BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

02-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #287
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Great stuff Nick. Thanks for the updates. Everyone I have met from AE is super nice, I hope to meet you too one day! (I'm Nabil's friend)

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #288
Z06M3
///M...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Z06 | 16 M3

I've lost my father to cancer. Doctors gave him 6 months but he fought for six years! Glad to hear you're fighting this monster off Nick. Keeping you in my prayers.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #289
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Your attitude inspires me Nick, I truly wish you the best, you deserve it. I mean that man
I appreciate that a lot. I'm working hard with all the issues through this battle, because I couldnt even explain how difficult its been nearly a full year since this thread was started by JPSIMON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryet330i View Post
Wish you all the best Nick! Will pray for a speedy recovery!!! GL
Thank you very much, good sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
99% of making it through any ordeal in life is attitude and yours is great. I have nothing but high hopes for you.

I look forward to hearing about your recovery and wish you the absolute best.
I'm definitely pushing 100% with this for me because I wont give up. It's very hard against all the problems with cancer that shows up during the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzbullseye View Post
Prayers coming your way! Keep that great attitude and you will prevail!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdadkel View Post
Prayers for complete recovery bro!

I know that the chemo can really suck, but you already punched cancer in the face so this will be a piece of cake. We will try to keep your spirits up in OT
It's all been difficult, so I can't call it a piece of cake, but I look forward at the future after I finish this battle. I'm planning on writing a book about the whole battle once I'm finish because I have nearly a year of recovering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
You got this, Nick. Stay strong.
Thank you! I appreciate that a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle View Post
good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Great stuff Nick. Thanks for the updates. Everyone I have met from AE is super nice, I hope to meet you too one day! (I'm Nabil's friend)
I would like meeting you too. I would have meet you too, but I was out of the office nearly all last year. Nabil is awesome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzlnt View Post
I've lost my father to cancer. Doctors gave him 6 months but he fought for six years! Glad to hear you're fighting this monster off Nick. Keeping you in my prayers.
Im very sorry hearing about your father. He definitely fought hard for 6 years and hes a very inspirational man hearing that.

These cancer demons needs to be stopped. I have so many friends that finished their battles.

edit: In 2009, I flew to visit my grandfather earlier that year for his serious lung surgery for stage 4 cancer. He ended up needing chemo at the end of that year. He has been fighting his cancer all last year, and his doctors have said that nothing can help it anymore. He has worked so hard using me as an inspiration for him as I use him too. He almost gave up during the last few months and I forced him from my own work, so he is doing much better now since hes 80 years old. I will see him soon once I'm healthy enough to fly to see him too.

I should have mentioned that December 29 2009 was when I went to the hospital when I was medically induced into a 2 month coma after a few days into the coma when my doctors found cancer in my marrow and I started chemo right away too. Its a bit strange for big signs from other people that year including other friends fighting their own cancer battles too between Lymphoma, and Throat cancer too.

I should say, I can totally understand how medical has gotten much better during the last 10-20 years back since my mother's best friend died from cancer when I was 10. I still wonder if she could have been saved during this time. I shouldnt think about that, but I know she worked hard for her battle when I saw her in the hospital then and I still visual it all still.

Last edited by Nick@aep; 02-07-2011 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #290
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

I definitely havent updated this thread much anymore. I'm just updating for my current health fighting this "disease" that shouldnt ever happen to anyone.

I have been at the dr. nearly every day recently including spending full weeks or random overnights for transfusions. Of course, this isnt ever helping people improving real lives on top dealing with these worthless cancer diseases. I've said a lot times that I won't ever lose.

Yesterday, I was at the hospital until mid-evening after many normal pre-marrow transplant tests**. I really felt like I was in Gattaca if anyone hasnt watched it. I am very close starting my marrow transplant while I'm living in the hospital for a full month during this.

Sadly, I really wish my hearing loss issue would have come back until a full year when I last heard anything. You could all understand how much worse hearing loss making it more difficult for me. I am still thankful for hearing for my whole life until this point because I never would understand many people born without hearing for their whole lives.

I do know this thread isnt stickied anymore, but I do have it subscribed if anyone posts or has any questions for me including PMs too. I do appreciate all the kind posts through this thread more than a full year now.

Nick

Last edited by Nick@aep; 03-05-2011 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: added a missed word
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 02:57 AM   #291
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Keep fighting homie. You got this.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 03:20 AM   #292
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

wish you the best!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 03:20 AM   #293
BlackMoupe
Mouper
United_States
Rep
Drives: _____

You're a fighter, you got this!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 03:27 AM   #294
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
We wish you all the BEST!
      03-05-2011, 03:44 AM   #295
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Making it to the bone marrow transplant stage is huge. They only put you there if you're strong.
      03-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #296
SINIST3R
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92

Wish you all the best
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 04:19 AM   #297
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

I'll be praying for you.. I know its easier said than done, but stay strong!
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #298
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

I just now saw this thread and am not sure how I missed it. Would like to wish you the best and hope you recover fully. Prayers are out for you. Hope everything works out for you just the way you want it to.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #299
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@AEPerformance View Post
edit: In 2009, I flew to visit my grandfather earlier that year for his serious lung surgery for stage 4 cancer. He ended up needing chemo at the end of that year. He has been fighting his cancer all last year, and his doctors have said that nothing can help it anymore. He has worked so hard using me as an inspiration for him as I use him too. He almost gave up during the last few months and I forced him from my own work, so he is doing much better now since hes 80 years old. I will see him soon once I'm healthy enough to fly to see him too.
My grandfather went in about 10 days ago with pneumonia. During the CAT scan it was revealed he also had stage 4 lung cancer. We were told it could be anywhere from 2 months to a year, as at 90 there is nothing they can do.

He waited until all the family had a chance to see him this week and passed away yesterday morning. He knew it was his time and was ready. I'm glad he didn't suffer and passed peacefully in his sleep. He will be missed but he was a great man that lived a full, wonderful life.

I wish you all the best in your ongoing fight. That is amazing that you are able to help your grandfather fight through this with your own battle as inspiration. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #300
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i (F10)

Your determination is inspiring! Hang in there and keep fighting Nick!
      04-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #301
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Guys,

I haven't posted much during the last months how busy it has been pushing through everything. At the moment- I am posting from the hospital on the transplant floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Keep fighting homie. You got this.
Thank you bud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
wish you the best!
I appreciate that a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSKE92 View Post
You're a fighter, you got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
We wish you all the BEST!
Thank you very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Making it to the bone marrow transplant stage is huge. They only put you there if you're strong.
I'm posting from the hospital after my transplant in next post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood07 View Post
I'll be praying for you.. I know its easier said than done, but stay strong!
Thank you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I just now saw this thread and am not sure how I missed it. Would like to wish you the best and hope you recover fully. Prayers are out for you. Hope everything works out for you just the way you want it to.
Thank you sir!

There will be success story soon, and I can feel it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
My grandfather went in about 10 days ago with pneumonia. During the CAT scan it was revealed he also had stage 4 lung cancer. We were told it could be anywhere from 2 months to a year, as at 90 there is nothing they can do.

He waited until all the family had a chance to see him this week and passed away yesterday morning. He knew it was his time and was ready. I'm glad he didn't suffer and passed peacefully in his sleep. He will be missed but he was a great man that lived a full, wonderful life.

I wish you all the best in your ongoing fight. That is amazing that you are able to help your grandfather fight through this with your own battle as inspiration. Good luck.
Wow. He definitely had a full long great live for 90 years. I would be happy after that many years. My great grandmother passed with a similar story at being 97 while the entire family flew to see her until she passed within a day.

Back on to my grandfather at the moment- I'm still fighting for him while we're both neutropenic without being allowed traveling, so we talk through skype, but I still can only talk to him through typing about my hearing loss. It is definitely better than nothing. It is being difficult for him since his doctors have stopped his chemo treatments since it stopped working in the last month. I'm trying hard keeping him positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzbullseye View Post
Your determination is inspiring! Hang in there and keep fighting Nick!
Thank you very much! I really appreciate your post!

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #302
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

TRANSPLANT!!

Here is my update about my previous mentions about my transplant-

I have 3 sisters and the youngest one is 16 who 100% matched me. Obviously- I got pretty lucky her matching.

I had been working hard this entire year for many tests and pre-transplant chemo treatments. The easiest for me to explain the whole transplant plan is not a simple procedure from day 1 and even till now.

I was finally ready after passing through many tests until I was admitted April 9th 2011.

April 13 2011- I received my transplant which is considered being a Birthday for transplants.

Today is day +7 after the transplant and everything is working great. I have been lucky to have avoided bad nauseated days after the transplant, but I haven't felt any of it.

I have been feeling that I have been sitting around healing and just having tests the whole time.

I will still be in the hospital for a couple weeks until I'm discharged to go home for me to be outpatient for a lot tests until they slow down up to +100 days. I am supposed to be able feeling more normal since I will be slightly isolated after 6 months after the transplant.

I really appreciate all of you guys following this thread, and I am trying hard answering posts in here, and I still update the thread during the recovery too.

Nick

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #303
Elie335i
Legit :)
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335Is/320i both coupe.

be well nick, my prayers with you.
      04-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #304
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

good luck sir and in hard times just know everyone here has got ur back <3
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #305
NFIDDY5
I bleed Scarlet and Gray!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

I don't venture into the Off Topic section much, so this is the first time I have seen this thread. Glad to see you found a match and that the transplant went well. Stay strong brother and keep fighting. We are all pulling for you and you are in our prayers Nick.

JIC CROSS || BMS || Agency Power || Falken Tires
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #306
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Thank you friends! I appreciate the posts a lot!

Transplant +9 days

Here's my update for today-

Very early morning I was woken from my nurses saying- "your platelets are very low... At 4am a transfusion is scheduled"

It's not random since it's happened at least about 4 times this month if I can't remember. There's no risks for this showing up since I always just go back to sleep and I'll wake up until around 9-10am.

Next which is the best part-

My white cells (WBC) dropped down last weekend which is a good thing for it to drop off as low to 0.0. But it never zeroed.

Wednesday I bounced up to 0.3 and kept at 0.3 for Thursday-

This early morning my labs showed up that my WBC bounced up to 0.5 (500) which is a huge bonus. My doctor predicts that my WBC should make up to 1000 until Sunday which is actually my birthday. I will then be done being completely isolated in my room so I can walk around the hallways and however using the gym here too.

This all basically means my transplant is running into the engraftment so my WBC can run up to 8k-12k.

I may be discharged early since I've been told that I've been in the 98% percentage how well my labs have been without any issues I've been in the transplant floor. I hope I can go home by next weekend since it's pretty boring being isolated after weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #307
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i (F10)

Great to hear of your progress following the transplant! Know that people are thinking of you even when you're isolated - positive thoughts are flowing your way! Keep up the rope-a-dope ...no way you don't end up with knockdown at the end of this fight!
      04-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #308
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Keep it up man, you got this!