BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

08-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #45
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
Fair enough. But it always comes down to the particular buyer and goals, and eventually you have to draw the line in the sand and say, well yeah I'd love Ohlins, but these dampers should be sufficient. I doubt many of us would experience buyer's remorse with KW CS like you did with UUC's "bbk".

Sorry, guess I get a little defensive over my coilovers

But that should be a good sign for people on the fence about them. I plan on making my car a full blown GTS4/5 racecar eventually, and I think the KW CS are sufficient for that (my opinion obviously).
I think that says a lot about your coilovers that you are willing to go to bat for them! My example is a bit more significant than this case, agreed.

Let's face it...it comes down to I have the most awesome chocolate fudge sunday...do I put rainbow colored sprinkles on it or do I go for the doo-doo brown ones? Yeah, in the end the OP will probably be happy with either one. But the question is...could he just be a tad more happier with the JRZs? I would guess yes. Is it worth it? I can't answer that.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #46
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Do you guys have general prices for all these coilovers?

KW CS?
KW CS 3 way?
I think the KW Competetion are more than $5,000.

JRZ?
Moton?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #47
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

In case people saw my old post I deleted, I'm back home now so I can type things out better. Anyways, I've owned Eibach Springs, H&R Springs, RDsport Springs, Ground Control Coil Conversion, KW V3, KW Clubsport, JRZ RS, and JRZ RS Pro. Out of those, I've tried the Eibachs, the KW's, and the JRZ's on the track. I've also had ride-alongs with those with Dinan spring and Ground Control and Moton setups. And of course, I have a good idea about the prices on all of these, and all of these setups were experienced on E90 or E92 M3's.

Anyways, I hope you guys have fun discussing this topic.

Last edited by LateBraking; 08-23-2012 at 12:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #48
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
In case people saw my old post I deleted, I'm back home now so I can type things out better. Anyways, I've owned Eibach Springs, H&R Springs, RDsport Springs, Ground Control Coil Conversion, KW V3, KW Clubsport, JRZ RS, and JRZ RS Pro. Out of those, I've tried the Eibachs, the KW's, and the JRZ's on the track. I've also had ride-alongs with those with Dinan spring and Ground Control and Moton setups. And of course, I have a good idea about the prices on all of these, and all of these setups were experienced on E90 or E92 M3's.

Hmmmm... ok Brian!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Do you guys have general prices for all these coilovers?

KW CS?
KW CS 3 way?
I think the KW Competetion are more than $5,000.

JRZ?
Moton?

Your best bet is to shop around, ask vendors etc.
Some vendors on here are very competitive while some others... well let's just say you wonder how they stay in business
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #49
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post

Ok, what was the point of this post again??
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 02:00 AM   #50
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

lol ppl mad
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #51
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Ok, what was the point of this post again??
Just pretend I was durkn. Then everything makes sense.

kaiv gets it so it coo dawg. lulz
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #52
Bryan @ JRZ
Magic grip wand
Rep
Drives: Adjustment knobs

Hello everyone. I made an account here to say that this has been some great feedback and insight into the minds of the people we make our dampers for. For those who already own the RS1, we are happy that it is doing its job. To those interested; RS1 units are shipping more and more each week so hopefully you find someone nearby willing to let you ride along.

I don't want to weigh in on product differences and/or comparisons since I am biased and this forum is for open discussion. If you'd like to hear my spiel, my phone # is on our site.

Generally I don't appear on the forums because it is a lot to keep up with and I hate to abandon them. Since I jumped in though, I'd be happy to address technical questions in a general format if anyone is interested.

Happy driving!

-Bryan

Last edited by Bryan @ JRZ; 08-23-2012 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #53
grussell
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 SG E92 M3

I have used Moton race and JRZ 3 way race shocks on my Porsches. Personally, I couldn't tell you the difference in performance between them. I was pleased with both. At this level what was most important was setup and support from a shop that was maintaining my car(s). I would pick a shop and go with their recommendation. Have them do the spec, installation and setup. If they go to the track often, they can even drive your car and provide track settings for you free of charge.

I would not buy them on the internet for the best price and take them to a shop that quotes the lowest price for installation. Pick a good shop, support them and let them make a little money. I believe the Engineer/Tech will make more of a difference than the actual coilover even if you are a highly skilled driver.

All of that being said, if I were to put coilovers on my M3 they would definitely be JRZ RS. If I only wanted to lower my car, V3's would be my choice. I went with Dinan springs and camber plates because I wanted to keep EDC and I did not want to lower my car.

I hope this helps.
Appreciate 0