BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

08-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #23
RBB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
anyone else have trouble with the exhaust vibrating against the black cross member brace? I could not get mine to work and had to take it off. I don't track my car or really ever throw it into any stressful turn so not a big deal but still bugs me a bit. Not enough to give up the HFC's-man that sound is so brutal
I think I'm having the same problem. Another member here suggesting putting a washer or two under the brace to provide a little space. It worked for him, I'm going to give that a shot.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #24
VCMpower
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange

I am amazed at what I am reading! To start with the HFC or straight pipes have the ability to be rotated , 360 degrees if the tunnel would allow, if this alignment is wrong all exhaust from that point back will be less than suitable. The E9x exhaust fits so tight that there is no room for error on install. I have installed many of these, had them off and on for other work and NEVER had a rattle, vibration, hanger missing concern or anything of the sort. The HFC sits low, nature of metal matrix cats, they are round not oval.
Appreciate 0