BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM

06-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
BRETT0429
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
need to install my type 2 diffuser

where is a good place on LI to install my diffuser. i want it done right with the screws and adhesive not using 3m tape to show a gap and if they install springs that good too?
thanks
Brett
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 06:10 AM   #2
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Call Joe at Martino Auto Concepts they are very good. 516.676.7985
      06-19-2009, 06:48 AM   #3
NFDoms2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cute Little Convertible

If you are close to the Queens border, Matt (PM "itsbrokeagain") does excellent spring work and does it at an alignment shop so you can get an alignment right there on the spot (necessary) and the price cannot be beat for the package ~$300.

For the diffuser, MAC would do a great job, and for convenience you could do both that and the springs but it would very likely be more expensive. You could also do the diffuser yourself - put the tape on with about a 1-2 mm gap between the tape and the edges that will touch your car; with someone to help center it if possible screw it into the body on the bottom and the press as hard as you can on the tape side; now tape the diffuser and body as if you were going to paint it, with about a 1 mm gap; finally, using the window polyurethane stuff, apply it to the gap and then using a painters edge (I think thats what its called - its just a soft angled things like on that grout commercial) remove the excess. That last part helps if you ahve a friend to provide constant pressure while you apply, if no one is availalble then I would recommend taping it as tightly as you can using strips of tape from the bottom of the diffuser to just below the bootlid ensuring there is space for you to apply the poly.

I hope that makes sense, I am in a bit of a rush. Good luck either way!
      06-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Derek@MAC Auto Couture
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETT0429 View Post
where is a good place on LI to install my diffuser. i want it done right with the screws and adhesive not using 3m tape to show a gap and if they install springs that good too?
thanks
Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Call Joe at Martino Auto Concepts they are very good. 516.676.7985

Brett-

We'd be happy to help you out on both accounts, let me know if I can be of assistance.
Appreciate 0