BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

01-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #23
euro
Grand Am Timing Official
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 2018 Ford Raptor

I have the full race exhaust: HFC option AND the non-HFC pipes. The non-cat pipes are still wrapped in bubble wrap...

Its not coated and has about 350 miles on it, never in the snow/salt, NO CODES. It was installed, cleaned with brake clean and pipes wiped down with WD-40 before it was started.

(Never touched the cans or tips with it, just wiped those with brake clean. WD-40 is an old racer trick for making SS turn a beautiful gold as it gets old and eliminated fingerprints from burning into the finish.)

I'd entertain the idea of selling it all for $3800 + actual shipping cost, I could use the money for some other shit.

/Greg
      01-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #24
Eddie_440i
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Bmw 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro View Post
I have the full race exhaust: HFC option AND the non-HFC pipes. The non-cat pipes are still wrapped in bubble wrap...

Its not coated and has about 350 miles on it, never in the snow/salt, NO CODES. It was installed, cleaned with brake clean and pipes wiped down with WD-40 before it was started.

(Never touched the cans or tips with it, just wiped those with brake clean. WD-40 is an old racer trick for making SS turn a beautiful gold as it gets old and eliminated fingerprints from burning into the finish.)

I'd entertain the idea of selling it all for $3800 + actual shipping cost, I could use the money for some other shit.

/Greg
Pics ? Did you go for HFC or non HFC on your car ? What are you selling x-pipe catless + Muffler race ?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #25
euro
Grand Am Timing Official
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3, 2018 Ford Raptor

I bought the full race system. That included the X-Pipe, the non-cat pipes and the 2 race mufflers.

In addition to that I also bought the HFC pipes. I wanted to be able to switch back and forth in the future, perhaps when a good CEL eliminator option became available or when my warranty ran out and I didnt mind getting a flash.

I installed the HFC pipes, the non-HFC pipes are still wrapped in bubble wrap, never installed. Fit and finish is second to none. Absolutely no CEL and its been anything from 10 degrees to 55 degrees, driving 2 hours on highway and city, rocking on it and driving like a grandma.

I'll drop the whole thing off my car and sell it all for 3800. The ultimate in flexibility - with HFC and without

I dont mind putting it on my lift this evening and snapping some pics.

Last edited by euro; 01-20-2010 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: added info about getting pictures
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #26
Eddie_440i
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Bmw 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro View Post
I bought the full race system. That included the X-Pipe, the non-cat pipes and the 2 race mufflers.

In addition to that I also bought the HFC pipes. I wanted to be able to switch back and forth in the future, perhaps when a good CEL eliminator option became available or when my warranty ran out and I didnt mind getting a flash.

I installed the HFC pipes, the non-HFC pipes are still wrapped in bubble wrap, never installed. Fit and finish is second to none. Absolutely no CEL and its been anything from 10 degrees to 55 degrees, driving 2 hours on highway and city, rocking on it and driving like a grandma.

I'll drop the whole thing off my car and sell it all for 3800. The ultimate in flexibility - with HFC and without

I dont mind putting it on my lift this evening and snapping some pics.
aah okej ! Could you send some pics ?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #27
boother
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 jerez black m3 coupe

what would be louder just the race muffler... or.... the full sport system with Gintani HFC x-pipe?

I ordered the sport with the HFC xpipe. Just trying to get an idea of where my car will stand on the sound totum pole.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #28
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boother View Post
what would be louder just the race muffler... or.... the full sport system with Gintani HFC x-pipe?

I ordered the sport with the HFC xpipe. Just trying to get an idea of where my car will stand on the sound totum pole.
I would say the it would be about the same!

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0