BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

that's same reason why I love my E90M3.
Good job, Charles!

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Last year, when I was deciding on what car I would buy as my "toy", I still needed to think about how the car would be used. A pure two seater sports car, while no doubt appealing on one level, would have left me with very few opportunities to actually drive it. This week, my wife and I are up at our vacation home by ourselves. Still, I needed the full trunk space of our e92 and some of the back seat space to fit everything we were bringing up. No way this would have fit in a 911 or something thereabouts. Likewise, the 140 mile drive wouldn't have been nearly as tolerable in a pure sports car.

So, even as a pure pleasure vehicle, there are practical elements that must be considered if one is actually going to be able to enjoy it. As such, the M3 is just superb. The right amount of sport, the right amount of comfort, and enough utility that I can actually use the thing, even when the primary focus is play time.
      10-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Are you from the UK?
Nope, just watch too much Top Gear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasé Zomé View Post
Hahahahaha... he said saloon... trying to sound all sophisticated.

How's Baby P's hearing after that trip bro?
Lol, I dunno what to call the E90, and sedan just sounds so.....Ford Taurus-like.

P is doing well, despite not being able to hear me anymore after riding in the M over the weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
great!
I wanted to post a similar pic, but didn't take any during my trip

Took my E90 M3, went on a 1500 mile round trip with 3 people, 2 full size (tour size) golf bags, luggages, sleeping bags etc for 4 days.

Loved the power on highways, great sound system, surprisingly quiet cabin @ 70~80mpg 6th gear (MT), loved all the talks and funs during the trip, most importantly it was my official long trip with the M3.

For me, the sedan just makes more sense, and when it's an M3 sedan...can't compare or trade for anything else...
Usefulness is key, although a P-car will def. be in my future at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
I believe it.
Anyway, dog cute, baby cute, in a nice SSII dropped E90 makes a joyful trip.
Gracias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
that's same reason why I love my E90M3.
Good job, Charles!
Thanks Tommy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Last year, when I was deciding on what car I would buy as my "toy", I still needed to think about how the car would be used. A pure two seater sports car, while no doubt appealing on one level, would have left me with very few opportunities to actually drive it. This week, my wife and I are up at our vacation home by ourselves. Still, I needed the full trunk space of our e92 and some of the back seat space to fit everything we were bringing up. No way this would have fit in a 911 or something thereabouts. Likewise, the 140 mile drive wouldn't have been nearly as tolerable in a pure sports car.

So, even as a pure pleasure vehicle, there are practical elements that must be considered if one is actually going to be able to enjoy it. As such, the M3 is just superb. The right amount of sport, the right amount of comfort, and enough utility that I can actually use the thing, even when the primary focus is play time.
I love the usefulness, but hate large cars. The E90, and similarly sized/powered cars, are the perfect compromise.
      10-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post

Totally

Just did a 1500 mile round trip with 2 kids and the wife to VIR from Chicago last month and don't think there's a car on the planet I would have rather had. Love it
Attached Images

10-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
Kasé Zomé
Captain
Rep
Drives: faster than my demons can fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
P is doing well, despite not being able to hear me anymore after riding in the M over the weekend!
Nice! Dub is letting me get an exhaust. Debating between Akra Evo and EAS OEM modified. With X, I'm not sure what I'll do!

Weather is cooling down. Play date for the kids?
      10-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #28
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasé Zomé View Post
Nice! Dub is letting me get an exhaust. Debating between Akra Evo and EAS OEM modified. With X, I'm not sure what I'll do!

Weather is cooling down. Play date for the kids?
Talk to Kit (exhaust slut) about the exhaust options.

Sure thing about the play date...hit me up on FB!