BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Help me out...exhaust choice.

I am torn between the Meistercshaft GTR and the Eisenmann Sport. I recently just purchased my ///M3 so I am new to the performance parts that one can purchase for this machine; can anyone provide me with some pros/cons on the above exhaust systems? Is one better than the other? Aren't they made by the same manufacturer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SZ
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
I am torn between the Meistercshaft GTR and the Eisenmann Sport. I recently just purchased my ///M3 so I am new to the performance parts that one can purchase for this machine; can anyone provide me with some pros/cons on the above exhaust systems? Is one better than the other? Aren't they made by the same manufacturer?

Thanks,
SZ
They are not made by the same manufacturer. From what I remember, Eisenhaus (now GTHaus), who manufacturers the Meisterschaft, also used to be a distributer for Eisenmann until they started selling fake Eisenmann units. Now, under their new name, they just make and sell the Meisterschaft systems.

I'm not sure which Meisterschaft would be comparable to the Eisenmann Sport. From everything I've heard, the Meisterschaft GT and GT2 are much louder and more aggressive than the Eisenmann Sport (more equivalent to the Eisenmann Race). I haven't heard either in person, but most people think both sound great. The Eisenmann costs significantly more, especially if you get the connecting pipes (so you don't have to cut the stock system), so if cost is a major factor, that would weigh in favor of the Meisterschaft.

Personally, I'd want a quieter setup, so the Sport is what I'd go with. The fact that many people have bought them and very few (if any) are for sale used tells me that it's a very, very good product. The pictures I've seen back that up.
      08-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
They are not made by the same manufacturer. From what I remember, Eisenhaus (now GTHaus), who manufacturers the Meisterschaft, also used to be a distributer for Eisenmann until they started selling fake Eisenmann units. Now, under their new name, they just make and sell the Meisterschaft systems.

I'm not sure which Meisterschaft would be comparable to the Eisenmann Sport. From everything I've heard, the Meisterschaft GT and GT2 are much louder and more aggressive than the Eisenmann Sport (more equivalent to the Eisenmann Race). I haven't heard either in person, but most people think both sound great. The Eisenmann costs significantly more, especially if you get the connecting pipes (so you don't have to cut the stock system), so if cost is a major factor, that would weigh in favor of the Meisterschaft.

Personally, I'd want a quieter setup, so the Sport is what I'd go with. The fact that many people have bought them and very few (if any) are for sale used tells me that it's a very, very good product. The pictures I've seen back that up.
Thank you for the great info. Although cost is a factor....I would hate to cheap up the M3 in anyway (not that either exhaust is cheap) or use parts that were not specifically made for it. The Eisenamann Sport is at the top of my list for now....hopefully some others will weigh in on this.

Thanks
SZ
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Do you want a loud or quiet exhaust? Either way, Eisenmann ftw
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Do you want a loud or quiet exhaust? Either way, Eisenmann ftw
I would like to step up the performance with a few extra ponies and capitalize on the already excellent stock exhaust note. A little louder won't hurt but I really don't want to lose some of the class the the ///M brings to the table. What do you recommend?

Thanks
SZ
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
IND took a tour to Eisenmann in Germany few months back. Really worth the read and makes you appreciate the effort Eisenmann puts towards their products.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...eisenmann+tour

Quote:
I would like to step up the performance with a few extra ponies and capitalize on the already excellent stock exhaust note. A little louder won't hurt but I really don't want to lose some of the class the the ///M brings to the table. What do you recommend?

Thanks
SZ
I'd recommend Eisenmann Sport. I wanted exactly what you did and couldnt be happier.

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/memZ-SQmp-o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/memZ-SQmp-o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
      08-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post
IND took a tour there few months back. Really worth the read and makes you appreciate the effort Eisenmann puts towards their products.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...eisenmann+tour

I'd recommend Eisenmann Sport. I wanted exactly what you did and couldnt be happier.

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/memZ-SQmp-o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/memZ-SQmp-o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Sounds so freaking awesome
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Is Eisenmann Sport as quiet inside as Dinan? And how much do they sell for with connecting pipes? The other big negative is they reportedly weigh more than stock. They sound nice though, but Dinan might sound better. I just want no drone inside the car, and Dinan is the quietest one in my research so far, but have other issues with it. It's always hard to make a decision without hearing them all (inside and outside the car) in person, but one thing is for sure: there's no perfect system. Good day.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Exhaust choice

Quote:

Thanks
SZ
Sounds like the Eisenmann Sport, which is what I have, would fit your bill. It definitely sounds better and is louder and deeper, but still very refined for a daily driver. And, it looks better than stock, bith the tips and canisters. Not especially light or inexpensive, though. I've had mine for over 6 months and would do it again.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #10
john@wickedparts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Going round and round

Quote:

Thanks,
SZ
You should check out the Vanguard Performance Ti system. With the current GB price, its a no brainer seriously. Makes great power up top, refined sound when you are just cruising but when you hammer it, it just amplifies what the M is supposed to sound like. Not some high pitched Ferrari or a muscle V8 but a impressive German high reving V8.

Vanguard impressions

[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zQSC6G79qRA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zQSC6G79qRA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks
SZ
Eisenmann Sport will be perfect for you
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Eisenmann Sport will be perfect for you
Dev, thanks for the input. Just heard the Vanguard and while it sounds good, I think the Eisenmann still sounds better. However, it does seem that the Vanguard has a weight advantage.

Does the Eisenmann Sport weigh more than the stock exhaust?

Thanks
SZ
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #13
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dev, thanks for the input. Just heard the Vanguard and while it sounds good, I think the Eisenmann still sounds better. However, it does seem that the Vanguard has a weight advantage.

Does the Eisenmann Sport weigh more than the stock exhaust?

Thanks
SZ
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't, but I'm not 100% certain since I have the Race. The race was definitely lighter than stock, I had to pick the stock pipes up and put them in my trunk with a friend. I felt a noticeable weight difference between the two. The Eisenmann Sport still should be lighter than stock, there shouldn't be a reason why it wouldn't be!

If you contact Nate@IND, he will answer any questions I'm unable to. He's a great guy, I got my exhaust from him! Let me know on what you decide
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
Vaheb
Crunkster
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: many

Eisenmann Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #15
PLAY_HRD
GOT M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

If you don't mind the stock exhaust look, I'd say forget the muffler upgrade route and go X-pipe. You can get a Fabspeed for around $700 and have it installed for about $200. Plus an X-Pipe will give you ponies that speak German.
      08-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
Periokid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYHRD View Post
If you don't mind the stock exhaust look, I'd say forget the muffler upgrade route and go X-pipe. You can get a Fabspeed for around $700 and have it installed for about $200. Plus an X-Pipe will give you ponies that speak German.
What I hate is the fact that the stock exhaust needs to be cut for the x-pipe.

I really wanted the x-pipe but to get a bolt on job would mean getting the sport cats too.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #17
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't, but I'm not 100% certain since I have the Race. The race was definitely lighter than stock, I had to pick the stock pipes up and put them in my trunk with a friend. I felt a noticeable weight difference between the two. The Eisenmann Sport still should be lighter than stock, there shouldn't be a reason why it wouldn't be!

If you contact Nate@IND, he will answer any questions I'm unable to. He's a great guy, I got my exhaust from him! Let me know on what you decide
Greg weighed both the stock and the Sport and posted the measurements around here somewhere (probably on the long Eisenmann thread). The Sport was about 2-3 pounds heavier than stock. This isn't a huge deal (won't be able to feel the 15 pound difference between the Sport and most other exhausts), but it certainly takes away one of the reasons to get an aftermarket exhaust.
      08-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #18
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Greg weighed both the stock and the Sport and posted the measurements around here somewhere (probably on the long Eisenmann thread). The Sport was about 2-3 pounds heavier than stock. This isn't a huge deal (won't be able to feel the 15 pound difference between the Sport and most other exhausts), but it certainly takes away one of the reasons to get an aftermarket exhaust.
I weighed (on same scale): 43.7# stock; 46.3# Eisenmann (both without connecting pipes). Surprising. Of course, the flip side more wieght is likely to be more durability.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #19
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thanks for all the great feedback! I'll keep you guys posted on what I end up doing and follow up with pics and video. However, keep the feedback coming....its great!

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #20
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Eisenmann RACE all the way!

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #21
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
Eisenmann RACE all the way!
I wish I can hear the race or sport in person. Anyone in the DC area that would like to show and tell? .....the first beer (or two ) are on me..LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #22
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Good amount of members are in VA with different setups. Maybe PM someone in this thread? http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286394