BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
I love the statement in your signature...I couldn't agree more. (hint, hint)

BTW: I made sure to give you a complete and thorough breakdown of WHY you should consider the Dinan mid-pipe. The T-304 stainless steel construction, top notch TIG welding, and Dinan's legendary fit and finish quality has been very well established over the past few decades.

Curious to hear what was the other guys detailed analysis was for choosing the Gintani x-pipe over the Dinan?
lOl why thank you I cannot take credit for the statement but only for standing behind it.

I totally understand your thoughts and reasoning behind the Dinan x pipe recommendation. I personally, when it comes to exhaust put Sound at the top of my list. I also have read and heard Gintani does have great craftsmanship. Still on the fence with the part. All I am worried about is the Dinan MID muffling the Gintanis RAW sound.

I will decide when I have to lOl

At least im 100% on the pulley, tune, gears, and intake modifications. For that alone this thread has helped and I am thankfull.

NOW rims/brakes/suspension that will be a whole different thread after phase one of my modding is complete.

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #24
NatAsp-M3
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLzZz View Post
Hi board as I am coming closer to ordering my m3 I am compiling a LONG list of mods to order or commit myself too. So I am asking for anyone's educated guesstimate on the power I plan to add to the car. Here goes the list after many long hours of research.

m3 dct

1 - Dinan flash
2 - Dinan pulley
3 - Gintani Race fully catless xpipe etc...
4 - (possibly) Dinan 3.62 gears I believe for the dct im still looking into this mod
5- Undecided airbox/intake Probably scoops and a drop in filter

With that list what are everyone's guestimattes of power bump compared to stock?

I will give my reasoning for each mod choice.

The dinan flash I am choosing for multiple reasons. One is the nice reassurance you get with them. Also why pay 900 for a flash then when BMW reflashes the system I have to go threw all that trouble of getting my (powerchip) flash back. I have seen it happen in the case of Dinan the dealer just gets a new email from Dinan and it gets re installed free of charge.

The Dinan pulley is another I want to keep my warranty per say

The Gintani Race I like the loud very loud and I like the black tips and how they fill the rear valance

The gears I want to add that low TQ but don't know the advantages to disadvantage. If someone could fill me in on that in detail I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
My guestimates:whp

#1 10
#2 5
#3 25-30 when done with appropriate flash
#4 no idea
#5 scoops: nada
filter: 5

Steve Dinan is a smart guy that makes good products. Go with their products if you want, but you're not keeping any warranty just because you go with them. If crap happens, you WILL end up paying after months of getting nowhere as Dinan and the dealer point the finger at each other. Also, if you're planning on getting free service at BMW during your "warranty" period, check with your dealer on how they feel about servicing a car with a catless exhaust that you're driving in. I doubt they'd give you much trouble with HFC's (which most people don't realize are also against EPA guidelines to install unless your current OEM cats are defective or warranty expired), but catless is a whole other story.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #25
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

wouldn't u do dinan flash last?
      03-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #26
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

all i know is i LOVE my Dinan Midpipe not only did it add a kick ass amount of power it made my car the best sounding car i ever had and one of the best i have ever heard and on top of that not one bit of drone. amazing work!!

not saying others don't make power, but when you are taking advil for your headache from the droning you will be sorry you didn't get it thats all i can say lol

just listen no drone at all

Last edited by H Bomb; 03-08-2010 at 12:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #27
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
all i know is i LOVE my Dinan Midpipe not only did it add a kick ass amount of power it made my car the best sounding car i ever had and one of the best i have ever heard and on top of that not one bit of drone. amazing work!!

not saying others don't make power, but when you are taking advil for your headache from the droning you will be sorry you didn't get it thats all i can say lol

just listen no drone at all

Nice AP lOl. Back on topic I still am undecided about the xpipe/mid. I will defiantly not be getting the Dinan rear cans I hate that fake tip design. So the cans will 100% be Gintani or anything other then Dinan. The mid im still doing my homework and advantages to disadvantages column lol. Thanks for the input.

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0