BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BPM

02-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
yomny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335is 6spd

Thumping sound when cold from rear right, help!

I know diagnosing a sound on a message board is kinda tough but i just want to run it by you guys and see if anyone's familiar with this. When the car's cold, most of the times early morning before leaving to work when i pull out of my parking i turn hard right, this weird thumping noise comes about. The sound comes with the rotation of the wheel, basically pulling out of the parking space, i hear this thump..thump coming from the right rear wheel area. Along with the noise the car seems a bit stuck/brake from that side. I went to the dealer and the service adviser told me its normal with these LSD performance cars. The LSD seems to be cold and making this noise. Anyone out there could shed some light on the subject. I'm just not comfortable with a 70k car making these odd noises. Thanks a lot for any feedback anyone could provide.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
yomny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335is 6spd

In case anyone has a similar issue, i just found the answer along with the service bulletin referring to this case.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...erential+noise
Appreciate 0