BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #1
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Dinan Midpipe Sound Clips Inside and Out

here are some clips of inside the cabin in case anyone wants to hear the drone level or help them decide if there are looking into this piece so they can hear how it would sound while your driving the car

also a couple of how it sounds outside the car

the camera i used is far from high quality so the outside ones do it no justice and in person it is so much better, i mean really sounds better in real life. i also ran out of time so couldn't hit all the rpm ranges but got a couple

any questions feel free to ask or any requests for a certain rpm clip just lmk or any other requests would be happy to. recently some people have asked about this combo for there car so thought i would help them out so they could hear it to decide

H
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #2
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Great videos, thanks. Gives me more confidence in buying the Dinan. Looks like I'll be joining your club soon! At least I'll have the mufflers combined with Gintani Xpipe/HFC. I assume my setup will actually be quieter because I have HFC's.

I can't exactly tell 100% from the videos, but is there ANY resonance (hum/sound vibration) at 2900-3200 rpm going up a hill in 6th?

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 03:40 AM   #3
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

does the HFC your lookin at have any resonators on it?? if not it might not be quieter bc the Dinan has two resonators on it. as you can see it is only loud when getting on it. i should of have done some outside where it is just cruising by

i never noticed any at that rpm range up hill but there is a long few miles stretch of highway that is a steep grade up a mountain so i can take one on that this week for you and run it in that range up the hill and see if it is any different

i need to get a real video camcorder bc the camera one with video feature has poor quality

will post it soon as i get it done

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Great videos, thanks. Gives me more confidence in buying the Dinan. Looks like I'll be joining your club soon! At least I'll have the mufflers combined with Gintani Xpipe/HFC. I assume my setup will actually be quieter because I have HFC's.

I can't exactly tell 100% from the videos, but is there ANY resonance (hum/sound vibration) at 2900-3200 rpm going up a hill in 6th?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 04:07 AM   #4
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
does the HFC your lookin at have any resonators on it?? if not it might not be quieter bc the Dinan has two resonators on it. as you can see it is only loud when getting on it. i should of have done some outside where it is just cruising by

i never noticed any at that rpm range up hill but there is a long few miles stretch of highway that is a steep grade up a mountain so i can take one on that this week for you and run it in that range up the hill and see if it is any different

i need to get a real video camcorder bc the camera one with video feature has poor quality

H
300cell HFC's, dual 16 or 18" resonators.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 04:33 AM   #5
Fupa92
Do you FUPA?
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Is the sound difference noticeable from inside the cabin? Is it much louder with more drone? Appreciate your reviews, they are awesome!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

not sure what you mean?? there is no drone inside the cabin. if you listen to the one i floored it inside the cabin through all gears. if you have the window or windows down then yeah you hear it, but inside the cabin it just sounds nice and when cruising you don't hear it at all really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fupa92 View Post
Is the sound difference noticeable from inside the cabin? Is it much louder with more drone? Appreciate your reviews, they are awesome!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
does the HFC your lookin at have any resonators on it?? if not it might not be quieter bc the Dinan has four resonators on it. as you can see it is only loud when getting on it. i should of have done some outside where it is just cruising by

H
Fixed
Appreciate 0