BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-05-2007, 05:43 AM   #23
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

I am not dealing with Terry however I do talk to him sometimes. I am dealing with Mathias and he has done a great job keep me informed. So far his estimate for a March build date and late April allocation is coming true based on other web based info. As far as price they are both pretty tight lipped and just tell me I should be excited.

Jason
      09-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #24
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

I'll give Angela some time. Once she passes along some info I shall let you know. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #25
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 G83; '23 M850i

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
I think you can but the problem for me is that the 2K in shipping to the US is not much more expensive than a round trip ticket to Germany. Plus, I am not sure what travel expenses BMW will cover if any. Maybe lodging I guess but if not then it might actually be cheaper to just have it shipped.

Jason
Not sure if it is still going on right now but when I placed my M3 order in Stuttgart (about 1 month ago...maybe a little longer), they were offering free shipping back to the states. I jumped on that right away.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #26
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Hmm interesting...but are you doing Euro pickup since you are in Germany... if thats the case then maybe shipping is free for you?

Jason
      10-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #27
Gadgetman
Captain Darren
United_States
Rep
Drives: Canadian Regional Jet 900

Does Military Sales apply to us Navy guys?

I'm currently deployed down doing Drug Operations. Does this apply to us Navy guys who will be away for 6 months?

What is the website so I can read more about qualifying about purchasing a new BMW M3?

Thanks,
Darren

Edit: I believe I can. I'm now reading the Pentagon Sales website for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #28
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Depends on what part of the world your in if your in asia you have a dealer in Korea and Japan
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #29
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

If you guys come to Japan.......http://www.unilife-bmw-military.com/page.php?2
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #30
Gadgetman
Captain Darren
United_States
Rep
Drives: Canadian Regional Jet 900

First Choice MSP? Military M3 Sales

Has anyone worked with this company?

http://www.bmwmsp.com/en/

I'm working with Lisa and she's over in UAE.

I was ready to put my $3000 deposit to reserve a build M3 however, it is against their policy for me to provide my Credit Card information. She requires me to wire the funds to them? What are your experience with that company? I dont want to be scammed.

Darren
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #31
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Has anyone heard new information from their people?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97014
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #32
rossduck
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I am buying through Bahrain, and I have heard nothing from them.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #33
InJapan
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Cab, imola/imola

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
For those that have done Military sales. When does the final payment have to be made? Does the car still fall under the BMW 4 year service plan?

I have an April allocation (est.) for pickup at San Diego BMW. I didnt quite understand if I am paying for the car through San Diego BMW when I pick my M3 up. Or am I paying Pentagon Car Sales sometime before pickup?

Jason
My experience is deposit before getting on the waiting list. Big deposit ($4000-5000) before the car goes into the build. Full payment before shipping.

If the car is delivered to the US, you get the full BMW US service / warrantee plan. If the car is delivered or shipped elsewhere you get either a 2 year international plan or sometimes longer depending on the countries BMW / governmental policy.

In terms of payment. My checks were always made out to BMW. Not the military or local dealer.

Comments on other things that were mentioned.
I actually got the shipping invoice directly from BMW in addition to the military MSRP sheet. Man... the military dealers are still making good money off of us.

The best dealer I've had to work with was the BMW dealer in Korea. The cars are sold directly from BMW Korea... US or Korean specs. No tax, shipping, registration, service headaches. And no part time salesmen.. complete professionals.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #34
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Any way to skip taxes?

Has anyone had experience in avoiding sales/use taxes? I will be getting my M through a military sales program. If I have the car delivered to Oregon while still a California resident, would I have any troubles registering it there? I do know the address I will be "moving" to in the state and would be able to get the plates once they came in. If the move didn't end up going through, I could simply get California plates a year later?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #35
JoB01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50 & 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post
Has anyone had experience in avoiding sales/use taxes? I will be getting my M through a military sales program. If I have the car delivered to Oregon while still a California resident, would I have any troubles registering it there? I do know the address I will be "moving" to in the state and would be able to get the plates once they came in. If the move didn't end up going through, I could simply get California plates a year later?

Thanks!
We have different rules on how our residency works, which you're probably already aware of. I maintain my Idaho state residency (no state taxes for active duty), but with my last car, I registered it in Flordia. Granted, I got a florida driver's liscence first.... I'm not sure how much info you need to have "set up" before you can legally register in that state. You might be able to do it with just an address, but you may need a state drivers liscence first, too. I'm pretty sure you don't have to declare that state as your legal residence, though (since we're in the military). It'd probably be best to ask your PSD/CSD detatchment, your Admin Yeoman may be able to answer some of those questions....

Can't wait for the M3's!!!! Military sales is the way to go!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 05:12 PM   #36
InJapan
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Cab, imola/imola

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post

Thanks!
Need more info... State you are moving to. Can you change your state of residency?
I'm suprised everyone in the military is not a resident of Texas / Florida / Nevada...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #37
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Dudes I was at the dealer in Okinawa last night and they had a white M3.....MY gawd..that car did something to me..and then as I was leaving they started the damn engine..my wife who thinks a car is a car..said..Hmmm if we can get it deliverd to japan I can have it...I was like fuck yeah..but played it real cool..she said how much does it run I said in japan..10million yen..(almost 90,000)U.S..she goes how about Military sales , I said..well about 51....she goes okay you can have it......I smiled like the bitch I am..hahahahahaha I have no shame
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #38
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 G83; '23 M850i

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InJapan View Post
Need more info... State you are moving to. Can you change your state of residency?
I'm suprised everyone in the military is not a resident of Texas / Florida / Nevada...
Yes those are a "no state tax" state but that doesn't mean they are a "no sales tax" state. Each state has a different requirement so the best thing is to do online research on the state you are planning to register with. For example:

Oregon

Also, this book will tell you everything about title and registration in every state. NADA
My Military rep has it so when I figure out where I am going...I will know the rules.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #39
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
I'm currently deployed down doing Drug Operations. Does this apply to us Navy guys who will be away for 6 months?

What is the website so I can read more about qualifying about purchasing a new BMW M3?

Thanks,
Darren

Edit: I believe I can. I'm now reading the Pentagon Sales website for BMW.
Yeah it applies to you. I placed my order while on mission orders over Afghanistan on a short trip. From talking to my rep you need to be either deployed, or TDY orders OCONUS for a certain time period (>48hrs) and you can apply. He says he gets flightcrews in and outta Rota, Spain and Ramstein and such that order cars all the time using their flight orders. The orders just need to state your name, rank and identify you as on official TDY out of the country and duration.

The remainder of the info from folks is correct. Need to provide a pre-approval and then payment when final VIN is issued. (with the credit markets shifting left and right I hope my bank still honors my approval in May!) Most pre-approvals are good for 90 days so it may take a trip BACK to the bank to renew it when your VIN comes in. Registration...I hope its like those others have said as I've never done it before like this but sure I won't be the 1st ever to do so in my state either. Got a June 08 delivery date so far myself but like others NOTHING on price yet.

Good luck
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 01:46 AM   #40
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Hey since most pre-approval letters for financing from the bank are only good for 90 days AND BMW-NA has yet to even release the price or let anyone place any mil-sales money; for those of you financing how are you going to get you financing re-done? Did your bank give you a special exended purchase letter of credit or are you all just reapplying or robbing banks in the interim while you wait for your cars?

Curious as I have a June 08 build/delivery date according to my PO but my Letter of Credit from my bank was Sept 07; obviously WELL outside the 90 days! LOL
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #41
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I wish I was at a point where I had to talk to a bank. Is that a June build date for an 08? It seems like there is a delay in months for delivery after it is built. For a ?Aug? delivery, wouldn't it make sense to wait for a month and get an 09? Does it matter? When they find problems with the first year's car, how long does it take to make changes to successive years? Is it possible a 2-3 month delay would equate to a better product?

Sorry, started to ramble a bit there. I am just a bit worried there may be a penalty to having one of the first cars?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #42
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

It's gonna be a 2009 when it comes out I think..not sure
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 01:45 AM   #43
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Hey since most pre-approval letters for financing from the bank are only good for 90 days AND BMW-NA has yet to even release the price or let anyone place any mil-sales money; for those of you financing how are you going to get you financing re-done? Did your bank give you a special exended purchase letter of credit or are you all just reapplying or robbing banks in the interim while you wait for your cars?

Curious as I have a June 08 build/delivery date according to my PO but my Letter of Credit from my bank was Sept 07; obviously WELL outside the 90 days! LOL
To answer someone above, auto sales tax rate in Texas is 6.25%

As for pre-approvals, you should know basically if you qualify or not. If you are nervous about it, you will have to get pre-approval twice probably, because as you said, they are only good for 90 days. I will be applying for my PA 60 days out or so...worked last time.
      12-16-2007, 09:15 AM   #44
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Newest Update

I got an email from Angela today, it seems we may have more savings!?

Quote:
Still no pricing information for the M3 but I did want to let you know that the delivery cost of $2,150 is being reduced to $775 which means an additional $1,375 in savings. I will show this on the final Purchase Order once we have all of the information.
Appreciate 0