BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

BPM

03-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
msingh
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 MW E92 M3 DCT

Looking to buy a 58/09 e92 M3 - is my budget realistic?

Hi,

I am currently looking to buy an e92 M3. I have never bought an M car/BMW before so am quite new to everything.

I have narrowed down what I want to a lowish (below 40k) miles coupe, with EDC, and hopefully bluetooth/USB/parking sensors. I understand that in late 08/early 09 the i-drive system was updated to a better HDD based version so hopefully I am looking for a late 08/early 09 plate (although sometimes it seems even the 09 plates have the old idrive?).

Most the BMW AUC examples I have seen so far seem to command a much greater premium and some of the cars I have seen dont seem to be that great. Alot seem to be ex-demo which I wasnt very keen on.

My budget is around 28-30k max and I was hoping to find a well looked after example, hopefully 1 or 2 owners max from a private seller.

Is this budget realistic or should I be looking for an older (57/early 08) m3 ? Not much seems to be cropping up looking on pistonheads/BMW AUC/autotrader, although I am being a bit fussy about colour (black interior only and alpine white/silverstone II exterior!)

Also let me know any other tips you have for a new M3 buyer.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
ianot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

i'm selling my 58 plate with only 13,400 miles on the clock....check it out
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
ianot
Private First Class
Rep

Sorry, here's the link and well within your budget:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655383
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
///Malek
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 -

Ive just done a deal with Sytner and due to take delivery of my very first E92 Jerez Black on Black on Friday.Cant wait.33k on the clock for £25500 from Sytner Nottingham.I too looked for a car with EDC but these dealers know that it was an expensive option initially,so they hike up the price.Im sure that EDC would be great for track use and have tried a few with and without and really,different strokes I suppose.Doncaster Stratstone have a white one for 27350 with 50ish on the clock and it feels like a 50k car.I dont think that your budget is unreasonable - perhaps you need to get the approved used app if you havent already got it - Happy searching Mr Singh
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #5
msingh
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 MW E92 M3 DCT

ianot, thanks for the offer, your car does look nice but it doesnt quite fit what I'm looking for - EDC and newer idrive. I'm sure you'll find someone eager to snap it up soon - you could always trade it in/part exchange it if it isnt shifting?

Malek, congrats with your car. The main reason I'd like EDC as the car is going to be a daily driver and with the poor state of some local roads I thought a 'comfort' setting would be useful. Plus, as I will probably end up piling up alot of miles on it, EDC might help come resale time.

I did see that white Doncaster M3 advertised, it had only done 41k miles although I think it was an ex-demo so I wasn't too interested. A bit disappointing you say it felt like a 50k+ miler - in what way?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 02:07 AM   #6
ianot
Private First Class
Rep

No worries.
Appreciate 0