BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
pepper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

hope no one has to cancel siruis subscription..

well, I have to say Sirius has a horrible customer service..

-you can't cancel online
-you have to find the number to cancel, it's not on a sub menu
-you have to wait forever on hold
-you get to talk to someone who doesn't speak English when you do get to talk
-you have to get transferred to a different apartment if you want to cancel
-you get to get put on hold again to get to someone who can cancel your account
-they ask for all your info once again

have fun guys, in addition for some reason they wanted $75 to cancel, then I had to wait on hold for another 10 to get that taken off..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

doesn't it just end after the 1 year free trial
      03-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

I'm addicted to my SiriusXM so no desire to cancel here...RED DRAGONS!!!
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

i canceled on the phone with some lady when i got my new car but yet they continue to call me 2 times a week! i finally told them to put me on there do not call list so by law they cant call me. now if i can just get them to stop emailing me junk i would be set!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
doesn't it just end after the 1 year free trial
Yes, but I bet the OP renewed with a credit card. I've read you should NEVER do that with sat radio . Better to just send a check a couple of weeks before expiration IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

How do you look up an account on iDrive? My radio's been going for 2+ years now, not charging my credit card since I purchased my car preowned. I called them, and they can't find my account based on my VIN number, so I have to somehow go into iDrive and find the account ID or reciever ID.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^^ if your getting it for free just let it go

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
My radio's been going for 2+ years now, not charging my credit card since I purchased my car preowned.
That's great. With all my previous cars, sat went out exactly at the end of the trial period, but just noticed the other day it's still working on my M3 . I only like a couple of stations to be honest, plus I don't drive much at all, so no renewals for me. I thought it was off, but pressed the wrong button and noticed it was still on 2 months after the expiration. The good news is they don't know you listen to it, so don't worry. Plus they give you the good deals after the trial expires, so just wait until it's cut off.

How old was your used car when you bought it? Oh, excuse me, your 'pre-owned' car ? Never heard of a subscription going for that long. Wonder if selling dealers or Sirius/XM pay for the trial period; maybe dealers forget to remove the cars or something. Everything is done electronically, so somebody must have put the wrong date, or dealer didn't cancel the subscription. I'm curious now. Take care.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
dwaynemosley
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

These days neither XM nor Sirius turns off the radio at the end of the subscription. They send an invoice for the renewal if you don't have a credit card on file. Somewhere around 90 days after the contract end date, they will cut the service off and invoice you for the period that you didn't pay. If you don't pay, they'll turn you over to a collection agency. If you call their internal collection department using the number they leave when they call your home, they resist backdating the subscription or abating the fees. If you tell them that you didn't ask for the automatic extension they're trying to invoice you for, along with the fee to generate a late invoice, and late fees, they will tell you that their online customer service agreement that you have agreed to has this language in it, and you are obligated to it.

There is a silver lining. If you call their regular customer service departments and pursue renewal with them, they WILL cancel the fees and allow you to re-subscribe at some very inexpensive rates. They won't just immediately roll-over on the fees, but if you talk to them nicely and agree to renew, they'll remove the fees. If you do not resubscribe or agree to pay the fees, they typically turn you over to a collection agency which starts a whole new bundle of calls and letters.

All of this is certainly not a particularly good way to endear customers to you over the long haul.
      07-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
Suprane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynemosley View Post
These days neither XM nor Sirius turns off the radio at the end of the subscription. They send an invoice for the renewal if you don't have a credit card on file. Somewhere around 90 days after the contract end date, they will cut the service off and invoice you for the period that you didn't pay. If you don't pay, they'll turn you over to a collection agency. If you call their internal collection department using the number they leave when they call your home, they resist backdating the subscription or abating the fees. If you tell them that you didn't ask for the automatic extension they're trying to invoice you for, along with the fee to generate a late invoice, and late fees, they will tell you that their online customer service agreement that you have agreed to has this language in it, and you are obligated to it.

There is a silver lining. If you call their regular customer service departments and pursue renewal with them, they WILL cancel the fees and allow you to re-subscribe at some very inexpensive rates. They won't just immediately roll-over on the fees, but if you talk to them nicely and agree to renew, they'll remove the fees. If you do not resubscribe or agree to pay the fees, they typically turn you over to a collection agency which starts a whole new bundle of calls and letters.

All of this is certainly not a particularly good way to endear customers to you over the long haul.
Very useful info, to say the least. I hope anyone with a free one year subscription not wanting to renew is following this.
I'm not knocking Sirius, I just did'nt get to it between the exhaust notes and my ipod. Anyway, when my year was up (I did not want to renew) they could not automatically bill by credit card because the number had changed. So they started calling my cell phone twice a day, sometimes 3 times. I finally asked to be put on a no caller list. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THEY STOP CALLING YOU. Your'e right, really an assho__ company philosophy regarding customer relations.