BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

12-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #23
ep99
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

I always buy the rim and tire protection package with BMW (two 3-series and the M3)

I have at least one replacement with the two 3-series.
And two replacement with the M3 - one summer and one winter tire.

Some might say that its not worth it...but it depends on your luck.
A puncture tire is never a fun thing.

But since i live in a new developing area in markham and there are constant construction in highway 7...you can figure out the odd of getting a nail or something to your tire.

The other protection definitely sound like a scram...i wouldn't have pick it up.
But if you don't really want to take care of your car...ie parked in a crowded mall, eat in your car etc...then i guess you might want it.

Last edited by ep99; 12-21-2011 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: adding
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #24
Iplayedmyself
drive fast, live dangerously
United_States
Rep
Drives: was-08 e90 335xi, now-08 e90m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
Check your local legislation, in some jurisdictions you have a very short period of time to report this to the State/Province/County/Municipality. If you do so in a timely manner (can be as short as 2 weeks - to encourage reporting so that others do not suffer the same fate) the owner of the road is 100% responsible for the cost of the repair to your vehicle.
this happened January 2011, yes i have since sold the car after replacing the rim, believe it or not the rft was completely unharmed, i drove the car for the whole year til i found my m3 and never looked back. I called information on the night of the incident and they claimed that because no one else had complained about the pot whole no action can b taken, i took photos as you can tell and sent them in to the bridge and tunnel authority complaining asking for compensation and they responded the same as 411, because nobody else supposedly complained about that particular pot hole they cant do anything about it. that's new york for you, finding ways to screw its citizens out of money.
Appreciate 0