BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

01-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #45
UKBeemer
Rep
Drives: E46

At the moment not a fan. I have a deposit down on both the coupe and convertible and as it stands I won't be taking the order further on either. It looks horrible and here in the UK that little baby is gonna cost somwhere in the region of £55k. Thats $100k!

If i'm gonna spend that sort of money on a BMW its gotta look special as well as go special and afraid that doesn't, not even close.

A colleague at work has recently purchased a 335 coupe and I couldnt wait for him to get it as I thought it would give me an idea on what the M3 would be like, in fact I was seriously underwhelmed by it. Butt ugly.

My views might well change when its released and I see one in the flesh but at the moment its a no no
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #46
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
My point is that they are obviously different. The height of the tyre sidewall for one. The other major difference is the shape of the spokes. On the 18" wheels in the photo/spy shot, they get thinner towards the hub of the wheel. On the grey spy shot they are the same width almost for the entire length of the spoke.
These most recent shots show the mule riding on E60 M5 wheels with the centers of the 10 spokes sliced out (essentially creating 20 spokes). They are almost the same wheels the M5 mule wore, and also the production.

Think we'd see the E60 M5 and E92 M3 wear the same wheels? I don't really believe it. I don't think these will make production. I bet the more hefty spoke wheels on the white/silver mule is what we'll actually see on our cars next year.

E60 M5 mule -

E60 M5 Production -
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #47
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Knowing is not the same as writting

Quote:
Well thanks for clearing that up and for stating the bleeding obvious.
I'm sure you did read the thread. I'm sure you have read as many here as I have. However, slightly more accurate writting benefits everyone, seasoned readers/followers (who will likely correct you) as well as noobs who will get incorrect information and re-post it somewhere else, misleading legions of other noobs. Just my 2 cents. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 06:06 PM   #48
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereAgain View Post
I could not agree with you more. Butt-ugly. Especially the rear and the wheels!
The rear doesn't show anything in these pics. Looks like the wheels may also be thrown on just to test bigger sizes.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 06:34 PM   #49
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown View Post
The rear doesn't show anything in these pics. Looks like the wheels may also be thrown on just to test bigger sizes.
Yeah, those wheels look gigantic. Maybe 20's?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #50
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
These most recent shots show the mule riding on E60 M5 wheels with the centers of the 10 spokes sliced out (essentially creating 20 spokes).
They are an evolution of the E60 M5 wheels, but by no means exactly the same. However, the designers are basing the E92 M3 wheels on the E60 M5 wheels. Why not? The M5 wheels look great.

Quote:
They are almost the same wheels the M5 mule wore, and also the production..
Notice how the E60 M5 mule wheels in black turned out to be the production wheels? There's a reason why these E92 M3 wheels are also in black. BMW are trying to disguise them. It's because these are going to be the 19" production wheels for the new M3. Whether they are standard or optional is open to debate though. The silver photoshop/mule is wearing different (18"?) wheels. These are either going to be the standard 18" E92 wheels, or maybe sourced from somewhere else. Possibly the upcoming E92 M package wheels?

Quote:
Think we'd see the E60 M5 and E92 M3 wear the same wheels? I don't really believe it. I don't think these will make production. I bet the more hefty spoke wheels on the white/silver mule is what we'll actually see on our cars next year.
They are not the same wheels. Just similar style. They are an evolution of the E60 M5 wheels, which in turn are an evolution of the E46 M3 19" wheels. These styles of wheels are a styling cue at this particular period of 'M', such as the mesh venting of the Z4M coupe and the new E92 M3 below the rear bumper, and the bonnet bulge which looks the same on both the Z4M and the E92 M3 also.

Why would BMW go to the bother of disguising them in black if they're not even going to be using them? If anything it's more likely that the wheels on the silver photoshop/mule (they have been around for a long time now) are not likely to make production because there has been no attempt to disguise those in the many different pictures they have appeared in, both on the street and on the 'ring over the last year.

Lets look at this sensibly now:

1) The E92 M3 is driving around virtually undisguised, and in virtually production ready form. This is done on purpose by BMW to create interest. Letting photographers 'spy' a new car is all part of the marketing process. It creates interest, gets the photos in magazines and on the net.

2) I'd lay money on the fact that it's going to be at Geneva in less than two months, and at the very least concept form, but most likely production form.

3) It is quite clear that the black wheels are production ready.

4) The rear number plate is going to be in the normal place and not in the rear bumper.

Any major testing or development is now long gone. This car is ready to be launched.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 12:00 AM   #51
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Hope you are right

Quote:
1) The E92 M3 is driving around virtually undisguised, and in virtually production ready form. This is done on purpose by BMW to create interest. Letting photographers 'spy' a new car is all part of the marketing process. It creates interest, gets the photos in magazines and on the net.

2) I'd lay money on the fact that it's going to be at Geneva in less than two months, and at the very least concept form, but most likely production form.

4) The rear number plate is going to be in the normal place and not in the rear bumper.

Any major testing or development is now long gone. This car is ready to be launched.
On all of these. Pretty reasonable predictions.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #52
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 X3, Formerly ‘06 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3holiday View Post
Well it still won't have that considering the Z4 M:

Derrrr.... don't the Z4M and E92 M3 bumpers curve in different directions entirely?

So, um... yeah... back to it having it's own face...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #53
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 X3, Formerly ‘06 Z4

Quote:
They are an evolution of the E60 M5 wheels, but by no means exactly the same. However, the designers are basing the E92 M3 wheels on the E60 M5 wheels. Why not? The M5 wheels look great.

Notice how the E60 M5 mule wheels in black turned out to be the production wheels? There's a reason why these E92 M3 wheels are also in black. BMW are trying to disguise them. It's because these are going to be the 19" production wheels for the new M3. Whether they are standard or optional is open to debate though. The silver photoshop/mule is wearing different (18"?) wheels. These are either going to be the standard 18" E92 wheels, or maybe sourced from somewhere else. Possibly the upcoming E92 M package wheels?

They are not the same wheels. Just similar style. They are an evolution of the E60 M5 wheels, which in turn are an evolution of the E46 M3 19" wheels. These styles of wheels are a styling cue at this particular period of 'M', such as the mesh venting of the Z4M coupe and the new E92 M3 below the rear bumper, and the bonnet bulge which looks the same on both the Z4M and the E92 M3 also.

Why would BMW go to the bother of disguising them in black if they're not even going to be using them? If anything it's more likely that the wheels on the silver photoshop/mule (they have been around for a long time now) are not likely to make production because there has been no attempt to disguise those in the many different pictures they have appeared in, both on the street and on the 'ring over the last year.

Lets look at this sensibly now:

Thank you.

I don't understand the sheer amount of speculation that is still occurring here, this late in the game. Bets were placed months ago, folks.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #54
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaintmepunkxx View Post
I don't understand the sheer amount of speculation that is still occurring here, this late in the game. Bets were placed months ago, folks.
There's no official info out from BMW, so what's so hard to understand about speculation? There's nothing much to talk about. This is the most active board for the E92 M3... we'll continue to draw our conclusions from all the info we have until we hear official word and see official pics.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #55
REP1KRR
Rep

Quote:
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
There's no official info out from BMW, so what's so hard to understand about speculation? There's nothing much to talk about. This is the most active board for the E92 M3... we'll continue to draw our conclusions from all the info we have until we hear official word and see official pics.
Fully agree. It's part of the fun, the excitement of the release of a new auto - especially something as awesome as the M3. We're just puppets, and the puppet master is BMW - its exactly what they do to build the anticipation. Its awesome too. I don't mind being a BMW b*tch.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #56
Should be Working
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Convertible Silver Grey

Wonder what happened to Jussi?!?

That guy was all over the forum a couple of months ago making really bold predictions about the e92 M3. Would be interested to get his take on the production readiness of this car given that he seemed to have some serious inside knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #57
REP1KRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Should be Working View Post
Oh yeah.

His last post was: 11-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #58
m3holiday
Rep
Drives: 2003 TiAg M3

Quote:
Derrrr.... don't the Z4M and E92 M3 bumpers curve in different directions entirely?

So, um... yeah... back to it having it's own face...
No the Z4 M and Spy E92 M3 don't point in different directions. That's the point. It won't be original because the Z4 M's bumper has the /-\ style bumper like the spy pic M3 /-\

See the first two pics for comparison. The PS below them shows what many would prefer, the \-/ style bumper. I hope that clears things up.

vs.

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #59
Moderato
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3holiday View Post

[/IMG]

vs.

That front bumper is just horrible. I don't know maybe it will grow on me, but I much prefer the bumper on the M3 concept pic that's more like the M5/6.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2007, 11:02 PM   #60
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderato View Post
That front bumper is just horrible. I don't know maybe it will grow on me, but I much prefer the bumper on the M3 concept pic that's more like the M5/6.
I think that actually IS the M5 bumper chopped onto the E92.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #61
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Quote:

That guy was all over the forum a couple of months ago making really bold predictions about the e92 M3. Would be interested to get his take on the production readiness of this car given that he seemed to have some serious inside knowledge.

He is driving the new M3 already ofcourse, and he isn`t allowed to speak about it........................................what are you thinking ?

BTW; he drives it 24/7, so posting is a little bit difficult..............................
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 12:51 AM   #62
mimi74
Light years are ahead
France
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe Arktis

I like very much this new M3 bumper, and the M3 must have something different from the M5 or M6... This new M3 must have it's own personnality
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 01:09 AM   #63
jerseykid
Private
Rep

Those rims will actually look bad ass when finished. They will obviously be the production wheels given BMW's history in the past although they will not be in that color. Im hoping they're polished like the e46 19".

I think they will look even better than the M5 wheels. They're not far from the current e46 styling if you notice. I love how they go inward in the middle. That will make them and the car look sick from a side profile, when in motion. Dam....I just busted a nut. :rocks:

Its funny how you always hear some people bad mouth something in disguised form and love it when finally released. I've seen it time after time.

Bottom line: If you like the 335 you will love the new M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 06:50 AM   #64
Should be Working
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Convertible Silver Grey

Quote:
He is driving the new M3 already ofcourse, and he isn`t allowed to speak about it........................................what are you thinking ?

BTW; he drives it 24/7, so posting is a little bit difficult..............................
How do you know this and why aren't you following him with a camera!!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #65
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Quote:
How do you know this and why aren't you following him with a camera!!

Now this is an easy one; I can`t follow him, because I`am to slow.............
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #66
josowski
nil desperandum, illegitimi non caborundum
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

Jussi

For those interested in Jussi (I was speaking to him last week), he has been testing X cars in the tundra.

As far as his comments, he has bowed out lately since some contributors have been blasting his credibility.

Furthermore, he will be testing the new M3 in the Spring.
Appreciate 0