BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-02-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Some help

I was given the responsibility to take car of a friend's E93 that has been in storage for over a year. After taking it for a spin, I noticed some (what I think are) serious issues:

1. in slowing down from highway speeds, I get a shudder in the steering wheel. I checked the wheel lugs and they are all torqued up fine.

2. The a/c blows cool air when set to 60 degrees, but never gets cold (this issue belongs in another section, but decided to keep everything in a single post).

What do you think my next steps should be? I know the car has been in a frontal accident at some point, and fluids have not been replaced since the car was first put into storage.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

For 1. Could just be a flat spot on the tire. Cars may develop flat spots after sitting for a while. Drive it and warm up the tires well and see if it goes away.

For 2. Could be loss of refrigerant. It could also be the common ac gremlin (cant think of the exact name right now) that resides inside the dash. The entire dash needs to be pulled apart. Cheaper to have pressure checked first.

Both issues could be attributed to a front end collision. An alignment may spot something for 1, but id think youd see or feel other issues when driving.
Appreciate 0