BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
carri0n m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x5M

quick: getting new winters balanced at Direct Tire

they are trying to upsell me to 50 dollar extra balancing service where they find some inflection point on tire and rim then put 750 lbs of pressure to figure out best road balancing. Anyone heard of this special type of balancing. Getting new winter tires on my car and I told them no thanks. Want to make sure I made right call
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Go somewhere else. The place I used when I was in the States, in CA of all places, charged me $15 to mount and balance a tire and that was balanced on the Hunter Road Force balancing machine, which is what they're talking about. If they want to charge you more then they're ripping you off.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Go somewhere else. The place I used when I was in the States, in CA of all places, charged me $15 to mount and balance a tire and that was balanced on the Hunter Road Force balancing machine, which is what they're talking about. If they want to charge you more then they're ripping you off.
I just had 4 blizzak winters installed by Discount Tire and they only charged me $7.50/tire for mounting/balancing...and they used the Hunter Road Force balancing machine. Also got a great price on the tires...Great service at Discount.

You do have to "ask" them to reduce their price on things like mounting...but that's all you should have to do. If they want the business they will drop their "standard" pricing...
Appreciate 0