BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

EXXEL Distributions

07-11-2014, 02:15 AM   #133
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Car: 2002 BMW E46 M3

Service: Stage 2 Paint Correction

Comments:
-Although a fairly well kept example, the Phoenix Yellow paintwork lacked gloss and true depth
-The combination of swirls, contamination and some deep scratches on the roof were removed and in some cases only reduced.
-Another happy owner for this classic rejuvenated E46 M3!
(Apologies for the before and during photos - it was very hard to capture the imperfections)

Few photos:

For more photos, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=3
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #134
TWD
Australia
Rep

Car: 2014 BMW M135i

Service: New Car Preparation & Protection

Comments:
- Brand new car with some surface contaminants on the paintwork and work needed around the car from a poor pre delivery detail
- Gloss and depth added to paintwork with Nanosealant
- Some minor detailing was carried out on the exterior ultimately showing how a new car should really be presented

Pictures:

For more photos, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=1

Last edited by TWD; 07-24-2014 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 07:34 AM   #135
TWD
Australia
Rep

Car: 2012 Range Rover Sport

Service: Stage 2 Paint Correction & Interior Clean with Leather Condition

Comments:
- Although a fairly new car in reasonable condition, this RR had displayed some signs of typical cosmetic wear in the form of holograms and swirls
- Wheel wells and lower panels were heavily contaminated due to some offroad use.
- Interior was also covered in the usual contaminants along with stains and dirt on the extended leather.
- Clarity and gloss restored on this 4WD's exterior along with the freshening up of plastic parts.
- Leather was also restored back to its factory finish and yet again, another happy owner!

For more images, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=1

Last edited by TWD; 08-10-2014 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #136
TWD
Australia
Rep

Car: 2007 BMW E92 325i

Service: Stage 3 Paint Correction

Comments:
- From the get go, the paint looked tired, barely showing any depth or clarity
- Under flash, it was obvious the holograms and swirls were the ones concealing the Black Sapphire Metallic paintwork
- Although the car was in tidy condition, every panel suffered from paint defects
- Paint correction not ensured that defects were removed, but clarity and gloss were restored to the paintwork
- Not much time for 50/50 shots, so simply before and afters were taken on this one! Again, another happy owner

Few Before & After Photos:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

For more photos, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=3
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #137
TWD
Australia
Rep

Car: 2011 BMW 1M

Service: Stage 1 Paint Correction, Interior + Leather Condition and Engine Bay Detail

Comments:
- Although a fairly low mileage 1M, the entire car needed a once over to get it back to showroom level again
- Heavy contamination built up over time especially around typical areas including exhaust tips, engine bay and rear section of the car.
- Some etching marks on the bonnet were removed and the gloss was restored to the Alpine White paintwork
- Factory Fresh result and ready for a professional photoshoot

For more photos, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5321643&type=1
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 03:33 AM   #138
Azurite M5
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Comp Pack

Amazing work.
Any advice on removing water spots? Think they have been there for a while and etched into paint on roof, only noticeable under lights in garage.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 12:20 AM   #139
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez M3 View Post
Amazing work.
Any advice on removing water spots? Think they have been there for a while and etched into paint on roof, only noticeable under lights in garage.
Cheers!

Have you tried a quality quick detailer to see what happens? Even something like Nanolex Final Finish is a great product.

Worst case - they'd need to be polished out. The etch marks on that 1M were lightly sanded out and then polished over. Perfect results without any marks.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 05:36 AM   #140
Azurite M5
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Comp Pack

Thanks for the reply. Tried hand polishing with a mild paint cleaner and no improvement, think I'll have to try machine polish with some menzerna I have
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 06:48 AM   #141
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez M3 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Tried hand polishing with a mild paint cleaner and no improvement, think I'll have to try machine polish with some menzerna I have
Good idea...see how it goes! Start mild and if that fails, go aggressive from there
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #142
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
Good idea...see how it goes! Start mild and if that fails, go aggressive from there
Hi

I had some bird dropping on my CF roof today and quickly washed it. But somehow it etched and despite polishing it is still noticeable at least to me, which is very annoying. Any idea? Do you think I need a new clear coat or abrasive cutting will get rid of it. I don't know how deep it is. The bloody sh$t was on the car only for a day - went to work and return to see the mess. Any advice would be appreciate.
      10-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #143
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Hi

I had some bird dropping on my CF roof today and quickly washed it. But somehow it etched and despite polishing it is still noticeable at least to me, which is very annoying. Any idea? Do you think I need a new clear coat or abrasive cutting will get rid of it. I don't know how deep it is. The bloody sh$t was on the car only for a day - went to work and return to see the mess. Any advice would be appreciate.
You won't need a new clear coat, as the CF roof is clear coated and fairly thick anyway.

Interesting that it has etched within less than (assumed) 24 hours?
Was it a hot day today or was sun out on your car?

It should only require a massage with a medium polish. You shouldn't need too much on the CF roof. If you're still stuck, PM me
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #144
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post
You won't need a new clear coat, as the CF roof is clear coated and fairly thick anyway.

Interesting that it has etched within less than (assumed) 24 hours?
Was it a hot day today or was sun out on your car?

It should only require a massage with a medium polish. You shouldn't need too much on the CF roof. If you're still stuck, PM me
Soon as I got home I washed and tried to polish it off but of no avail. I don't know what crap birds eat these days. I used Maguire medium cut but it is still there. For the time being I have sealed the surface with a very thick coat of zymol wax. This is the first blemish in seven years of ownership and the first time I parked and caught the bus to work. I will try and PM you, hope you won't mind. Thanks
      10-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #145
TWD
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Soon as I got home I washed and tried to polish it off but of no avail. I don't know what crap birds eat these days. I used Maguire medium cut but it is still there. For the time being I have sealed the surface with a very thick coat of zymol wax. This is the first blemish in seven years of ownership and the first time I parked and caught the bus to work. I will try and PM you, hope you won't mind. Thanks
Don't mind at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 04:30 AM   #146
TWD
Australia
Rep

2010 Audi TT-S

Car: 2010 Audi TT-S Roadster

Service: Stage 3 Paint Correction

Comments:

- Taken to the local car wash at least 3 times a week, this Brilliant Black Audi had seen better days!
- Various heavy swirling and deep scratches all over the car. Some of the worst areas were on the top of the rear passenger guard.
- Roof was cleaned, vacuumed and fabric guard applied to seal
- A very nice turn around considering the initial condition of this car and yet another satisfied client

Few photos:

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #147
TWD
Australia
Rep

VW Golf GTi

Car: 2011 VW Golf GTi Adidas Edition

Service: Stage 2 Paint Correction

Comments:
- Although the car was generally tidy, various contaminants including tar marks and paint defects masked the true finish of the paintwork.
- Thorough decontamination focused more on the bottom half of the car including painted sections of the wheel arches, lower skirts and the rear bar
- Gloss was also improved white a bit on both the Tornado red paintwork and gloss black trim pieces.
- Car was picked up on the same night, so there are mostly only shots under garage lights.

Few Photos:

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #148
TWD
Australia
Rep

Car: 2011 VW Golf R

Service: Stage 1 Paint Correction

Comments:

- This Rising Blue Golf R was generally very well kept for its age and usage.
- The front end was covered in clear vinyl wrap and had been waxed previously, so various polish and wax residue remained in and around the edges of seams.
- Light swirls all over paintwork, noticeably heavier on sensitive gloss black plastics
- After rejuvenation, gloss and clarity were immediately added to the paintwork and metallic flake pop was noticeably improved.

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #149
TWD
Australia
Rep

Car: 2014 Mercedes-Benz C250

Service: New Car Preparation & Paint Protection

Comments:

- This Obsidian Black W205 Mercedes was only a week or so old but unfortunately was covered in a few nasty imperfections, including swirls, deep scratches and some polish build up in certain places around the car.
- With the preparation carried out and nanosealant applied, the car soon looked like it should have been delivered from factory.
- Depth and gloss amplified and minor detailing taken care of, the car looked stunning!

For more photos, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/TheWeekendD...type=3&theater
Appreciate 0