BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

11-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #23
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by is300wrx View Post
Hey all. Can you let me know if I am getting a good deal?

2013 M3 Coupe
Selling price $72,695.00 (includes rebates and specials)
MF: .00175 (currently a BMW customer)
Residual: 57%
15,000 miles Per year. 36 months Lease

$979.00 per month (not including sales tax)
Due at signing $2850.00 (no cap cost)

Thanks
Just went through the same exercise.
selling price was 68k
mf .0012
residual 59%
10k per year @ 36 mos.

$790 per month
due at signing $1790

even when converting to your price, $979 seems high imho.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #24
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
You are willing to drop $38K+ to rent a car for 3 yrs..never understood that..Good luck
I don't know if the OP's pricing is high or low but I do know that you may want to analyze things a little deeper before assuming that leasing is always bad financial move.

When you lease you are paying for the depreciation of the car over the lease period plus an interest expense. How is that different than buying a car utilizing a loan and experiencing the same depreciation? If BMW charges you for too much depreciation then the buyout price at the end of the lease will be lower than the market value. Find a buyer or trade the car in and pocket the difference. If BMW doesn't charge you enough for depreciation then you just turn the car in. Now if you plan to keep the car long-term then there is a better argument for buying vs. leasing. I have leased cars in the past and I always take an opportunistic approach. When a manufacturer wants to move cars then they often apply incentives to the lease rates or residual prices to make the monthly lease payment low. When a car is hot, manufacturers charge high interest and payments are much higher. I have seen M3 lease rates range from $600's to $1200 depending on market conditions.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #25
is300wrx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
You said it.not me

The benefits you mention dont begin to offset the costs involved with this specific car..and you can just as easily buy and have a car every few yrs that is 100% under warranty.

A lease on a car with a low MSRP makes more financial sense, spending more than what a home mortagage costs per month.. on a car, makes little financial sense..and is usually an indication that the car is out of the persons financial reach to begin with

You are essentially paying for 60% of the car's value in 3 yrs..only to give it up or get hit over the head with a giant residual to buy it out
If my home mortgage cost more than my m3 payment, it would make me really sad I wouldnt expect anyone to lease/purchase a $70+ car if their car payment was costing them more than their mortgage; this situation then doesnt make financial sense for that individual.

I don't ever consider a vehicle as an investment so I don't look at the depreciation, but solely as an expendable item. I really don't need to justify my lease with you as this was simply a thread on a public forums requesting feedback on my deal, not your opinion on lease vs buy.

I'm actually thinking of leasing an M5/M6 in the next 8 months (my other car's lease expires-2011 e90 3)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #26
Hothonda
***EX-NSX***
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by is300wrx View Post
If my home mortgage cost more than my m3 payment, it would make me really sad I wouldnt expect anyone to lease/purchase a $70+ car if their car payment was costing them more than their mortgage; this situation then doesnt make financial sense for that individual.

I don't ever consider a vehicle as an investment so I don't look at the depreciation, but solely as an expendable item. I really don't need to justify my lease with you as this was simply a thread on a public forums requesting feedback on my deal, not your opinion on lease vs buy.

I'm actually thinking of leasing an M5/M6 in the next 8 months (my other car's lease expires-2011 e90 3)
At the end of the day,of the many who lease, few will ever actually own a car w/title in hand.

I'm old fashioned I guess.

991 TT, 200 Land Cruiser
2 prior BMW 3 & 5 series & 2013 Limerock M3
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #27
snk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4

You will be glad you're on a lease if you're ever in an accident, major damage, but not totaled.
Return the car at lease end, never have to deal with bad vehicle history when trying to sell it
Appreciate 0