BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
crazyfoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Montego Blue 335i Coupe

Question Photography Tips?

I have a Canon 7D, a Canon 17-55 f/2.8 and a Sigma 10-20 (forget the f-stop). I feel like I know a lot about photography, but I've never really done a photo shoot of a car.

I took some pictures when I got my car about a month ago, but when my new rims finally come in (hopefully in the next few weeks) I want to go do a good photo shoot with my car. One thing I learned from the first "shoot" was that I really need a circular polarizing filter - so I plan to have that before I do the next shoot.

I have one off camera flash - a speed lite - but I was planning to just use natural lighting.

Can anyone offer any tips for taking pictures of a car?
  • General location ideas?
    * I have picked out a parking garage to test out at the top level
    * If anyone in the Houston area has a specific recommendation that would be great too.
  • Angles?
  • must do shots?
  • Lighting tips?
  • Any other tips you can think of?

Thanks for any advice!
      09-29-2011, 05:45 AM   #2
EngineCo52
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE

wish i could help, but there is a photography section towards the end of the forum might want to ask there

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
Protruck
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Garage List
2009 335i Sedan  [0.00]
John Zhang

You can do no better than search out John Zhang, he is a member on here. John's 1013MM photography is amazing. He has a blog and gives pointers. You can also check out his stuff in our Issue 2 of MotorWerks Magazine.
http://view.flipdocs.com/showbook.as...0003372_529376
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
crazyfoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Montego Blue 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineCo52 View Post
wish i could help, but there is a photography section towards the end of the forum might want to ask there
Oh I have never noticed that, thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protruck View Post
You can do no better than search out John Zhang, he is a member on here. John's 1013MM photography is amazing. He has a blog and gives pointers. You can also check out his stuff in our Issue 2 of MotorWerks Magazine.
http://view.flipdocs.com/showbook.as...0003372_529376
thanks I will look for some of his pictures.