BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

06-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #111
askiles
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan - Alpine White

That is me. They were great in the beginning, and they rapidly went downhill. I gave them the befefit of the doubt to beging with, and really tried to talk them up. Now I hope they go out of business.

-Andy
      06-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #112
dmerk1978
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e 90 m3 sedan aw

Garage List
2009 red bad ass wagon  [10.00]
2008 E90  [0.00]
2007 Denali  [0.00]
2006 550i  [0.00]
2004 clk 500  [0.00]
haaaaahaaaahaaa how things change, i just got news today that my wheels have been delayed a week, so now its my turn
      06-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #113
D1911
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 S2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by miktrebla09 View Post
Hmm..I'm assuming this is you?
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=269184

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the "great guys at 360"
Let us know how it goes...
I just read through this thread...
I bet what happened was the incorrect wheels you recieved were already built and sitting in their inventory and they knew they were incorrect but they shipped them to you anyways in hopes of pocketing some money.

Sorry about your luck
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #114
askiles
Major
Rep

That could be. I do have bad luck when it comes to these matters.

-Andy
      06-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #115
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
man that sucks

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #116
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by askiles View Post
That could be. I do have bad luck when it comes to these matters.

-Andy
Perhaps it's not a matter of "luck" at all. More likely, it's all about due diligence in making smart purchases, particularly when there is plenty of info already available on a particular vendor.
      06-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #117
askiles
Major
Rep

Maybe. I still say luck. In this case I was dumb, but in other cases it has been luck.

-Andy
      06-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #118
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1911 View Post
I just read through this thread...
I bet what happened was the incorrect wheels you recieved were already built and sitting in their inventory and they knew they were incorrect but they shipped them to you anyways in hopes of pocketing some money.

Sorry about your luck
That sounds right. They had to pay some bills and wanted to be able to say they can ship NOW, knowing they wouldn't fit right.
Now they got some cash and can take their time fixing the wheels.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #119
askiles
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
That sounds right. They had to pay some bills and wanted to be able to say they can ship NOW, knowing they wouldn't fit right.
Now they got some cash and can take their time fixing the wheels.
That could be it, but most likely not. with 3 piece wheels, you only have to have the center section machined correctly to fit the vehicle, and then the lips are built to however you want it. They built them with the wrong lips.

-Andy
      06-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #120
Wheel'$ForLe$$
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Andy, not sure what the problem is. Your fitments were not off, the 275 tire in the front is completely wrong for starters causing your fitment issues. Your rubbing in the rear is caused by your selection of a 305/30 for an aggressive offset. You say that your paint was peeling, we said no problem we will pick them up and pay for the shipping back and forth to get them fixed. Once received inspection CLEARLY showed it was caused during improper installation with a large tool causing scuffing to the edge of the bolt holes. If the paint was actually peeling it would be in other areas not involving being impacted. We took care of it anyway.

In the end we sent you a set out with your custom finish in a very timely manner. You were not happy with fitments or finish, so no questions asked we picked them up to fix them. We had to order new outers upon your request, rebuild, re-seal, and re-mount your wheels out of our own expense and then ship them back to you. We actually completely re built them to fit your tire set up and never complained during the process. We would also update you right away when you needed an update. Again not sure what the problem is, your tracking number shows that you will receive the wheels latest tomorrow and they look incredible. I hope when you get them you are more than satisfied with them!

please pm me or call me if you need any more information on them
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #121
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

WOW, Im glad Im doing my research on EVERYTHING (MOD) that Im going to be getting...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #122
askiles
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forged DST View Post
Andy, not sure what the problem is. Your fitments were not off, the 275 tire in the front is completely wrong for starters causing your fitment issues. Your rubbing in the rear is caused by your selection of a 305/30 for an aggressive offset. You say that your paint was peeling, we said no problem we will pick them up and pay for the shipping back and forth to get them fixed. Once received inspection CLEARLY showed it was caused during improper installation with a large tool causing scuffing to the edge of the bolt holes. If the paint was actually peeling it would be in other areas not involving being impacted. We took care of it anyway.

In the end we sent you a set out with your custom finish in a very timely manner. You were not happy with fitments or finish, so no questions asked we picked them up to fix them. We had to order new outers upon your request, rebuild, re-seal, and re-mount your wheels out of our own expense and then ship them back to you. We actually completely re built them to fit your tire set up and never complained during the process. We would also update you right away when you needed an update. Again not sure what the problem is, your tracking number shows that you will receive the wheels latest tomorrow and they look incredible. I hope when you get them you are more than satisfied with them!

please pm me or call me if you need any more information on them
I will post this again...

You are absolutely wrong. I worked with Miguel in the beginning, asking if the 275 & 305 would work, and he said those would be good, and look awesome. The fronts were built wrong, and you guys verified that. IT is funny how you still are lying! It was worked out in the beginning, 360 knowing that I would be using these tires, and knowing that my car was lowered, and I wanted absolutely no rubbing. This just proves that you guys don't know how to make wheels, as you made them WRONG!!

As far as the paint chipping, I told you guys a million times, and I will say it one time again, I installed them myself, and did them by hand. I never hit the paint at all. Plus, if all it took was me touching it, they must be absolute shit, as the paint does not stick. Your mistake is using paint to begin with.

You took them back because you had no choice, you guys royally screwed up. You also did not do it in a timely manner. It took you longer to fix the stupid wheels, than it did to make them in the beginning! On top of that, if you would have told me it would be several weeks, I wouldn't be so irate, but I was told countless times that they would either ship out on a certain day, or they HAD shipped. I don't know what I ever did to you to make you think you could just outright LIE to me, but you did. I paid you a ton of money for these wheels, and you treated me like trash.

It is funny how they were shipped out, right after you saw PayPal coming after my money, and no sooner. Bastards. I will get my full refund, and nothing less at this point.

-Andy