BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #67
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

In general, e46 M3 owners do have more attitude than e92 M3 owners. Yesterday, I gave a nod to a convertible graphite e46 M3 owner at the fisherman's wharf while waiting at a light. He had his top down and just stared at me while passing. Did no nod back or anything. And he was old. Like mid 30's. Some people need to get off their high horses.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #68
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
In general, e46 M3 owners do have more attitude than e92 M3 owners. Yesterday, I gave a nod to a convertible graphite e46 M3 owner at the fisherman's wharf while waiting at a light. He had his top down and just stared at me while passing. Did no nod back or anything. And he was old. Like mid 30's. Some people need to get off their high horses.
Ha! funny to hear "thirties" as being old... at the Berkeley meet this past saturday there was an older fellow in a E46M3. he couldnt help but to act a little arrogant cause he had some shiny wheels that my friend was checking out. full disclosure, i think they were some generic BS wheel too... however the the guy just started braggin about turning heads as he drives by...
sheeesh... does anyone remember the definition of being humble?

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #69
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
You obviously missed the point buddy. Not ranting but I just can't tolerate stupid people. The guy thought I probably drive a shitty car and kept raving about his e46 M3. He met me first time. For him, it was a big achievement to drive an e46 M3 at age of 26 with his own money. If you drive a Lambo or Ferrari at age 26, yes you are successful. Driving a $30k car is not. I am 25 and paid for my car on my own. And I know for a fact that I am way behind success.
While I don't think anyone should brag, owning a $30K car while 26 is a big deal. When I was that age, I couldn't afford that. After rent, bills, repaying school loans and other costs, $30K is quite a lot of money for a car. What you mean by "success" is totally in your mind. Not everyone measures success in terms of how much money you have.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #70
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
OLD! you muthafka!

Just kididng but it is really funny how 30's is old now. I think opposite. I have late 40's friends and I think they are still pretty young in the looks and personality department... im 35 so im almost a wizard to you.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #71
My 10th BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3

Quote:
Old
My age is the same # as the cost of My car.
But I bet I will spend 100K on a car before Im 100 years old
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #72
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmist222777 View Post
Ha! funny to hear "thirties" as being old... at the Berkeley meet this past saturday there was an older fellow in a E46M3. he couldnt help but to act a little arrogant cause he had some shiny wheels that my friend was checking out. full disclosure, i think they were some generic BS wheel too... however the the guy just started braggin about turning heads as he drives by...
sheeesh... does anyone remember the definition of being humble?
Well there you go. I don't know what wrong with people. When I used to own a bike, everyone gives you nod while riding. Why can't M people be like that? I always nod or do thumbs up but 75% time I get nothing back. I end up looking stupid in front of my gf or friends.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #73
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
While I don't think anyone should brag, owning a $30K car while 26 is a big deal. When I was that age, I couldn't afford that. After rent, bills, repaying school loans and other costs, $30K is quite a lot of money for a car. What you mean by "success" is totally in your mind. Not everyone measures success in terms of how much money you have.
I am sorry sir. I got your point. But all I was saying that I wouldn't go numb if a skyline or lambo pulled up next to me because I didn't brag to those guys about my car. As I said earlier, I am always nice and very humble to people. But I love it when people end up looking stupid because they brag about something to someone without knowing about the other person's possession.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #74
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
OLD! you muthafka!

Just kididng but it is really funny how 30's is old now. I think opposite. I have late 40's friends and I think they are still pretty young in the looks and personality department... im 35 so im almost a wizard to you.
I am so very sorry sir! I didn't mean to say mid 30's is old. Just older than me. Old would be def mid to late 40's. You are the superior being
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #75
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 10th BMW View Post
Old
My age is the same # as the cost of My car.
But I bet I will spend 100K on a car before Im 100 years old
That doesn't matter. What matters is how much fun you have had in your past life. I still have a long way to go but I hope I can drive 10's BMW by that time!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #76
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
I am so very sorry sir! I didn't mean to say mid 30's is old. Just older than me. Old would be def mid to late 40's. You are the superior being
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #77
My 10th BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3

Quote:
That doesn't matter. What matters is how much fun you have had in your past life. I still have a long way to go but I hope I can drive 10's BMW by that time!
Your so right !
Life is too short, so enjoy it to the fullest.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #78
azndrunk74
Major
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black F10 M5

damn, i'll def be on the lookout for this douche. i should actually start taking pics as well...i'd have a decent collection by now lol.
2014 Frozen Black F10 M5 | Agency Power HFC Downpipes | Custom Open Flash Stage 2 Tune | KW HAS kit | 3D Design Lip | 3D Design Skirts | 3D Design Spoiler | IND Front & Rear Reflectors | IND M5 Badge | M Performance Steering Wheel | M Performance CF Shift Knob | Pedal Haus Pedals & Paddles | Turner Exhaust |
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #79
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndrunk74 View Post
damn, i'll def be on the lookout for this douche. i should actually start taking pics as well...i'd have a decent collection by now lol.
serious~!

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #80
Sakred
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZBE92 View Post
this is what happens when you don't hit your kids
True statement.
      01-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #81
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: uhhh wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucewonder View Post
thats what happend when last gen M3s get too affordable. Same is happening for the e92m's soon
^ 100% True.

And it sucks I purchased my car brand new and a week later I am in a parking lot...
Some dude walks up to me and asks "how much you get that for? 45K?" And continued to speak about his "cousin" who just bought my exact car for 45k.

I just gave him a smile and pretended I didn't speak english... Just to avoid a possible /elitistdouchebag moment.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #82
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by meez View Post
^ 100% True.

And it sucks I purchased my car brand new and a week later I am in a parking lot...
Some dude walks up to me and asks "how much you get that for? 45K?" And continued to speak about his "cousin" who just bought my exact car for 45k.

I just gave him a smile and pretended I didn't speak english... Just to avoid a possible /elitistdouchebag moment.
What a dumbass...

I've seen that before. When you tell someone you paid a high price or brand new price, they always think you paid too much and they can or had a better deal.

Used cars are a mixed bag too. The cars may look exactly the same on paper - mileage, price, color, options etc... but you go see the two in person and they are totally different. No two cars are the same. So you can't just say, "Oh, those cars go for $45k" and apply that to all the cars. That $45K car may be great or it may be a lemon. KBB doesn't know the difference.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #83
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Well there you go. I don't know what wrong with people. When I used to own a bike, everyone gives you nod while riding. Why can't M people be like that? I always nod or do thumbs up but 75% time I get nothing back. I end up looking stupid in front of my gf or friends.
When I owned a bike, I gave a friendly nod to all other bikers, but it was not always returned. Guys on Harley's and Gold Wings were really bad about it. I think it's the same with other M drivers.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #84
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: uhhh wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
When I owned a bike, I gave a friendly nod to all other bikers, but it was not always returned. Guys on Harley's and Gold Wings were really bad about it. I think it's the same with other M drivers.
I have only run into a few friendly M owners who I would give a head nod too, and they would respond positively. The majority of the M drivers will just scoff at me and look forward again.

I noticed in my Acura RSX, 90% of the people would gesture back to me in a positive way.
Subarus are REALLY good with this. It seems like every time I drive around in my friends STi, every other STi or Impreza owner will give him a thumbs up... And we respond with a smile.

I am sorry to admit it guys, but we drive the Ultimate Douche Machine.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #85
Talk2meg00se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meez View Post
I have only run into a few friendly M owners who I would give a head nod too, and they would respond positively. The majority of the M drivers will just scoff at me and look forward again.

I noticed in my Acura RSX, 90% of the people would gesture back to me in a positive way.
Subarus are REALLY good with this. It seems like every time I drive around in my friends STi, every other STi or Impreza owner will give him a thumbs up... And we respond with a smile.

I am sorry to admit it guys, but we drive the Ultimate Douche Machine.
I think that it's an LA thing. When I had my M3 in PHX, virtually all M drivers waved or responded to a wave.

Majority of M drivers in SoCal are apparently too cool for school.