BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

02-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #23
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26.2 View Post
Here's a question. I did not order the Satellite Radio option. If I want it later, is this something that the dealer can add anytime---or would the entire unit need to be replaced? If the later, I realize I can simply add a receiver. Thanks if anybody knows.
Yes they can add it it will just be alot more expensive. your talking 1k+ at a later time.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #24
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
Yes they can add it it will just be alot more expensive. your talking 1k+ at a later time.
I had mine added to my 335 cxi at the dealer. Granted it would have been a little more retail to retail but not $1,000 here. I paid $600 installed, basically the same as the option.

I really like Sirius. It doesn't sound as good as my I-Pod, but having a wide variety of commercial free music is priceless. I just hate (strongly dislike ) radio and television commercials. I am so sick of being owned by advertising. You can't even watch TV anymore without ridiculous pop ups, banners and lengthly commercials. An hour show now is like 25 mins. of actual program. OT, and done ranting.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #25
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I had mine added to my 335 cxi at the dealer. Granted it would have been a little more retail to retail but not $1,000 here. I paid $600 installed, basically the same as the option.

I really like Sirius. It doesn't sound as good as my I-Pod, but having a wide variety of commercial free music is priceless. I just hate (strongly dislike ) radio and television commercials. I am so sick of being owned by advertising. You can't even watch TV anymore without ridiculous pop ups, banners and lengthly commercials. An hour show now is like 25 mins. of actual program. OT, and done ranting.
your car might have been Sirius ready. meaning it was prewired for it. in any case I think most new cars are alreay pre wired for it so I will take my statement back. It may cost the same price as when ordered factory unless the car is not pre-wired.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #26
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

I believe all BMW's now have Sat prep standard. Sat prep was a $75 option in 06 on my 330i. You don't see Sat Prep as an option now because it is standard so you can add it easily later...
      02-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
I believe all BMW's now have Sat prep standard. Sat prep was a $75 option in 06 on my 330i. You don't see Sat Prep as an option now because it is standard so you can add it easily later...
Good--that's what I was hoping. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #28
kmac1980
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 540xi

Am i the only one here that has found SIRIUS quality to be ATTROCIOUS?

I find it's only slightly better than AM radio, definitely lower quality than a strong FM channel and light years behind CD or properly encoded (192+) mp3s.

I love the content, but I can't bear to listen to the muddy sound anymore so i'm not renewing after the free year that came with the car. It's so compressed it sounds like anything below 100hz and above 10,000hz is cut off (normal human hearing is 20-20,000)
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
ring007
Major
Rep
Drives: GT3RS & Speciale No BMWs now

We have it in our home, M3, and both X5's. I enjoy it and my wife really likes the ability to record her talk radio shows 9on our home receiver) to listen to at her leisure. The lifetime subscription is the way to go. You can switch it 3 times over the life and when I signed up at the time of purchase of a new BMW they credited the 1 year that you get free so it cost me $250 for a lifetime sub on that radio.
Appreciate 0