BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

08-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #111
MiKc
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i

[QUOTE=Chris'_m3;10295979][IMG]http://www.m3post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=570712
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 04:36 AM   #112
shentographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i

Amazing! Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 05:10 AM   #113
Moe's M4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Just class! Awesome pics, and the environment couldn't be any better. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience. 1st class, all the way...
...that's life!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #114
bby.citsa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 525d

great pics. how much is a t-shirt with M ?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #115
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

I love taking photos, particularly car photos, but you take it to a whole different level. Thanks for sharing.
      08-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #116
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shentographer View Post
Amazing! Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe's M3 View Post
Just class! Awesome pics, and the environment couldn't be any better. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience. 1st class, all the way...
...that's life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog View Post
I love taking photos, particularly car photos, but you take it to a whole different level. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you guys! Very nice to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bby.citsa View Post
great pics. how much is a t-shirt with M ?
it was like 25 bucks or something.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #117
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Love the Fox Red on White, the car looks good too. Haha, only kidding. Looks like you had fun!
hahahaha! Dude, I just got your joke!!

Last edited by thorny; 08-28-2011 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #118
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #119
CMRA
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
For those of you who are interested in a photography lesson, here is the excerpt from another thread of mine.

....here is my recipe. A nice Digital SLR camera, I shoot with Canon 5D, then even more important is lens, you gotta have at least one high quality zoom lens, I prefer Canon L optics. They are expensive, but a nice camera and cheap optics is a waste of money, so if someone goes as far as buying a high quality camera, a nice lens is a must. Other than that - to shoot landscape you'd need a sturdy tripod; I use Gitzo, and a cable remote to prevent vibrations. To shoot portrait I use flash a lot.

Once you get all this, there is nothing to blame Just get out and shoot, try different angles, different time of day, inclement weather, etc. Avoid shooting in harsh sun. But no matter what you shoot watch your histogram, ideally it has to be shifted to the right without anything being blown out or severely underexposed. If you end up throwing away 15 exposures and keeping 1 - you're doing great. To get quality there is no other way than to shoot RAW, forget about jpeg. Your camera must be always set to shoot RAW unless you’re shooting a drinking party.

After that it is all about post-processing. There are a few masters of Photoshop on this forum, but Photoshop can be rather intimidating, and it is time consuming even for pros. I use it, but none of the pictures featured in this thread were processed in Photoshop, other that batch processing of resolution to fit the requirements of this forum. I process my RAW images in Lightroom 2. There is 3, but i haven't got to upgrading it just yet. This tool will take your images to a whole new level. Yes, I recommend reading a book on it, but it is a fraction of difficulty of mastering Photoshop. It has a lot of features, but all you really need to know is the Develop module. Its “General-Auto Tone” preset makes wonders, and you can google a bunch of other people’s presets and play around with them all day. Just don’t over-do it, it is easy to get carried away with all the controls.

That’s about it. It does take some dedication, not everyone is willing to carry around a backpack with photo gear and tripod and then sit and process the raw material.

Good luck!

And about lens from that same thread:

I'm using Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM - excellent walk around lens. if I had the money to buy just one, I'd get this one. http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ns-Review.aspx This is the best web site for canon equipment reviews, again in my opinion.

I also have Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM - this one has just stunning optics, it is a lot sharper than my 24-105, but it is not as versatile. If I had the cash at the time, I would have bought the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM, but it is a lot more expensive. Both of these are outstanding for portrait.

And the last one in my bag is Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM. This is not an "L" lens, but it is very very sharp (just as good as "L") and offers super wide aperture. Since it is a fixed focal length lens aka prime lens, I use it very seldom. I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you have a specific use for a 50 mm lens or a wide f/1.4 apperture.

Hope this helps!
That is good to hear. I love the 5D, all I had at the time was the budget for the 20D but I did upgrade to the 24-105 (love that lens!). The 70-200 is on my list and has been for some time! Great info and good advise. Thanks again!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #120
skazzy
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The Dharma Van

fantastic car, awesome camera, stunning pics! thanks for sharing your experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:21 AM   #121
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

Awesome I loved it!
      08-30-2011, 05:41 AM   #122
M3V10
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F20M

Amazing! Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 06:41 AM   #123
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:

Dude, you have so many enemies right now.

Awesome pics! It looks like you've been looking forward to this for a while, and hopefully it came to be everything you dreamed of. What a blast.

This is my personal favorite. This is what BMW should be all about. So much emotion and so many feelings captured and embodied in this image.

Congrats and enjoy in good health!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:24 AM   #124
gallian93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 cs/72 tii

Garage List
awesome dude... congrats!!!!
best ED photoshoot yet!!!
BTW .... love the pic of the GPS insanity!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #125
gallian93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 cs/72 tii

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post

Awesome pics! It looks like you've been looking forward to this for a while, and hopefully it came to be everything you dreamed of. What a blast.

This is my personal favorite. This is what BMW should be all about. So much emotion and so many feelings captured and embodied in this image.

honestly... i feel like he's waiting for the old guy to stop talking so he can start driving....
i remember my SA giving me the "talk" ... i want to just be a dick and say "ok... you need to get out of the car...now! i NEED to start driving!!!"
but i shut up and smiled and nodded til the bitter end
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #126
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post

Haha. Thanks! Well, as they say "M3 drivers don't have friends"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallian93 View Post
awesome dude... congrats!!!!
best ED photoshoot yet!!!
BTW .... love the pic of the GPS insanity!!!
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallian93 View Post
honestly... i feel like he's waiting for the old guy to stop talking so he can start driving....
i remember my SA giving me the "talk" ... i want to just be a dick and say "ok... you need to get out of the car...now! i NEED to start driving!!!"
but i shut up and smiled and nodded til the bitter end
The guy was cool and all, explained me everything I knew I read manual like 10 times before. But he kept touching the iDrive screen, and I just sat there and were thinking But kudos to BMW for doing this!!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #127
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, F8 Tributo, GR Supra

Question, when you guys drove through Switzerland, did you have to buy a sticker/vignette? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #128
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
Question, when you guys drove through Switzerland, did you have to buy a sticker/vignette? Thanks!
If you drive from Germany to Italy via Stelvio Pass, you will be driving in Switzerland for just a few miles, you probably won't even notice that you're in Switzerland if you don't pay attention and the road is very rural. You don't need to worry about the vignette.

We bought one for Austria at the gas station, but again we drove through Austria maybe for an hour or two. I think nothing would have happened if we hadn't bought the vignette. But it is like 30 bucks or something, so it's not a big deal.

In Italy and France, you don't need any stickers, but man you'll get tired of paying tolls - you can't drive a few yards without paying a damn toll in those countries!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #129
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, F8 Tributo, GR Supra

Quote:
If you drive from Germany to Italy via Stelvio Pass, you will be driving in Switzerland for just a few miles, you probably won't even notice that you're in Switzerland if you don't pay attention and the road is very rural. You don't need to worry about the vignette.

We bought one for Austria at the gas station, but again we drove through Austria maybe for an hour or two. I think nothing would have happened if we hadn't bought the vignette. But it is like 30 bucks or something, so it's not a big deal.

In Italy and France, you don't need any stickers, but man you'll get tired of paying tolls - you can't drive a few yards without paying a damn toll in those countries!
Awesome, thanks! How did you do in terms of speed, speed cams and tickets?

My trip is coming up, but I'll be picking up an MB in Stuttgart and will be driving down, so I'm still trying to finalize everything.

I was going to go down from the Black Forest into Lausanne, but now I'm thinking of just going to Milan and going back up to Germany from there.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #130
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
congrats love the color combo!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 04:15 AM   #131
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
Awesome, thanks! How did you do in terms of speed, speed cams and tickets?

My trip is coming up, but I'll be picking up an MB in Stuttgart and will be driving down, so I'm still trying to finalize everything.

I was going to go down from the Black Forest into Lausanne, but now I'm thinking of just going to Milan and going back up to Germany from there.
We did 1200 miles, I got no tickets, I have not seen any speed cameras or other bs. I was driving everywhere pretty much the same speed as fast going locals. I saw just one LEO during the whole trip! I drive with a radar in the US, but it felt like I didnt need one in Europe, plus I heard they are illegal over there.

I'd say - be careful, but dont worry too much. Europeans drive a lot faster than Americans, you'll love it!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #132
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
What can one say ... except one word that sums it all up ....

Ausgezeichnet !

PS. Happy trails always

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0