BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

06-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #45
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
That's EXACTLY why it's impressive.
no its not impressive, lets see him pitch against some better teams and give them time to watch film and get used to his style and THEN we will see if he is a good pitcher, not against the horrible pirates
      06-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #46
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
no its not impressive, lets see him pitch against some better teams and give them time to watch film and get used to his style and THEN we will see if he is a good pitcher, not against the horrible pirates
You really aren't too good at covering all of your bases, are you? (no pun). You originally said that you did not think that it was impressive that he sold out the Nationals ballpark. Now you are arguing that it's not impressive because he was playing the Pirates. I suggest you either remember what you were talking about previously or go back and read your posts before responding.

As a side note (albeit more on topic), I think that your statements about his ability are ludicrous. Just because you have allegedly pitched at a high level before and you are on an internet forum in which no one knows your identity you can slam him and then come back and say "oh well it's not like I'm calling him a bad pitcher". Sounds like you are just trying to further your own agenda to me, which is letting everyone know how much of a badass you once were. You are doing this by putting someone else down that is superior while at the same time making everyone aware that you are experienced on the subject. It's called the e-peen syndrome iirc.

Last edited by bolinp78; 06-10-2010 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #47
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You really aren't too good at covering all of your bases, are you? (no pun). You originally said that you did not think that it was impressive that he sold out the Nationals ballpark. Now you are arguing that it's not impressive because he was playing the Pirates. I suggest you either remember what you were talking about previously or go back and read your posts before responding.

As a side note (albeit more on topic), I think that your statements about his ability are ludicrous. Just because you have allegedly pitched at a high level before, you think that because you are on an internet forum in which no one knows your identity you can slam him and then come back and say "oh well it's not like I'm calling him a bad pitcher". Sounds like you are just trying to further your own agenda to me, which is letting everyone know how much of a badass you once were.
in that last post it had nothing to do with the tickets, i was saying i wasnt impressed he did good against the pirates, how hard is it to sell out a crowd that has never had anything to look forward? my statements arent ludacris and if you knew anything about pitching and what it takes to be a career hall of fame pitcher or the "truth" you would understand what im saying, anyone can do good when you have the world behind you cheering, lets see what he does when he pitches in wrigley or yankee stadium...just because i didnt make it doesnt mean i dont know what it takes to be a curt schilling, or john smoltz, greg maddox,roy halliday, roger clemens who were gaurenteed to give you a chance to win every game 90% of the time(thats just a guess percentage)
      06-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #48
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
in that last post it had nothing to do with the tickets, i was saying i wasnt impressed he did good against the pirates, how hard is it to sell out a crowd that has never had anything to look forward? my statements arent ludacris and if you knew anything about pitching and what it takes to be a career hall of fame pitcher or the "truth" you would understand what im saying, anyone can do good when you have the world behind you cheering, lets see what he does when he pitches in wrigley or yankee stadium...just because i didnt make it doesnt mean i dont know what it takes to be a curt schilling, or john smoltz, greg maddox,roy halliday, roger clemens who were gaurenteed to give you a chance to win every game 90% of the time(thats just a guess percentage)
You are pretty terrible at spelling some of the biggest names in the industry (Boras, Maddux, etc).

Greg Maddux thinks he'll be a pretty good player, I met him a few months ago.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #49
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm
I think he's pretty good, we'll see throughout the season how he pans out.

But to sell out a NATIONALS game- that's pretty damn impressive!
Quote:
Originally posted by CollinsE90
no its not, they havent had a single thing positive so far but him, they have been a terrible team since they started...but they are making great strides with the harper kid and stephen to try to boost the team, hopefully they become a contended for october in a few years
      06-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #50
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
are you a fucking retard? all you have to contribute is try to pwn me? because you wont in this subject...every year ESPN blows players out of proportion and then when they fall on their face they talk about how much of a disappointment they are compared to what they thought, it gets ratings end of story...lets see what his situation is after 2 seasons before you judge the kid, its like saying the day honda cars came to the US that they would be the most reliable cars in 20 years before actually letting the test of time come into play
      06-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #51
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Quote:
are you a fucking retard? all you have to contribute is try to pwn me? because you wont in this subject...every year ESPN blows players out of proportion and then when they fall on their face they talk about how much of a disappointment they are compared to what they thought, it gets ratings end of story...lets see what his situation is after 2 seasons before you judge the kid, its like saying the day honda cars came to the US that they would be the most reliable cars in 20 years before actually letting the test of time come into play
I don't think that there's anything wrong (especially in this day and age) of letting certain things fall out of perspective. I understand that there are plenty of promising prospects that never pan out in the long-run.

This guy has great stuff at any speed, including his fastball, and pitchers like that don't come around very often. We all understand that pitching in division 1 college is much different than pitching in the pros. That's a given. But there's nothing wrong with hyping a guy. Just because you once hyped yourself in your own mind and that didn't pan out doesn't mean that it's wrong for others to be hyped before they step on the mound.

The bottom line is you told us that we should wait to see what happens with the guy before thinking he is a pitching god, and then later you hypocritically told everyone that he's not as good as everyone thinks. So your premature opinion matters, but no one elses' does? Cart before the horse. You aren't exactly the clearest, most consistent person on these boards, to put it mildly.
      06-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #52
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't think that there's anything wrong (especially in this day and age) of letting certain things fall out of perspective. I understand that there are plenty of promising prospects that never pan out in the long-run.

This guy has great stuff at any speed, including his fastball, and pitchers like that don't come around very often. We all understand that pitching in division 1 college is much different than pitching in the pros. That's a given. But there's nothing wrong with hyping a guy. Just because you once hyped yourself in your own mind and that didn't pan out doesn't mean that it's wrong for others to be hyped before they step on the mound.
your not reading my posts i guess, there are plenty of guys that have had his type stuff but couldnt deliver it in the game and get it across the plate, so the coaches changed there mechanics to drop them down and throw strikes, zumaya for example...every pro pitcher that touches mid to upper 90's could throw 100, but it wouldnt be a strike and make them successful and get W's...im not saying the kid doesnt have a chance to be great, im saying i hold my judgement of any rookie pitcher until he has settled in the bigs and gave the hitters a chance to dial him up, if he still is a tough guy to hit 4 years from now, then i will say he is a great player

edit; just saw your edit, and its MY opinion he wont be the "truth", i think he will fade out to be a decent pitcher, but my opinion doesnt mean he wont be good

and i said he wasnt as good in my FIRST post, and explained why which to me is cart after horse buddy
      06-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #53
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

The bottom line is you told us that we should wait to see what happens with the guy before thinking he is a pitching god, and then later you hypocritically told everyone that he's not as good as everyone thinks. Cart before the horse. You aren't exactly the clearest, most consistent person on these boards.
ouch.

Seriously Collin, whether it is true or not it just looks like you are being a pure HATER. Is there some animosity between you and Strauss? There's something going on here.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #54
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Quote:
your not reading my posts i guess, there are plenty of guys that have had his type stuff but couldnt deliver it in the game and get it across the plate, so the coaches changed there mechanics to drop them down and throw strikes, zumaya for example...every pro pitcher that touches mid to upper 90's could throw 100, but it wouldnt be a strike and make them successful and get W's...im not saying the kid doesnt have a chance to be great, im saying i hold my judgement of any rookie pitcher until he has settled in the bigs and gave the hitters a chance to dial him up, if he still is a tough guy to hit 4 years from now, then i will say he is a great player

edit; just saw your edit, and its MY opinion he wont be the "truth", i think he will fade out to be a decent pitcher, but my opinion doesnt mean he wont be good
To the contrary, it appears that I understand what you are posting better than you do.
      06-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #55
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
ouch.

Seriously Collin, whether it is true or not it just looks like you are being a pure HATER. Is there some animosity between you and Strauss? There's something going on here.
no im not, you guys are just trying to be dicks because you have nothing else to add to the convo other than trying to make me feel bad, no im not hating on the kid, i just dont judge players based on media and one game
      06-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #56
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Quote:

So this is just a roundabout way of you telling us that you don't agree with out opinions that he is a badass? It appeared to me that you were saying that only your premature opinion matters, and that anyone that was hyping him was wrong for doing so.
      06-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #57
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So this is just a roundabout way of you telling us that you don't agree with out opinions that he is a badass? It appeared to me that you were saying that only your premature opinion matters, and that anyone that was hyping him was wrong for doing so.
you can hype him all you want, you can put a shrine for all i care in your room, i was just stating my opinion which is different then people who sit behind their TV and just state what the announcers say
      06-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #58
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
you can hype him all you want, you can put a shrine for all i care in your room, i was just stating my opinion which is different then people who sit behind their TV and just state what the announcers say
You think your shit doesn't stink because you had a what you think was a successful pitching career when in fact you were just some shit who didn't make it man.

I happen to be friends with a former MLB pitcher who had Tommy John Surgery himself. If he believes in his stuff, I'll take his word over YOURS.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #59
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Quote:
no im not, you guys are just trying to be dicks because you have nothing else to add to the convo other than trying to make me feel bad, no im not hating on the kid, i just dont judge players based on media and one game
I know plenty about baseball and about pitchers. I may not know as much as you because you have experience, but I've at least added a few tidbits to the conversation.

When you come off as brazenly offensive as you did, you have to expect to get chewed on. You basically told us that it was your opinion that he wasn't going to make it, and then you told us that you have to wait and see what happens with the guy before hyping and saying what a good player he is. So, as I mentioned before, to you it's only your opinion that matters (presumably because you believe that you have 100% of the collective experience here)
      06-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #60
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You think your shit doesn't stink because you had a what you think was a successful pitching career when in fact you were just some shit who didn't make it man.

I happen to be friends with a former MLB pitcher who had Tommy John Surgery himself. If he believes in his stuff, I'll take his word over YOURS.
Ok believe him, im not asking you guys to take my advice, im just voicing my opinions
      06-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #61
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Quote:
As far as announcers go, I only quote John Madden.
      06-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #62
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know plenty about baseball and about pitchers. I may not know as much as you because you have experience, but I've at least added a few tidbits to the conversation.

When you come off as brazenly offensive as you did, you have to expect to get chewed on. You basically told us that it was your opinion that he wasn't going to make it, and then you told us that you have to wait and see what happens with the guy before hyping and saying what a good player he is. So, as I mentioned before, to you it's only your opinion that matters (presumably because you believe that you have 100% of the collective experience here)
i really wish i could sit down and talk to you guys in person about my past and explain in detail why i have these opinions, you would understand where i am coming from and realize im not just as ass that is hating, im not that type of guy but it doesnt matter, you wont believe me

and just remember there are 1000's of hall of famers in the world that arent because of not being seen, wrong place, or injury etc...
      06-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #63
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
i really wish i could sit down and talk to you guys in person about my past and explain in detail why i have these opinions, you would understand where i am coming from and realize im not just as ass that is hating, im not that type of guy but it doesnt matter, you wont believe me

and just remember there are 1000's of hall of famers in the world that arent because of not being seen, wrong place, or injury etc...
ok man, truce.

Perhaps it was just your delivery that sounded pretty bitter.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #64
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ok man, truce.

Perhaps it was just your delivery that sounded pretty bitter.
i will admit my first post in the thread came off bitter, i should of worded it better
      06-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #65
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
He isn't as good as everyone is saying he is, they are just blowing his cock for the fans to get publicity and viewers, as well as sell tickets...I've pitched my whole life and I could go head to head with him if I was still playing
As an ex-baseball player, I have to say I vehemently, yet respectfully, disagree with your assessment sir. Although, I can't comment on your pitching skills because I've never seen you on the bump.

Strasburg is extremely talented, and there are many respected members of the baseball media who are in the HOF who are amazed at the kid's stuff.

I do agree with the notion that you can't crown him based on one start. He's got serious potential, a good work ethic, and he appears to have his head screwed on correctly.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0