BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

07-23-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5, '19 750i

Since this board seems to be the best place to get started to fix your BMW here are some questions again. Thanks for your help!

1. Exhaust issue
My wife's car's exhaust gives an ill noise (no clue how to describe it) when it is cold and gets started. It is a short noise and lasts for a half a sec or less only. It is like some resonance. This has been on for a while and the service rep told me that it is normal and every 335 does it. It did not annoy me much as I never drive it andit goes away once the car is warm. Yesterday so it happened I was right behind the vehicle and I have noticed there was no exhaust smoke coming out on the left exhaust. Then I have asked her to rev the engine but nothing came out on the left side. I guess something has been very broken inside. Now I know why her car consumes 20 mpg instead of 25.

2. Auto Tranyy
Erratic transmission when you start moving after a long stop, like at traffic lights. It gets worse if the car is on a uphil. Sometimes the car starts moving smoothly, but if the wait was long (over 20-30 sec) it often gives a big kick when it starts to roll. It is like if some mechanism would hold the car and release a bit too late. Other than that no other issues with the tranmission.

Anyone with either of the above issues please comment. I will bring it in of course ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Try e90post.com

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5, '19 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post

Try e90post.com
sorry... can someone move this plz
Appreciate 0