scar for my troubles. Stepped out of the hospital and started the drive back to Tampa. Lovely trip.