BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

04-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

need advertising help

im a funeral director in philadelphia. we are taking out billboard space in our community over the next 6 months for our family mortuary...i have some ads drawn up by a graphics designer for an ad we placed in our paper some time ago but we want to go a dif angle...with billboard advertising, less is more...im just on here looking for any one liners or pitch lines that might be interesting enough....

there is a funeral director in rochester ny who threw a billboard up like " stop the guns and violence and youll be my next guest"

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...5Mn5N0gtw.cspx

im sure some of you will joke but i am dead serious (no pun intended) with looking for some assistance...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

"When you kick it, we know where to stick it!"
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

"When its your turn, let us put you in the urn."
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

I think billboards are the wrong way to go. You want big telephone book ads, internet ads, and referrals from all the local churches, temples, and other religious affiliations.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I think billboards are the wrong way to go. You want big telephone book ads, internet ads, and referrals from all the local churches, temples, and other religious affiliations.
Jay's got it. a billboard is great for breast implants and food, not for dead people.

Churches and temples would be your best bet, maybe try and partner with the churches as a referral program and they can get a dead body kick back for every family referred. sounds gross but would be better then a billboard, Im my honest opinion..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
"When you kick it, we know where to stick it!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
"When its your turn, let us put you in the urn."
lol
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven 328 View Post
Jay's got it. a billboard is great for breast implants and food, not for dead people.

Churches and temples would be your best bet, maybe try and partner with the churches as a referral program and they can get a dead body kick back for every family referred. sounds gross but would be better then a billboard, Im my honest opinion..

our market is a lil different from the norm...but we do have ads with church bulletins in our targeted community...thats funeral directing 101...but you cant expect a 2 inch by 2 inch ad in a church bulletin to do anything to a funeral home...

phone books, of course...had full page for 30 years
internet, yup...have website too!

i was reluctant to throw a billboard up...i was...i know its a lil morbid and uncommon so i called the billboard company in the philly metro (clear channel) and not only did they give me about 2 dozen pics of other funeral home billboards across the country (just so i can get an idea about what looks good vs what looks bad) they also gave me a list of about a dozen of local funeral home and cemeteries that have billboard contracts now and what their ads look like...i was shocked

not only that.....but half of the billboard actually price advertised...yup..."veterans funeral package starting at 4395" "cremation services starting at 995"

in an age where people buck the trend to stay on top...funeral service is no different from any other service provider...morbid yes...but no different...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

" You stab um, we grab um "
      04-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #9
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

lawl ded? Call us!
________
TL1000S

Last edited by stimpy; 02-04-2011 at 06:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

"When your time comes, were the ones!"

"Sleep tight in our best white!"

"Best urns in town! Will look great on your mantle!"

"Buy one, get one half off"
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #11
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08rookie View Post
our market is a lil different from the norm...but we do have ads with church bulletins in our targeted community...thats funeral directing 101...but you cant expect a 2 inch by 2 inch ad in a church bulletin to do anything to a funeral home...

phone books, of course...had full page for 30 years
internet, yup...have website too!

i was reluctant to throw a billboard up...i was...i know its a lil morbid and uncommon so i called the billboard company in the philly metro (clear channel) and not only did they give me about 2 dozen pics of other funeral home billboards across the country (just so i can get an idea about what looks good vs what looks bad) they also gave me a list of about a dozen of local funeral home and cemeteries that have billboard contracts now and what their ads look like...i was shocked

not only that.....but half of the billboard actually price advertised...yup..."veterans funeral package starting at 4395" "cremation services starting at 995"

in an age where people buck the trend to stay on top...funeral service is no different from any other service provider...morbid yes...but no different...
As a marketer I have a couple questions you should think about:

1. Does Clear Channel provide you with any data that showing a rise in business after their customers advertised their funeral services on billboards?

2. Does Clear Channel have references who you can call and ask how their experience with billboard advertising went?

I'm still suspect that billboard advertising is the way to go. People seek your services when they need it and won't pay attention to it until the time comes. When the times comes, they won't remember a billboard advertisement they saw 1-2 years ago. Plus, more than likely a passer-byer will try to erase the image from their mind quickly because they'll see it as bad karma.

6,744 deaths on average occur everyday in the U.S. How many deaths occur everyday in your area? What percentage of those customers would most likely pass by your billboard? Then out of that number...how many would call you instead of a competitor? (how many competitors are in your area?)

From that you can create an ROI analysis and determine if its worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #13
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States