BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

01-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #199
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
Portland does it again...
we'll see you Friday!
      01-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #200
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i View Post
we'll see you Friday!
And I repeat, "Portland does it again"
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #201
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
9 in a row in the Rose Garden. Hope we don't meet them in the playoffs.
Kobe going back to chucker mode. We need Gasol back bad.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #202
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
well, as a lakers fan, i'm embarrassed and disgusted for that game. it's obviously to me that portland has more heart and professional pride in them than the lakers..

- so what's the lakers excuses now? hmmm..let's see
we have gasol injured...oops, portland was without oden, pryzbilla, and others
- the lakers are the reigning champs...uhh, portland played as if their lives are depended on it, with lots of heart
- lakers players said, " well, portland played harder and smarter, and somehow we couldn't match their energy" well, i say lame excuse
- the whining, crying baby that of bynum, even withou gasol, still sucks and still whines

bottom line is, all of these guys are supposedly professional athletes and yet they just mail it in sometimes. granted, it's only 1 of 82, but i just can't justify a good reason for their loss other than lazy, gutless, and unprofessionalism on the lakers part....
so now they're on a streak and i predict the streatk continues tonight...sigh
      01-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #203
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

so here we go, a monster 8-gamer on the road...to test our mettle...it's gonna be tough since kobe continues to hog the ball, realizing that he's hurting the team offensively...well, we'll see...go UPS!!!!
      01-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #204
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

kobe failed at 4th quarter.. tried to match lebrons shot but failed miserably..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #205
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
kobe failed at 4th quarter.. tried to match lebrons shot but failed miserably..
lakers as a team failed! no team work or play...even the old Gasoft showed up....
      01-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #206
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
lakers as a team failed! no team work or play...even the old Gasoft showed up....
It all starts with Kobe. He can't be chucking 30 shots every night. He needs to pass the ball more than keep on trying to do it all himself.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #207
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
It all starts with Kobe. He can't be chucking 30 shots every night. He needs to pass the ball more than keep on trying to do it all himself.
a broken record...i doubt if he listens to us fans or his coaching staff..
      01-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #208
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

if gasol could make his dunk or free throws would be a whole different game. then if on the next play all 4 defenders just dont stand around and wait for lebron to score would have been tied la ball to close game..
Quote:
a broken record...i doubt if he listens to us fans or his coaching staff..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #209
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Lakers played soft last night. Kobe starts putting up shots when his teammates aren't competing as hard as they should IMO.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #210
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Lakers played soft last night. Kobe starts putting up shots when his teammates aren't competing as hard as they should IMO.
I see it as his team mates don't want to compete when Kobe starts chucking imo. Last night he just wanted to go at it with LeBron in the 4th. That was it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #211
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
I see it as his team mates don't want to compete when Kobe starts chucking imo. Last night he just wanted to go at it with LeBron in the 4th. That was it.
if you're correct, then seems to me he still hasn't "grown" up like everyone thought...i thought he's better than lebron in that department, maturity, but i guess i'm wrong...he just jacks it up whenever he feels like it, i guess...oh well, looks to me it's gonna be a 3-5 road trip, if we're lucky
      01-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #212
jamesyoon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: not an owner yet :(

Quote:
+1 team get's too dependent on Kobe. I mean I would if he was bringing home the TROPHIES
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #213
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
if you're correct, then seems to me he still hasn't "grown" up like everyone thought...i thought he's better than lebron in that department, maturity, but i guess i'm wrong...he just jacks it up whenever he feels like it, i guess...oh well, looks to me it's gonna be a 3-5 road trip, if we're lucky
I disagree. He's shown he's more than a willing passer.

When you are at a very high level and very good at what you do, often times you will choose the best path for what you view is success. If in a game you are struggling, due to his competitive nature, he will choose to take it over because he wants to win. If you show you can do it, he is more than willing to give it up.

That is what he is. That is how he is wired. Take it or leave it. I don't think it's about "growing up." Lebron is a different type of player. He would rather pass. Kobe gets a lot of "hockey" assists due to the triangle offense. If he was in a different offense, I believe he would average 2-3 more assists per game. He is still the Lakers' leader in assists/game and has been most of his career.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #214
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

Quote:

When you are at a very high level and very good at what you do, often times you will choose the best path for what you view is success. If in a game you are struggling, due to his competitive nature, he will choose to take it over because he wants to win. If you show you can do it, he is more than willing to give it up.

That is what he is. That is how he is wired. Take it or leave it. I don't think it's about "growing up." Lebron is a different type of player. He would rather pass. Kobe gets a lot of "hockey" assists due to the triangle offense. If he was in a different offense, I believe he would average 2-3 more assists per game. He is still the Lakers' leader in assists/game and has been most of his career.
Chit..whatever dude...kobe homer...lol...where u gonna be at for sunday game? i'll be in OC...
      01-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #215
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

I think his competive nature is one of his weakness. He is too competitive. When he is struggling in shooting, he will keep shooting until he makes a couple. After he makes a couple, he thinks he's on a roll and keep shooting.
This is why I think LeBron is the better player. LeBron does everything with the flow of the game. Kobe is very predictable. If he is passive in the first couple of quarters then you know he will be shooting a lot later on. Jeff Van Gundy mentioned this many times before.

I'm a die hard Kobe fan but even I can see what his flaws are.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #216
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Chit..whatever dude...kobe homer...lol...where u gonna be at for sunday game? i'll be in OC...
ha. I'm a Lakers fan before a Kobe fan. I've been once since the Showtime Era. I can just try to view things subjectively.

Quote:
I think his competive nature is one of his weakness. He is too competitive. When he is struggling in shooting, he will keep shooting until he makes a couple. After he makes a couple, he thinks he's on a roll and keep shooting.
This is why I think LeBron is the better player. LeBron does everything with the flow of the game. Kobe is very predictable. If he is passive in the first couple of quarters then you know he will be shooting a lot later on. Jeff Van Gundy mentioned this many times before.

I'm a die hard Kobe fan but even I can see what his flaws are.
It's a strength and weakness that is for sure. Strength is he's determined to hit and shot, regardless of how bad he is playing. Sometimes it produces game winners, sometimes it produces bad shots. You take the good with the bad and usually the good greatly outweighs the bad.

Lebron has his weaknesses as well.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #217
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Kobe has been pretty good the last couple of road games. That's what I like to see. Hope he's out of his shooting slump.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 11:12 PM   #218
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Kobe has been pretty good the last couple of road games. That's what I like to see. Hope he's out of his shooting slump.
He's a prolific scorer, we all know that, but when he facilitates, we have a better chance to win...if you look at the last couple of games, he started out facilitating and then started shooting after that..obviously that strategy made his teammates are more involved and the game flowed smoother..rather than stagnant. Finally, the coaching staff should and had played a better role in preparing these guys...we're 1/2 way thru now, so it's time to step up, like Magic said...hopefully we come back from the trip with a winning record..i'll take 5-3 instead of my earlier prediction of 3-5
      01-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #219
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
He's a prolific scorer, we all know that, but when he facilitates, we have a better chance to win...if you look at the last couple of games, he started out facilitating and then started shooting after that..obviously that strategy made his teammates are more involved and the game flowed smoother..rather than stagnant. Finally, the coaching staff should and had played a better role in preparing these guys...we're 1/2 way thru now, so it's time to step up, like Magic said...hopefully we come back from the trip with a winning record..i'll take 5-3 instead of my earlier prediction of 3-5
You do what the defense gives you. He can't facilitate all day and just get his rhythm later in the game. While he is good at it, it is not always ideal.

The coaching staff has a different methodology than most of the rest of the NBA. They are willing to experiment with different lineups and putting different players in tough situations. Their theory is it will prepare them for the post season and they will not be as stressed because they have been through it before. Phil will sacrifice a regular season loss for the greater goal of learning IMO.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #220
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

Resurrected.

New NBA landscape after today's deadline trades...what do you guys think? Cleveland a new fav to capture the trophy or is it the Lakers still the team to beat!?