BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

06-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #111
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Looking forward to the review with those getting the RE shifters. I'm on the fence between the RE and UUC. The RE site doesn't state anything about how much the kit actually reduces the throw by. UUC clearly states, 35-40% depending on shifter height with 100MM reduction in throw from 3rd to 4th gear.

The RE site just goes on and on about shifter smoothness and ergonomics but has nothing on a pretty important fact - How much shorter are the throws? I'm sure this is something a lot of potential buyers would like to know.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #112
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
I've now got a few hundred miles on my UUC, including several 1-2 shifts at 8600 (that you Dinan) and I'm uber pleased. It's more precise, smoother and faster. I very occasionally hear a metallic rattle for an instant in a fast, hard shift, clearly coming from the shifter, which I consider a non-factor, just an indication that it's all metal. The shifts in the higher gears are almost instantaneous and ultrasmooth. Still, the 1-2 shift is the true test of a shifter and the UUC passes with flying colors.

Dave