BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

09-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Timmo
Registered
Rep
Drives: coming soon

F$ck yo telepathy...

Do you hate it when people mind your business or pay attention to you.
Sometimes you just don't want a certain persons attention or business,right..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

you mad ?
      09-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

right?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
Do you hate it when people mind your business or pay attention to you.
Sometimes you just don't want a certain persons attention or business,right..
I know.. It is the worst when people pay attention to you. How am I supposed to hide in the shadows and live my life of introversion with all of these people trying to look at me.

Back to your cave troll...
      09-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
OP: Screw you guyz......
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Despite the cryptic writing style, I think I know what OP's saying. Forgive the inevitable tangent.

It seems that so many people are used to knowing everything about everyone they know. What used to be menial, boring, and trivial information is now cause for a phone call - everyone tells everyone everything, and very publicly. Everyone is the center of their own little self invented and self absorbed universe and can sometimes take offense, or take it as someone being rude, when someone doesn't want to scrutinize every detail of every thought, purchase, occurrence, or situation, no matter how minute and inconsequential it is, when it is in fact their own overreaching and intrusive self-interest "lets talk about ourselves" attitude that is rude and intrusive.

Sure, things happen out of the ordinary happen, and occasionally warrant a discussion. But the perception that your coffee tasted better yesterday than it did today is not a cause for an in-depth conversation, does not require analysis of how the barista was carrying themselves and the emotional implications of such, and is not at all what I consider to be an exchange of relevant information.

These type of people are so obsessed with the fact that they can be connected to so many things so quickly they can't just simply do anything anymore. They can't just drive, just shop, or just walk through the park. Their multitasking minimizes their ability to effectively do anything. The more they stay connected, the more they are disconnected with what is actually happening. And if that's what they want, that's fine, but the lack of consideration that I'm in the store to buy a few things, and not in the store to buy some things while overhearing some loudmouthed and oblivious ignoramus' recount and critical commentary of the costume selection of someone's daughter's dance recital while they walk slowly and aimlessly in front of me, is when their own conceited notion of how to comport themselves in "society" starts to warrant a negative response from me.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Timmo
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
you mad ?
No.
Just saying,sometimes you just can't get your attention away from someone else,no matter how hard you try.Is it me or them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
right?
I don't understand??
Sorry..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I know.. It is the worst when people pay attention to you. How am I supposed to hide in the shadows and live my life of introversion with all of these people trying to look at me.

Back to your cave troll...

That's what I'm trying to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
OP: Screw you guyz......
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Despite the cryptic writing style, I think I know what OP's saying. Forgive the inevitable tangent.

It seems that so many people are used to knowing everything about everyone they know. What used to be menial, boring, and trivial information is now cause for a phone call - everyone tells everyone everything, and very publicly. Everyone is the center of their own little self invented and self absorbed universe and can sometimes take offense, or take it as someone being rude, when someone doesn't want to scrutinize every detail of every thought, purchase, occurrence, or situation, no matter how minute and inconsequential it is, when it is in fact their own overreaching and intrusive self-interest "lets talk about ourselves" attitude that is rude and intrusive.

Sure, things happen out of the ordinary happen, and occasionally warrant a discussion. But the perception that your coffee tasted better yesterday than it did today is not a cause for an in-depth conversation, does not require analysis of how the barista was carrying themselves and the emotional implications of such, and is not at all what I consider to be an exchange of relevant information.

These type of people are so obsessed with the fact that they can be connected to so many things so quickly they can't just simply do anything anymore. They can't just drive, just shop, or just walk through the park. Their multitasking minimizes their ability to effectively do anything. The more they stay connected, the more they are disconnected with what is actually happening. And if that's what they want, that's fine, but the lack of consideration that I'm in the store to buy a few things, and not in the store to buy some things while overhearing some loudmouthed and oblivious ignoramus' recount and critical commentary of the costume selection of someone's daughter's dance recital while they walk slowly and aimlessly in front of me, is when their own conceited notion of how to comport themselves in "society" starts to warrant a negative response from me.

No encryption,probably explained it wrong.
I know what you mean.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #8
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post

One word sums this up: Twitter
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
One word sums this up: Twitter
The thing about Twitter is it's something one brings upon themselves. You have to be signed up and logged in, and either have tweets pushed to you or actively check them. You choose whose tweets you get and whose you don't. If you don't like what someone says, they're gone.

I can't unfollow someone and make them less likely to cut me off because they're texting. Nor can I unfollow someone and mute their asinine retarded conversation about whatever.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
Timmo
Registered
Rep

Sometimes people can be puppets..

Appreciate 0