BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #23
heart_doctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOSS M
After CPR, AED?????
Four round of cpr, epinephrine, shock ... I'm sorry to say... He didn't make it ... 😓
      06-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #24
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
Sorry for the slight diversion on the thread, but about twenty years ago, while nighttime on a freeway at-speed, I hit a skunk.

So what, keep going.

But the smell gets stronger and stronger as the miles go on.

Had to turn off the air conditioner.

Finally, stopped on the shoulder to see what-the-heck is going on...?

2/3 of the skunk remained on the top half of the bumper at the front grill.

Had to walk about 500 feet in the dark until I found a stick long enough to scrape that off the car.

Moral: anything that smashes UNDER your car is usually better than anything that lands on TOP of your car.

- V

lol hilarious!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #25
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanz_S65 View Post
Really dude? I'm assuming you're describing a raccoon, possum, fox, size animal. You're a doctor so smart enough to pass med school...flesh and bones should have zero mechanical damage to steel and aluminum. If it cleared the front bumper and did no cosmetic damage you're fine.
Expect a raised eyebrow if you describe the event to your SA at the dealer.
Not trying to be a message board dick, but in the words of Cris Carter "C'MON MANN"
Was there a need for that?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #26
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

no damage im sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #27
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast, very very fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKixxon View Post
Agreed. And even worse is what I can only describe as a PUNCH. Ever hit a deer? Thankfully I have not, but I've seen it first hand and it'll flat mess up a car and ruin your day. And the deer's.

Edit: just saw the post directly above and I was referring to a live deer. They walk right down my street.
I grew up in Alaska. Now in upstate NY deer are a common animal accident and yes they will do some serious damage, but just imagine what a full grown Alaskan moose will do...
I've had friends with fill sized Dodge and Chevy trucks hit moose and they total the truck. In cars they almost always kill everyone in the car too as the body comes straight through the windshield.
My HS girlfriend actualy hit one in her car, but she was very lucky to be going too fast. Probably the first time in history lol. She took off all four legs with the car and the car flew under the body of the moose before it came crashing down. Craziness. I know it's a bit off topic here, not trying to hijack the thread, just made me remember this and felt like sharing.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #28
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKixxon View Post
Agreed. And even worse is what I can only describe as a PUNCH. Ever hit a deer? Thankfully I have not, but I've seen it first hand and it'll flat mess up a car and ruin your day. And the deer's.

Edit: just saw the post directly above and I was referring to a live deer. They walk right down my street.
I grew up in Alaska. Now in upstate NY deer are a common animal accident and yes they will do some serious damage, but just imagine what a full grown Alaskan moose will do...
I've had friends with fill sized Dodge and Chevy trucks hit moose and they total the truck. In cars they almost always kill everyone in the car too as the body comes straight through the windshield.
My HS girlfriend actualy hit one in her car, but she was very lucky to be going too fast. Probably the first time in history lol. She took off all four legs with the car and the car flew under the body of the moose before it came crashing down. Craziness. I know it's a bit off topic here, not trying to hijack the thread, just made me remember this and felt like sharing.
Graphic
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #29
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
Graphic
Granted. Apologies.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #30
nks_bb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90M ZCP

Ran over a dead raccoon with my lowered e92 and everything was fine. You'll be ok
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #31
cotenseto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: B6 S4

Why not just put the car on a lift and check it out to be sure?

I don't know how you drive heart doc, but most folks with M3s drive spirited at the least and occasionally break speed limit laws

If you are trusting your life to a piece of equipment, whether in the medical field, or an auto, don't you want to inspect it before use to avoid an in-use failure?

c
      06-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #32
pbw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 240i xdrive g42

Garage List
Over the years...
1 x pigeon
1 x rabbit
2 x grey squirrels
They should learn the green cross code!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #33
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

if it cleared the front bumper you'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #34
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Well look at it on the bright side, its better to run over dead animals instead of live one's,lol.
      06-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #35
jimf15e
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79 View Post
To stay off topic... sorry, saw this on mythbusters and guess what? They busted it - not possible, it's just another urban (or rural in this case) legend.
(Sold) 2006 BMW 330i/Jet Black/Black
(Sold) 2005 Audi S4/Moro Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #36
cambit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 COUPE

I would put the car on a lift and check the Rear trailing arms. they get bent easily. I bent mines when I ran over some debris on the Freeway.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #37
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black M3 DCT

I've unfortunately hit and claimed the lives of a cat, 2 possums, a raccoon, a turtle (I think), prob 4-5 birds and 1 unknown. 1 goose collided into my car at a stop. Luckily all the damage was done by my accord and old toyota Camry.

... Mother Nature isn't my friend...

Last edited by CDM3DCT; 06-06-2013 at 01:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #38
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimf15e
Quote:
To stay off topic... sorry, saw this on mythbusters and guess what? They busted it - not possible, it's just another urban (or rural in this case) legend.
Not starting a pissing match here, but it did happen. I saw it with my own eyes. I have not seen the episode of Mythbusters your referring to, but in a case like this there are some factors that may or may not be able to be reproduced. How tall was the moose on the show? How fast was the car going? Just because it failed there does not make it impossible to ever happen. She was in a lowered, suped up Prelude and hit the moose going well over 125mph. It flew right over the top of her car. Smashed in the front bumper, cracked the top of the windshield and ripped off her spoiler. That was about it.
Not making stuff up, I was there and I saw it. Just sayin.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #39
4corners
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Coupe

Garage List
I have hit rabbits in the desert here several times. BIG rabbits. It destroys the under belly composite parts under the front bumper and pushes in the honeycomb grill in the center intake. I'm replacing all three belly pan pieces today. I'll take a couple pics.

Update: pic of new parts.

Last edited by 4corners; 06-07-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #40
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart_doctor View Post
Four round of cpr, epinephrine, shock ... I'm sorry to say... He didn't make it ... 😓
Did you turn off the poor beast's AICD at the end. Be a shame for that to continue to fire. Also I hope you achieved core measures for the animal lest Medicare come after you. I would document the EF and whether an ace-I or BB was indicated, get a screening colonoscopy, get an FLP and give the pneumovax and influenza vaccines.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #41
jimf15e
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Not starting a pissing match here, but it did happen. I saw it with my own eyes. I have not seen the episode of Mythbusters your referring to, but in a case like this there are some factors that may or may not be able to be reproduced. How tall was the moose on the show? How fast was the car going? Just because it failed there does not make it impossible to ever happen. She was in a lowered, suped up Prelude and hit the moose going well over 125mph. It flew right over the top of her car. Smashed in the front bumper, cracked the top of the windshield and ripped off her spoiler. That was about it.
Not making stuff up, I was there and I saw it. Just sayin.
Cool, myth unbusted!
(Sold) 2006 BMW 330i/Jet Black/Black
(Sold) 2005 Audi S4/Moro Blue/Black
Appreciate 0