BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-11-2015, 02:43 PM   #1
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Optimum alignment for supercharged street car?

I haven't seen this discussed before. I have an ess 625 kit and am running 295 wide pss in the rear. The car likes to get a bit "tail happy" between shifts and wiggle from side to side. I think this has gotten slightly more pronounced with time which may be due to tire wear or possibly subframe bushing wear.

On my short list of to-dos is to go with solid subframe bushings out back but what about alignment settings? Can added rear toe help with this? What about front toe does that have any affect?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by W Cole View Post
I haven't seen this discussed before. I have an ess 625 kit and am running 295 wide pss in the rear. The car likes to get a bit "tail happy" between shifts and wiggle from side to side. I think this has gotten slightly more pronounced with time which may be due to tire wear or possibly subframe bushing wear.

On my short list of to-dos is to go with solid subframe bushings out back but what about alignment settings? Can added rear toe help with this? What about front toe does that have any affect?
It might be time for solid rear subframe bushings. It may also be time to upgrade the guide and upper links as well.

Toe should be 1/8" total in. As the rear suspension compresses more toe is added so you don't really need more than what is mentioned above.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
It might be time for solid rear subframe bushings. It may also be time to upgrade the guide and upper links as well.

Toe should be 1/8" total in. As the rear suspension compresses more toe is added so you don't really need more than what is mentioned above.
Thank you. I'll pull out the toe plates and double check my setting. I think I'm around there already.

Forgot to mention I have all spherical suspension arms out back but have been lagging on the bushings as it seems like a lot of work to pull the subframe.
Appreciate 0