BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

Mporium BMW

12-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Feeler: Gintani Ceramic Coated Axle-Back Exhaust E92/E93

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Update: SOLD

I bought and installed this Gintani axle-back for my E93. I ran it about 500 miles but then got the crazy idea to trade in the E93 for an E92. Now that I have the E92 I'm thinking of taking the E92 in a totally different direction than the E93 when it comes to mods.

So, I'm thinking about selling the exhaust. My wife is pretty bummed about this as she loves the sound, but springs and other mods ain't cheap (nothing is with the M3) and our--ahem--"agreement" is that I fund "new" mods with proceeds from "old" mods. (You know what they say "happy wife happy life".)

This is the direct bolt-on kit that replaces the stock muffler unit. It fits the E93 and E92 (not the E90)--I double checked with Gintani so there's no question about that. It weighs significantly less than the stock unit; it's in great condition; it's ceramic coated; and it sounds otherworldly. Here's my original detailed review. There are other reviews out there as well (search). If you have a mid-pipe, cat or resonator delete, or other exhaust pieces I can't recommend this unless you really want a loud system (Nawaaz has such a set-up). However, if you're looking for an axle-back system to spice up the sound, and you want a performance bump, a lighter-than-stock system, and one hell of a mean and unique sounding exhaust this is a great system!

I'm asking 1,400 plus paypal fees and shipping. Send me a PM me if you're interested. I'm in the Sacramento area and if anyone is within the Norcal region (within reason) I might even consider running it over or meeting up halfway to cut down on shipping time/expense (and mainly just because I love any excuse to drive)!

Last edited by Finnegan; 09-26-2010 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

That is a beautiful exhaust. I have been looking into AA's, how would you compare the two?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Thanks, it really is a beautiful system. The exhaust guys I had install it locally, both of whom are older guys who have been custom making exhausts for American Muscle since the late 50s, commented on how nice and clean the design was and on the quality of the craftsmanship.

Regarding a comparison to the AA...Wow! That's a difficult question to answer! I haven't heard the AA....

From what I've read here's what I know. The AA has a higher pitched tone while the Gintani is deeper sounding. Gintani's system is a bit lighter. I think the Gintani is louder as well. Gintani has the best performance increase of any axle-back out there (again, based threads I've read and some dynos that a few folks did). But in all fairness I can't "prove" these things, and I haven't experienced them firsthand, I didn't run my own before/after dynos, so please consider the statements above subjective opinions.

There are guys on the forum who have had/heard both, and have personally experienced the performance differences, and hopefully one of them will chime in.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

Regarding a comparison to the AA...Wow! That's a difficult question to answer! I haven't heard the AA....

From what I've read here's what I know. The AA has a higher pitched tone while the Gintani is deeper sounding. Gintani's system is a bit lighter. I think the Gintani is louder as well.
This is pretty much bang on. I have an AA exhaust and someone I know has the Gintani and I have heard them side by side.

Good luck with the sale - the Gintani is a very nice exhaust. Love the sound.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Thanks Jaypod!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Congrats on the sale, Finnegan.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 03:09 AM   #7
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Congrats on the sale, Finnegan.
Thanks!

Sold it to another Texas native and I'm sure it went to to a nice home!
Appreciate 0