BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-19-2007, 11:44 PM   #45
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

Well, I need a car for college and this one fits my budget while the 335 doesnt. Personally as much as a BMW fanboy as I am, the performance per dollar thing bothers me to much to get a 328i... So this car made my short list... To bad I have to wait until August to drive one.
      06-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #46
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Well, I need a car for college and this one fits my budget while the 335 doesn't=.
Don't feel bad, I would have died for a car like that back in college. We live in a great time when it comes to performance cars, with great choices. Face it, the IS350, G37, 335, any one of these will run like a scalded dog!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #47
Greeney
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna3 View Post
Don't feel bad, I would have died for a car like that back in college. We live in a great time when it comes to performance cars, with great choices. Face it, the IS350, G37, 335, any one of these will run like a scalded dog!
Oh I dont, its just amazing the hate everyone has for any brand that threatens BMW here, it only makes our cars better guys
      06-20-2007, 01:36 AM   #48
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

screw infiniti and the rest of those JDM cars. German cars rule forever!

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 06:27 AM   #49
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Ease up on the pixie sticks bud.
      06-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #50
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

who cares? everyone has different opinions. Thats the way it always will be. Jeremy Clarkston loves the RS4, and so do many other people but just the other day I seen someone on this forum saying he hates his RS4. What I'm trying to say is that noone is going to agree on anything, so why dont you just buy what YOU like and what makes YOU happy. And all this "my car is faster" is a lot of crap. Not everyone buys cars for performance, and not everyone buys their car for looks, and not everyone buys their car because they have a limited budget...just buy what YOU want and stop downtalkin other people's rides....
      06-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #51
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
I hate to break up this little conversation , but have you seen the G37?

IMO it looks terrible. I love the lines of the G35, but it looks like the G35 got fat and bloated and they renamed it the G37.
one thing I have to give them though, at least the new one is an evolution of the old design rather than a clean sheet. The new version still leaves the older version looking like it's still in the family/still sort of current.

that's been one of the problems with Japanese marques luxury brands, every redesign leaves the old one looking tired and old, hence the terrible resale and lack of brand identity.

as much as I don't care for the product, I think infiniti/nissan is going in a more correct direction than acura/honda or lexus/toyota.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #52
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Time will tell when the two cars have been tested more side-by-side.
      06-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #53
younghov85
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 black 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
one thing I have to give them though, at least the new one is an evolution of the old design rather than a clean sheet. The new version still leaves the older version looking like it's still in the family/still sort of current.

that's been one of the problems with Japanese marques luxury brands, every redesign leaves the old one looking tired and old, hence the terrible resale and lack of brand identity.

as much as I don't care for the product, I think infiniti/nissan is going in a more correct direction than acura/honda or lexus/toyota.
This is so true. At least someone isnt being bias towards BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #54
007e92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645Ci

Garage List
2004 BMW 645  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
i bet you owned a rice rocket jdm car in the past too. and im not gonna deny it - so did i. LOL

Retired Rides:
07' e92
04' e46
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 01:11 AM   #55
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007e92 View Post
i bet you owned a rice rocket jdm car in the past too. and im not gonna deny it - so did i. LOL
No I honestly havent, we've had german cars since day one. I just dont like anything about jdm cars except their reliability.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2007, 03:46 AM   #56
M3tor2nR
///M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW E46 ///M3

I wouldn't be too surprised if the G37 will be slightly faster than the 335i.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2007, 07:17 AM   #57
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3tor2nR View Post
From a few comparos already done, the 335i is still faster than the G37...0-60mph and 1/4 mi.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #58
eugeneb86
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW X3 -ending lease 9/07

quality

I owned a g35coupe back in 03 when they just came out, payed the inflated lease rate to drive that car. It was amazing when i got it, but after driving for about a year, i had problem after problem with the quality of the car. I had my drivers side window slide down while driving, or worst when it was parked --FOR NO REASON, my seats squeaked like no other, the steering wheel vibrated like a ____, and i knew exactly where every bump and pebble was on the highway, felt it in my spine. btw, there are more problems, sunroof got stuck a few times in the open position, needed new front pads every 3 months, but i heard the 2005 model fixed that glitch, and you know how the window goes down a little when u open the door and back up when you close the door, that stopped working. It was impossible to keep bringing the car into the shop...and i did stop, i said f*ck and drove it to the last day of the lease and went back to BMW. I had a used X5 before the G35coupe, but now i went for the X3. They lease amazing, i got the panaromic roof as standard--thats amazing, and then i got every option offered and my payments were $100 less every month then the fully loaded G35 coupe. Ive had it for over a year now, and no problems, same asmy old X5. Now in september, i need to make a decision for a new lease. I loved how the G35 drove and sounded when i wanted to have fun, but as soon as the weather wasnt perfect, i avoided the car like the plague and drove my other car (2004 ML- another shit car, but Mercedes announced they are cutting profits from 3 billion to 1 billion and putting that money into thier cars, so hopefully they will be good again). I am also considering the 335i, and even the new X3. i test drove it and it had servotronic, what an amazing feature.

....i think i lost where i was going with that rant, but heres the point, BMW quality is amazing, but i heard Infiniti really changed thier game and are just as good these days.
any opinions?
      06-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #59
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugeneb86 View Post
I owned a g35coupe back in 03 when they just came out, payed the inflated lease rate to drive that car. It was amazing when i got it, but after driving for about a year, i had problem after problem with the quality of the car. I had my drivers side window slide down while driving, or worst when it was parked --FOR NO REASON, my seats squeaked like no other, the steering wheel vibrated like a ____, and i knew exactly where every bump and pebble was on the highway, felt it in my spine. btw, there are more problems, sunroof got stuck a few times in the open position, needed new front pads every 3 months, but i heard the 2005 model fixed that glitch, and you know how the window goes down a little when u open the door and back up when you close the door, that stopped working. It was impossible to keep bringing the car into the shop...and i did stop, i said f*ck and drove it to the last day of the lease and went back to BMW. I had a used X5 before the G35coupe, but now i went for the X3. They lease amazing, i got the panaromic roof as standard--thats amazing, and then i got every option offered and my payments were $100 less every month then the fully loaded G35 coupe. Ive had it for over a year now, and no problems, same asmy old X5. Now in september, i need to make a decision for a new lease. I loved how the G35 drove and sounded when i wanted to have fun, but as soon as the weather wasnt perfect, i avoided the car like the plague and drove my other car (2004 ML- another shit car, but Mercedes announced they are cutting profits from 3 billion to 1 billion and putting that money into thier cars, so hopefully they will be good again). I am also considering the 335i, and even the new X3. i test drove it and it had servotronic, what an amazing feature.

....i think i lost where i was going with that rant, but heres the point, BMW quality is amazing, but i heard Infiniti really changed thier game and are just as good these days.
any opinions?
I drove 2 Infiniti's -- a modded and loaded '04 G35 Sedan and a loaded '03 FX35...no problems with either one (other than squeaky brakes on the FX35). I would suggest driving the '08 G37 Coupe and the '07 or '08 BMW 335i and compare...only you can make the right choice for you.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 06-30-2007 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2007, 03:32 PM   #60
eugeneb86
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW X3 -ending lease 9/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
I drove 2 Infiniti's -- a modded and loaded '04 G35 Sedan and a loaded '3 FX35...no problems with either one (other than squeaky brakes on the FX35). I would suggest driving the '08 G37 Coupe and the '07 or '08 BMW 335i and compare...only you can make the right choice for you.
thanks, i guess i had a lemon from the factory. i picked it up and it had 7 miles on it.

Time will tell
      06-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #61
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: By the seat of her pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
who cares? everyone has different opinions. Thats the way it always will be. Jeremy Clarkston loves the RS4, and so do many other people but just the other day I seen someone on this forum saying he hates his RS4. What I'm trying to say is that noone is going to agree on anything, so why dont you just buy what YOU like and what makes YOU happy. And all this "my car is faster" is a lot of crap. Not everyone buys cars for performance, and not everyone buys their car for looks, and not everyone buys their car because they have a limited budget...just buy what YOU want and stop downtalkin other people's rides....

100% agreement

You summed it up perfectly great post!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 09:03 AM   #62
Rugs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

After driving the new G37 6mt last week, here's my take on it...

Like a few other people on this forum, my previous car was an Infiniti G35 Coupe. I had the car for Four years with no problems at all. I had several mods, some purchased & other One-Off Mods that I fabricated myself. http://www.g35frenzy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4842.

I took my G35 6mt Coupe about as far as I could take it regarding Street & Track handling & NA bolt on mods.

It was a Good performing car on the Street and in several Track, Drifting & Drag racing events. IMO though, the G35/37 in it's stock form it's not in the same league as the 335i in build quality or performance. I traded mine in on an e93 335i July 21st & have no regrets.

When my Wife and I were first married she had a convertible. Then the kids came along and we sold it and another car to raise extra money for a down payment on a larger home in an area with better schools. I know she’s always missed that convertible the way she Looked at them & Smiled when one would drive by. So after four selfish years of modifing the G35, I felt it was time to share the love & get a convertible.
The 335cic fit the bill perfectly with a few turbos for me and a convertible for my patient & understanding Wife.

G37 6mt teast drive: Thanks to Lawrence, an Auto-Broker Buddy of mine for bringing a New G37 6mt over for me to drive. Like everyone else, I was impressed with the the new upgraded interior. But strangely the drivers side arm rest is about 2" to 3" lower than my G35's was, so I couldn't rest my left elbow on it while holding the steering wheel (Wierd). Overall it had a nice tight feel on the road. It drove & handled really nice. The new 6mt gearbox & shifter with a smaller shift knob for "08" was really smooth & effortless. The steering though felt Way Overboosted, almost like my Mom's old Cadillac. This may have been due to the 4wheel Active Steering Package, but I doubt it.

The one thing that stood out the most though was the LACK of POWER, compared to my Modified G35 & e93! Accelerating through the gears it felt flat & no Wow facter. Almost like the emergency brake was on, but it wasn't.
I know when my G35 6mt was new, it felt sluggish until around 3,500 miles after break in, then it really woke up. Maybe that's the case with this G37, or perhaps this was just a slower example of one. In either case I think my Honda Odessey in a straight line would give this one a run for the money...

Overall, I was More Impressed with the Performance of Infiniti's New "07" G35 SEDAN.
I look forward to driving another G37 soon to see if this was just an isolated case.

But as for my impression of this example of the G37 6mt. It has all the refinement my Modified G35 Coupe lacked, but none of the Soul...
SMART-Top /One-Off Opaque Vinyl EYELIDS / 30% TINT / A.C.SCHNITZER Pedals / "M" Tri-Color Wheel w/Paddles / EIBACH Pro-Kit / AKEBONA F. & EBC RED-STUFF R.Dustless Pads / Drilled & Slotted ROTORS / MIRO M6 Reps / MICHELIN PS2's / U.R.Coated DP's / CYBA-QUAD Exhaust Tips / BMS-TUNED...

Last edited by Rugs; 09-05-2007 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #63
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugs View Post
The one thing that stood out the most though was the LACK of POWER, compared to my Modified G35 & e93! Accelerating through the gears it felt flat & no Wow facter. Almost like the emergency brake was on, but it wasn't.
I know when my G35 6mt was new, it felt sluggish until around 3,500 miles after break in, then it really woke up. Maybe that's the case with this G37, or perhaps this was just a slower example of one. In either case I think my Honda Odessey in a straight line would give this one a run for the money...

Overall, I was More Impressed with the Performance of Infiniti's New "07" G35 SEDAN.
I look forward to driving another G37 soon to see if this was just an isolated case.

But as for my impression of this example of the G37 6mt. It has all the refinement my Modified G35 Coupe lacked, but none of the Soul...
It was the lack of TQ in the Infiniti G37 which didn't make you go "WOW" like it does in the 335i. Just think of that and then add another 100WHP and 100 lb-ft. RWTQ with the PROcede v2.0 on a 335i...and instead of saying "WOW," you might pee in your pants and say "OMFG," but with a huge grin on your face!!!! :rocks:

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 01:22 AM   #64
choiffer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
2006 G35 Coupe  [0.00]
I had a 2006 G35 coupe and ordered a 2008 335i Coupe over the G37S. I guess its everyone's own opinion but I do not really like how the G37 looks. I really loved the concept until they showed the real thing and was very dissapointed. But, as for speed, quality, interior.... same shit. Every car has their advantages and disadvantages.... honestly the only disadvantage I can think is worthy to mention is the high price of the BMW. If a fully loaded BMW was 42k MSRP (around what the G37S fully loaded goes for) I'm predicting that the 335i coupe would get even more sales than they are already getting. But even with the price I ended up buying the 335i coupe. The 06 G35 Coupe was such a great car....too bad I sold it because I got a DUI and lost my license for a year.
      09-06-2007, 06:23 AM   #65
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3tor2nR View Post
NOT.....And Hell NO to the OP's original question.......
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #66
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

I don't believe the G37 out handles a 335i (with Sport suspension in the case of the e90), call me skeptical until I see some comparison lap times.

The lack of factory LSD on the 335i, now that is inexcusable.

As to resale, my last car, an 06 M45 Sport, had a higher residual then the 545i it was competing against for my dollars.
Appreciate 0