BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

06-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #23
Swangin818
68 Time Gold Medal Champion
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 LCI 07' CL550

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
If you really have financial issues then get rid of both cars. A warranty on the CL doesn't mean free maintenance. Driving a more frugal and practical car (like an Acura TSX or Honda Accord, etc.) won't dent your big fat ego. In fact it will show smart people that you're being smart, and that you value money by not sinking it into depreciating money holes like fancy cars (esp the CL which is dropping in value every minute of the day like a heavy rock in deep water.)

If you are in a financial bind you need to wake up and smell the roses. Having cars that make you look good but with no real money in the bank is like wearing a big cowboy hat and having no cattle.

Sorry but I'm sick of this bs of irresponsible people underwater all the time. Yeah, "shit happens" because you let it happen......
i appreciate the feed back, but i guess i worded it wrong. When i said financial issues everyone thought i was going bankrupt lol, but no what i meant was im making less money than i did before so maintaining the cl is fine for me for now , but as a daily i rather have something more frugal and cheaper. I was lucky enough to be in a position where i had enough money to pay the CL off but now as my income as decreased i simply want something cheaper for a day to day.
      06-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #24
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991/RR Sport AB

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
what kind of hit are you going to take on the 328?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #25
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swangin818 View Post
i appreciate the feed back, but i guess i worded it wrong. When i said financial issues everyone thought i was going bankrupt lol, but no what i meant was im making less money than i did before so maintaining the cl is fine for me for now , but as a daily i rather have something more frugal and cheaper. I was lucky enough to be in a position where i had enough money to pay the CL off but now as my income as decreased i simply want something cheaper for a day to day.
Do this:

1) sell the CL and loosen up some cash. The CL as a weekend car is losing value since it depreciates just sitting (it's not a collectible.) The CL will be worth less every year and if you aren't even driving it very often, then it is even worth less in respect to any use value. It's dead weight sucking up cash.

2) Take that cash and buy (no lease and no financing) a frugal car that is cheap to own, safe and comfortable to drive, but reliable (i.e., a Japanese car.) Don't worry what your friends say about what you drive. You will be one up on them eventually by having more money in the bank (which is all that really counts in the end.)

3) Get out of having payments on a 2010 BMW that you really don't need at this moment in your life. Take whatever financial hit you'll have to take, but get out of debt and out of the credit game.

4) Start saving now. Make a plan to have 4 years worth of 100% of your annual living expenses stashed away for a rainy day. Stash that in something that gains some interest (you need to fight inflation) but is readily available without any penalties. Once you have some excess cash, don't buy cars. Buy real estate and rent it out. Get cars later in your life and buy them only off of the profit from profits.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #26
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

^^^ this guy is spot on. Assets vs. liabilities. Most people never learn. Don't work for your money, make your money work for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #27
patrickguu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335ix

get a japanese car they are reliable
Appreciate 0